West Orange Stark 2021

WOS1986

Ladybug's way of thinking will be the end of Mustang football....  It's all about putting the best team/coaching on the field.  When you start skipping over qualifications to select based on skin color, sexual orientation, gender, etc,.... you lose something. 

According to Ladybug, the Lakers would be better if they started two white guys, Lebron, an Asian, a Gay Mexican, and had a female coach.... because our diversity is our strength.  Dumbest thing I've ever heard.  

If somebody was to say "they need to hire a white dude at Beaumont United... they've only had black up until now... it's OUR time" they'd be branded as a racist... and that would be a correct assessment. 

33 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Ladybug's way of thinking will be the end of Mustang football....  It's all about putting the best team/coaching on the field.  When you start skipping over qualifications to select based on skin color, sexual orientation, gender, etc,.... you lose something. 

According to Ladybug, the Lakers would be better if they started two white guys, Lebron, an Asian, a Gay Mexican, and had a female coach.... because our diversity is our strength.  Dumbest thing I've ever heard.  

If somebody was to say "they need to hire a white dude at Beaumont United... they've only had black up until now... it's OUR time" they'd be branded as a racist... and that would be a correct assessment. 

No, that’s not where I was going.  All I said was for years, at Central (and Ozen), then a HC vacancy comes open, they seem to get black coaches while West Brook gets white guys.  I always wondered why and have questioned it for years.  I assume the district hiring Foreman was supposed to put that inquiry to rest but it really didn’t for obvious reasons.  Now it’s United with 2 black coaches, some of them were white that applied.  I’m sure if the WB job came open again, it would be a white coach.  Just want to know the screening process.  Do you select race then go for qualifications?  Speaking of qualifications, .... well, never mind.  Sorry to hijack this WO-S thread.  I’m just rambling I guess. Or maybe I see a similarity with the Orange and Beaumont politics...

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No, that’s not where I was going.  All I said was for years, at Central (and Ozen), then a HC vacancy comes open, they seem to get black coaches while West Brook gets white guys.  I always wondered why and have questioned it for years.  I assume the district hiring Foreman was supposed to put that inquiry to rest but it really didn’t for obvious reasons.  Now it’s United with 2 black coaches, some of them were white that applied.  I’m sure if the WB job came open again, it would be a white coach.  Just want to know the screening process.  Do you select race then go for qualifications?  Speaking of qualifications, .... well, never mind.  Sorry to hijack this WO-S thread.  I’m just rambling I guess. Or maybe I see a similarity with the Orange and Beaumont politics...

Anybody that thinks that a coach's skin color should be prioritized at hiring time is not thinking correctly... whether they think a coach should be white, black, purple, etc....  

Not trying to stir the pot, but the evidence clearly indicates that WOS needs another white QB if they ever want to win state again.  

See how ignorant that sounds?

I've been hearing that same racist mess out of WOS faithful for years now.  It gets old.  And everybody is too timid to call it what it is.... sickening. 

I was blown away when PAM picked their guy a couple of years ago.... seeing as to how they're the only team still standing, it makes me think that being colorblind come hiring time can actually work in a school's benefit.  But not everybody sees things that way.  I certainly hope that other openings in our area that are predominantly white have their options open at hiring time, too.  

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Anybody that thinks that a coach's skin color should be prioritized at hiring time is not thinking correctly... whether they think a coach should be white, black, purple, etc....  

Not trying to stir the pot, but the evidence clearly indicates that WOS needs another white QB if they ever want to win state again.  

See how ignorant that sounds?

I've been hearing that same racist mess out of WOS faithful for years now.  It gets old.  And everybody is too timid to call it what it is.... sickening. 

I was blown away when PAM picked their guy a couple of years ago.... seeing as to how they're the only team still standing, it makes me think that being colorblind come hiring time can actually work in a school's benefit.  But not everybody sees things that way.  I certainly hope that other openings in our area that are predominantly white have their options open at hiring time, too.  

I agree with everything.  Especially the color blind part. I can understand if it was just black coaches applying or vise versa.  But you have different races applying and the school just hired the preferred race and it is crazy.    Hire the most qualified guy that will help you win IMO.  
I had my doubts on the Memorial HV but he is proving me and everyone else wrong this year.  To go from last year to now with basically the same group shows me something.  But Memorial is different.  Coach Morgan is the 2nd white coach hired by memorial out of like 4 I believe.  
 And I see your point about WO-S needing a white QB to win state...

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Let me make this clear. Qualified applicants should get a fair shake. I just don’t think that’s the case in Orange or Beaumont. And not taking anything away from Coach T, Coach Peevey, or Coach Graham...

Are you saying when WO-S handed over the reins to Cornel that there was somebody out there that didn't get a fair shake? Or am I misreading this?

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

At that point, IMO, Toby didn’t get a fair shake. Keep in mind, that’s my opinion.  And I have no gripe with Coach T...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think CT had been to Palestine as a HC and Tobey didn't have any HC experience... but I could be totally mistaken on that point... does anybody remember?

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

SHHHH!

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

I'm not backing down on my opinion.

The decision will not be yours to make. It will be made by the school board. I know change is needed on many levels of society. But not this, not now, and not like that. You could have easily said black coaches currently in the system deserve a fair opportunity. Which we can all agree with. But what you said sounds more like a demand. How about coach Garrett or Botley? What about someone from Toby's staff like Roy Locks? Who's your pick?

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The decision will not be yours to make. It will be made by the school board. I know change is needed on many levels of society. But not this, not now, and not like that. You could have easily said black coaches currently in the system deserve a fair opportunity. Which we can all agree with. But what you said sounds more like a demand. How about coach Garrett or Botley? What about someone from Toby's staff like Roy Locks? Who's your pick?

Roy would be perfect if hired when the time comes...but I don't see Toby or anyone leaving Shoemaker right now, they literally rebuilt a struggling program back to respectability. Sky is the limit for those guys at the moment. 

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Roy would be perfect if hired when the time comes...but I don't see Toby or anyone leaving Shoemaker right now, they literally rebuilt a struggling program back to respectability. Sky is the limit for those guys at the moment. 

I agree. They have had success in a place without much consistency. I've heard him say being a military town, you never know who you got or for how long.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

When the time comes, if Roy Locks is the choice, I would be over the moon.  Quite frankly, the same with Toby Foreman. 

I don't know if his stint as Shoemaker has changed his mind on this, but even through his tenure at Central he indicated that he still coveted the West Orange-Stark position.  Not only is he from the area, but his wife is as well.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I agree. They have had success in a place without much consistency. I've heard him say being a military town, you never know who you got or for how long.

That's very true. I learned that by being around San Antonio folks while in the USAF, specifically Judson, Jay and Wagner folks. 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

When the time comes, if Roy Locks is the choice, I would be over the moon.  Quite frankly, the same with Toby Foreman. 

I don't know if his stint as Shoemaker has changed his mind on this, but even through his tenure at Central he indicated that he still coveted the West Orange-Stark position.  Not only is he from the area, but his wife is as well.

Oh we know @BMTSoulja1

42 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Well this topic is not just my curiosity it has been discussed before.

This is the hidden content, please

I guess what you’re saying is that if we move to West Orange, my kid should get to start no matter which position he chooses, because y’all don’t have enough white kids on the team?  It doesn’t matter who gets benched, even your kid.. so long as CB Jr get to start?

Some people are just dumb. 
Or racist. Possibly both. 

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Well this topic is not just my curiosity it has been discussed before.

It’s an excellent topic. If a black coach is getting passed up for a HC job by a less qualified white coach, then that’s a travesty. 

BUT, if a black coach gets a job as a HC just because “it’s time” and passes up a more qualified white coach being considered, then that is also a travesty.

2 hours ago, Majestyk said:

How did we even get here? I'm not the one who would have the answer to the discrepancy in the coaching numbers. Why are there so few (ratio wise) whites in the NFL? Go figure.

I know that as white people we’re all inherently racist (lol), but you never hear white people demanding that the nfl rosters be made to more effectively reflect the racial makeup of the nations.  

Crazy, huh? 

But time answer the question posed “why aren’t there more black coaches.... for starters, a coach typically has to have at least a bachelors degree from a liberal arts field. For the sake of argument we’ll just talk about men, not women for the purpose of this conversation. More white men go to college than do black men. More white men finish college than do black men. White people get more liberal arts degrees (education, history, mathematics). For every black candidate, there are many, many, many more white applicants. That’s a supply issue.  You can’t ignore all of the factors that go into this situation, then decry “institutional racism” as the reason that “equality” doesn’t exist. 

The language and explanations in this article are slanted in ways that I don’t agree with, not the data is interesting... especially the comparison of degrees attained by race (white vs black) a pretty good way down the page.