Bands you couldn't live without

NetCat

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Alice Cooper......”Love it to Death” had some very great music mixed with Alice’s shock rock. Saw them at Hoffheinz Pavillion in Houston. Took my high school sweetheart. She loved it....very theatrical

Alice Cooper. What a great choice. Kinda fell off around Welcome to my Nightmare album. Before that, everything was gold. They had a lot of talent. 

12 hours ago, NetCat said:

Rock - Temptations, Beach Boys, Four Tops, Beatles (prior to Yellow Submarine), Four Seasons, Everly Brothers

Crossover - John Denver, Roy Orbison, Mac Davis, Patsy Cline

Country - George Straight, Alan Jackson, Willie Nelson, Luke Bryan, Ronnie Milsap, Johnny Horton, Merle Haggard, Reba McEntire

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Rock - Temptations, Beach Boys, Four Tops, Beatles (prior to Yellow Submarine), Four Seasons, Everly Brothers

Country - George Straight, Alan Jackson, Willie Nelson, Luke Bryan, Ronnie Milsap, Johnny Horton, Merle Haggard, Reba McEntire

Beach Boys are one of my favorites. 

55 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Alice Cooper. What a great choice. Kinda fell off around Welcome to my Nightmare album. Before that, everything was gold. They had a lot of talent. 

Lost me after “School’s Out”. To me the music wasn’t as good and Alice took off on his ego trip. The band resented this and it suffered because of it. I still listen to “Love it to Death”. Zaps me back to a place in time. It’s what life is anyway.....an entire collection of memories and I can relive some of them through music. I’m sure lots of others do too.

38 minutes ago, baddog said:

Lost me after “School’s Out”. To me the music wasn’t as good and Alice took off on his ego trip. The band resented this and it suffered because of it. I still listen to “Love it to Death”. Zaps me back to a place in time. It’s what life is anyway.....an entire collection of memories and I can relive some of them through music. I’m sure lots of others do too.

100% agree. I put on a concert or album and it brings me back. 

56 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Those are a couple of greats people seem to forget about. 

Mac, yes. Roy, never. 

If you never have, listen to The Traveling Wilberrys. It's Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, and that guy from Electric Light Orchestra. Really good music made right before Roy died. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

You sir are a interesting individual 

28 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You sir are a interesting individual 

Been around a long time.   Loved rock in my youth, but liked a little country.   Lost rock, for the most part, in the mid 60’s (Yellow Submarine & the drug culture took over).   I could’ve listed more rock.  Liked Sam Cooke, Supremes, Elvis.   Could understand the words.  They sang, not screamed.   Liked a few songs with a catchy beat, like Hot Stuff & Sweet Home Alabama.  Actually, today’s country would’ve been classified rock in my youth.  Rarely listen to music now, unless it’s an oldies station, rock or country.   As with all generations, still remember my fascination that my Parents didn’t like the music I did.  Guess my son and daughter didn’t understand me not liking their music (see Net Cats list, lol).  Here’s one from my day that the words show how far we’ve gone (downhill imo, but I’m an old foggy).

37 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Mac, yes. Roy, never. 

If you never have, listen to The Traveling Wilberrys. It's Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, and that guy from Electric Light Orchestra. Really good music made right before Roy died. 

I was actually working at KWIC 107.9 (108 the Rock!) in Beaumont around the time that one came out. Really good stuff. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Y’all remember the Mac Davis show in the 70’s? At the end of the show, he would take an idea for a song from an audience member and make it up on his guitar right then and there!

Yes back when tv was actually entertaining. I feel sorry for today’s young viewers. Lots of good entertainers back then. Roy Clark could play anything with a string stretched across it. His voice held him back. Lol

Youtube Roy Clark’s version of Malagueña. You won’t believe it, I promise.

17 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Been around a long time.   Loved rock in my youth, but liked a little country.   Lost rock, for the most part, in the mid 60’s (Yellow Submarine & the drug culture took over).   I could’ve listed more rock.  Liked Sam Cooke, Supremes, Elvis.   Could understand the words.  They sang, not screamed.   Liked a few songs with a catchy beat, like Hot Stuff & Sweet Home Alabama.  Actually, today’s country would’ve been classified rock in my youth.  Rarely listen to music now, unless it’s an oldies station, rock or country.   As with all generations, still remember my fascination that my Parents didn’t like the music I did.  Guess my son and daughter didn’t understand me not liking their music (see Net Cats list, lol).  Here’s one from my day that the words show how far we’ve gone (downhill imo, but I’m an old foggy).

😂

Guilty

But my parents were listening to big band stuff, not Rock and Country lol. 

10 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Y’all remember the Mac Davis show in the 70’s? At the end of the show, he would take an idea for a song from an audience member and make it up on his guitar right then and there!

Yes, but only watched a few here and there sadly. 

5 minutes ago, NetCat said:

😂

Guilty

But my parents were listening to big band stuff, not Rock and Country lol. 

Mine didn’t listen to much music, but when they did, it was Country.  I grew up with Eddie Arnold (Cattle Call I remember vividly).

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

Mine didn’t listen to much music, but when they did, it was Country.  I grew up with Eddie Arnold (Cattle Call I remember vividly).

What was the show that (maybe CBS?) had the guy with the goatee and he would lead a bunch of guys in a singalong. They'd put the words on the screen. Half the time it would be chants and stuff...That's what I remember my dad watching and he'd turn to me and say "that rock crap won't last, this is music" 😂

17 minutes ago, NetCat said:

What was the show that (maybe CBS?) had the guy with the goatee and he would lead a bunch of guys in a singalong. They'd put the words on the screen. Half the time it would be chants and stuff...That's what I remember my dad watching and he'd turn to me and say "that rock crap won't last, this is music" 😂

Mitch Miller