Port Arthur Memorial 55 Hamshire-Fannett 62/FINAL

WOSgrad

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Port Arthur Memorial 55 Hamshire-Fannett 62/FINAL
5 minutes ago, Elvis Presley said:

I don't care how many are out there in football.  Fannett should never ever beat port arthur in a million years.  That's grwat coaching!

Slow your roll.

Pretty sure the talent level that both teams had on the floor was pretty equal if not more so for Hamshire-Fannett.

3 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

I don't care how many are out there in football.  Fannett should never ever beat port arthur in a million years.  That's grwat coaching!

Some on here will never acknowledge or give proper credit to him.  It’s okay.  With basketball guys, they only have to see his teams play a time or two to “get it.”  If you don’t get it, it’s kind of like the guy at the poker table who can’t figure out who the sucker is.  If you can’t find the sucker, it’s probably because it’s you...

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Some on here will never acknowledge or give proper credit to him.  It’s okay.  With basketball guys, they only have to see his teams play a time or two to “get it.”  If you don’t get it, it’s kind of like the guy at the poker table who can’t figure out who the sucker is.  If you can’t find the sucker, it’s probably because it’s you...

I personally think Tigee is an excellent coach. One of the best in the area.

My point to the other poster was if you know basketball, one could see that for this year, the talent level is pretty equal between these two teams. One could argue (and be right) that HF is a bit more talented this year than PAM.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

7000 posts and you must be a basketball guy!!!  Any time you beat port arthur in bball it a big win!

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think we all knew that with the loss of Abram and based on how young this team was, we all expected them to have a down year.  No surprise to most.  They’ll end up finding their way halfway through district when the start to gain experience a little...

There were ppl messaging me earlier surprised at the outcome, all were from outside PA lol. This outcome wasn't surprising at all, and folks can say we had bball kids still playing football: let me tell you the outcome would've been a L for us anyway. 

8 hours ago, TheTruth34 said:

Great game from Coach Rideaux and the Longhorns. Best coach in the area. I can only imagine what he would do with Silsbee level talent. 

Man coach is doing his thang, closer to retirement.  got 2 championship rings, accolades. They archive that stuff at the UIL you know, not here, thank goodness.  

Meanwhile, in regards to basketball,  u & will still be here perfecting your trolling skills.

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think we all knew that with the loss of Abrams and based on how young this team was, we all expected them to have a down year.  No surprise to most.  They’ll end up finding their way halfway through district when the start to gain experience a little...

Way too early to trip. The football playoffs are not over.  Still dealing with covid and the holidays.  should be some interesting district match ups.  Then legacies are made in the playoffs.  A win right now?  it counts for something but otherwise meh. HF has come a longs ways though.  

8 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

7000 posts and you must be a basketball guy!!!  Any time you beat port arthur in bball it a big win!

HF is on the up, for now.  Maybe it will stay.  Closing Ozen helped. Tigee is a good coach, one of the better in the area.  Time will tell.  He's had his share of luck.  Ozen talent came his way.  And if you have a 6'10 250lb post on your team at the 4A level you should have at least 1 championship ring as a player. Can't take that away.  Navigate the way to a ring & his legacy should be set.  That's a lot of basketball dribbling but he's young.

8 hours ago, Elvis Presley said:

PA Memorial won a championship.  It was a beautiful thing.   PA Lincoln closed 25 years ago.   You really haven't seen Port Arthur basketball.  The Lincoln Bees had teams scared from the suburbs of Houston, to Dallas, all the way to El Paso, and all points in between.  What you're seeing now is PA basketball lite.

Great win for the Horns. Making this former player (during the rough years) very proud. 

What we have here is a fantastic young coach who grew up here LOCALLY. We ought to be rooting for a local guy who brought a lot of pride here to the area as a player and is now doing great things as a coach. Got a program that not that long ago was absolute g a r b a g e, and now has them beating some of the great teams in the area. Pretty cool in my eyes.