Hardin-Jefferson 29 Nederland 44/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

That's not what was asked. Are they from Sour Lake? The answer is no, and there is more then just one player. HJ survives off of transfers from Beaumont period, always has. East Chambers has as well. Hampshire-Fannett wasn't an open enrollment school until a few years ago and only had kids from their area. Last year was the first time new kids coming into the district benefited the basketball team with really one kid. The other player lived a few miles down the from the school but was going to BU, both were sophomores. There's literally only one kid on their varsity team that is from Beaumont and he sat on JV last year. The rest are from Hampshire, Fannett, and Cheek. HJ has multple players that still live in Beaumont. Doesn't matter when they got there, they are from Beaumont not Sour Lake and most got there 9th and 10th grade.

Being I know who stevenash is, I'll take his word on the subject matter.

10 minutes ago, Roy Orbison said:

Not sure if I agree with this. I saw some of his summer ball. He expanded his game. Not sure if HH can beat the likes of HF but he is more than a shooter.

HF will be way more athletic and physical than HH. That’s a recipe for success in favor of HF. Will be two great battles between those squads. 

47 minutes ago, Roy Orbison said:

Not sure if I agree with this. I saw some of his summer ball. He expanded his game. Not sure if HH can beat the likes of HF but he is more than a shooter.

The previous post said he was better than any player HJ had. I don’t think he’s near the defender or rebounder that some of the Hawks are.