Hardin-Jefferson 29 Nederland 44/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 11/24/2020 at 9:11 PM, Jason_Kidd said:

Hawks play Lumberton on the 30th of December. Then play HF twice in district I got HJ going 3-0 in those games. They will figure it out; if I had to guess they are a program that will peak at the right times this year. A lot of talent in the team; they have to figure out rotations and minutes which takes time. 

Lol HJ not beating HF and will have a lot of trouble with HH. Their press is their offense and if it gets broken then they have no chance of winning against a well coached team. Nederland beat them because they beat their press and played solid half court defense. They literally beat HJ with two offensive players and no real point guard. HJ is very talented, the players aren't the issue. But the depth that Coach Davis normally is privilege to didn't transfer to HJ from Beaumont and Cheek, they went to HF. Let's not act like we don't know that lol. HF is stacked with underclassmen hoopers, mostly freshman and sophomores

45 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Lol HJ not beating HF and will have a lot of trouble with HH. Their press is their offense and if it gets broken then they have no chance of winning against a well coached team. Nederland beat them because they beat their press and played solid half court defense. They literally beat HJ with two offensive players and no real point guard. HJ is very talented, the players aren't the issue. But the depth that Coach Davis normally is privilege to didn't transfer to HJ from Beaumont and Cheek, they went to HF. Let's not act like we don't know that lol. HF is stacked with underclassmen hoopers, mostly freshman and sophomores

You saying all of fannett talent is moved in from bmt?  

10 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I think if you say that enough you actually begin to believe it yourself. Facts are facts however and the fact is there’s a very talented club in Sour Lake with a very talented coach. They will actually get to have their first full practice on the Monday after Thanksgiving. Barring injury they will be the favorite to win this district.

13 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I guess we will have to see but I think HJ will be the favorites barring injury. I find it funny that HF takes 4th place (due to a last second put back to get them into a play-in game) one time and everyone on here is ready to knight them the Kings of Southeast Texas. I mean at least their 3 wins this seasons have been soooooo impressive *insert eye roll*.

8 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Huffman is better than Hj, also Huffman has the better overall player and coach. Huffman has looked good this year 

Should we just take your word for this and go ahead and seed for the playoffs or play out the schedule? I would mention that this is almost exactly the same HJ club that split the district crown with Silsbee and lost the seeding game in Overtime. The coaching staff has been together for years and the head coach has been successful at every stop. If you’re picking against the Hawks you’re doing so with your heart not your head. They will be better than last year and that will be good enough to win their district.

Just now, whsalum said:

Should we just take your word for this and go ahead and seed for the playoffs or play out the schedule? I would mention that this is almost exactly the same HJ club that split the district crown with Silsbee and lost the seeding game in Overtime. The coaching staff has been together for years and the head coach has been successful at every stop. If you’re picking against the Hawks you’re doing so with your heart not your head. They will be better than last year and that will be good enough to win their district.

I do like the assistant at Hj he’s going to be a good one!!! This is same Huffman team that won over 30 games last year. 

35 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I do like the assistant at Hj he’s going to be a good one!!! This is same Huffman team that won over 30 games last year. 

Not taking anything away from the Huffman club but I don’t think they would have won 30 last year if they would have had been in the same district as HJ, HF and Silsbee 

On 11/26/2020 at 12:59 PM, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Huffman is better than Hj, also Huffman has the better overall player and coach. Huffman has looked good this year 

I wouldn't go as far as saying Huffman is better as far players, but I do think they have a better coach. After seeing HJ play Nederland, I really dont see them beating any team that is well coached and able to break their press. HJ is by no means a half court team.

2 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying Huffman is better as far players, but I do think they have a better coach. After seeing HJ play Nederland, I really dont see them beating any team that is well coached and able to break their press. HJ is by no means a half court team.

Harvey Is better than any player Hj has!!! 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Exactly. @Cardinal 1

I was at the game. Legs had nothing to do with it. They got out coached period. Nederland has two solid players and the rest are just discipline in their roles. HJ by far was the superior team talent wise and got smoked like a pack Cools. Davis made zero adjustments and just stayed in the press that was getting broken. Then ran zero plays on the offensive end for his two best players. Nederland ran plays and ate up clock.

1 minute ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Harvey Is better than any player Hj has!!! 

Harvey is a good player no doubt, but Sears is probably the best on the ball defender in the area. It will be interesting how HJ plays them. If Davis goes man and puts Sears on Harvey, HJ will win. If he sticks to that stupid press, Huffman wins by 10 or more.

41 minutes ago, stevenash said:

There is one player on the HJ Varsity that has not played every year since his freshman year at HJ

That's not what was asked. Are they from Sour Lake? The answer is no, and there is more then just one player. HJ survives off of transfers from Beaumont period, always has. East Chambers has as well. Hampshire-Fannett wasn't an open enrollment school until a few years ago and only had kids from their area. Last year was the first time new kids coming into the district benefited the basketball team with really one kid. The other player lived a few miles down the from the school but was going to BU, both were sophomores. There's literally only one kid on their varsity team that is from Beaumont and he sat on JV last year. The rest are from Hampshire, Fannett, and Cheek. HJ has multple players that still live in Beaumont. Doesn't matter when they got there, they are from Beaumont not Sour Lake and most got there 9th and 10th grade.