West Orange Stark 2021

WOS1986

Let’s talk about next year. I see someone discuss on China Spring vs. WOS thread so I thought why not to discuss this relate about next year.

I am not sure how many that they lost and return.

my big question is QB issue. I know #19 is more likely play at QB but my opinion that he should stay where he have been and best option. Does anyone know that they have a good QB?

Next several years still good reload or not? Since I cannot see there how they doing cause I don’t live there. 

I would love to hear your opinion and start discuss.

I think #19 has earned the starting role at QB. My concern is that when we have a running QB IMO the team struggles and becomes watchers instead of playing team ball. I may have missed some people who may be starters but here is my list of players who may be coming back.  The (?) are people who I'm not sure what position they will play next year.

# 3, 4 starters RB Jr’s

#10 got playing time this year So.

#13 a starter safety a Jr

#15 starter So. OLB and WR

#19 QB RB all around utility man Jr. starter

#24 RB played a lot not sure if he was a starter

#25 RB and SS so. Starter

#43 Jr. not sure if he started

#44 DE starter Jr.

#51 DT JR. starter

#56 T Jr. ?

#59 starter C DT

63 S0. ?

65 G JR. ?

72 So. ?

77 Jr G

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

How far from 3A D1 are the Stangs? I’ve got a feeling that they’re going to struggle until they can drop down a classification. 

And by struggle I mean not make it beyond a round or two in the playoffs. 

They were at 625 at realignment time. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

How far from 3A D1 are the Stangs? I’ve got a feeling that they’re going to struggle until they can drop down a classification. 

If no less than region finals 8 years in row is struggling then please, let them struggle.

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Excuse me for asking but did BC make a round or two this year? I think we will be ok the cut off is in the 500's

10 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yall still don't know the method of CB's madness?😂 

He specifically said that struggle part to rile yall up. 

Aw I don't think he was up to rilin nobody, he was just being CB.  Aint like he was comparing Nederland to say, Manvel. Now that would downright get some folks draws in a knot.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

4A DII is 515-879

3A DI is 350-514

WO-S turned in 625

Last realignment (2018) WO-S turned in 648.

I don't see WO-S dropping to 3A any time soon.

That’s a long way off, I guess.... but some of us remember when WOS couldn’t even make the playoffs in the old 4A. 

It’s not a big deal... it’s just my opinion that unless something drastic happens, WOS has no realistic championship expectations. 

You’ll notice that nobody from WOS even bothers to make those “do you think WOS will go to state this year” or “I’ve already got my room in Dallas reserved” posts anymore? 

The same softies that were hurt by the “chain gang” moniker are running the show now. In the old days the Mustangs would have treated those positive Covid tests like failing report cards and just went out and dominated. Not anymore. The championship spirit is long gone... just like it no longer lives in BC. The kids that used to move into WOS to play for the Mustangs have stopped coming.  It won’t be long and the kids want to play for rings and looks will start leaving. 

50 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s a long way off, I guess.... but some of us remember when WOS couldn’t even make the playoffs in the old 4A. 

It’s not a big deal... it’s just my opinion that unless something drastic happens, WOS has no realistic championship expectations. 

You’ll notice that nobody from WOS even bothers to make those “do you think WOS will go to state this year” or “I’ve already got my room in Dallas reserved” posts anymore? 

The same softies that were hurt by the “chain gang” moniker are running the show now. In the old days the Mustangs would have treated those positive Covid tests like failing report cards and just went out and dominated. Not anymore. The championship spirit is long gone... just like it no longer lives in BC. The kids that used to move into WOS to play for the Mustangs have stopped coming.  It won’t be long and the kids want to play for rings and looks will start leaving. 

That was one poster making those comments. I never took it as repping the entire Mustang Nation.

I completely disagree with the "championship spirit" gone. That spirit will forever be embodied into the Mustangs.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's ok, you're just getting a little bored is all. Why don't you just walk on out back and go crabbing or something.  You'll feel better.

17 hours ago, WOS1986 said:

Let’s talk about next year. I see someone discuss on China Spring vs. WOS thread so I thought why not to discuss this relate about next year.

I am not sure how many that they lost and return.

my big question is QB issue. I know #19 is more likely play at QB but my opinion that he should stay where he have been and best option. Does anyone know that they have a good QB?

Next several years still good reload or not? Since I cannot see there how they doing cause I don’t live there. 

I would love to hear your opinion and start discuss.

Another hurricane; the towns already poverty stricken population finally decides that global warming is real and begin to retreat further inland 

29 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Another hurricane; the towns already poverty stricken population finally decides that global warming is real and begin to retreat further inland 

Dammitt Archie!  Guess I'd better tie everything down, put these steaks back in the fridge, rattle my hocks north and start eating pork.  Thanks for the heads up.

49 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

I think it goes like this. Valero decides not to build that new unit (thanks, Biden) and enrollment continues to drop. Or, the unit does get built and there is an influx of new students... but they aren’t Mustangs and aren’t about to buy into the work ethic over there. All good things come to an end, and the Mustangs championship days are, too. 

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it goes like this. Valero decides not to build that new unit (thanks, Biden) and enrollment continues to drop. Or, the unit does get built and there is an influx of new students... but they aren’t Mustangs and aren’t about to buy into the work ethic over there. All good things come to an end, and the Mustangs championship days are, too. 

Hope you're wrong, tho I believe there are folks out there that would be glad, secretly or otherwise to see just that.  As long they don't go like, 54 years without a title, and continue to never lose to Bridge City I'll be ok with it.  You got to have something good before something good can come to an end.