Bands you couldn't live without

NetCat

30 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

If anyone is on pandora, there is a feature to share playlists. Hit me up and maybe I'll share.

Also this would be a great place to post new music for others to hear. Just not sure how "forum rules" would apply to explicit lyrics or other references that could be deemed offensive. @WOSgrad???

Good question. 

52 minutes ago, NetCat said:

@Reagan @5GallonBucket @Realville Who is y'all's picks? 

1)  Beatles

2)  Eric Clapton

3)  Led Zeppelin

4)  Three Dog Night

5)  Tommy James And The Shondells

6)  Paul Revere And The Raiders   (Go to Youtube and listen to "The Boys In The Band")

7)  The Grass Roots   ("Temptation Eyes" is one of my favorites)

8   CCR

9)  Bee Gees

10)  Chicago

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

You need to look up Howlin Wolf if you like the Blues at all. He was also a big influence on the Stones and other early Rock and Rollers. Thanks for the info on UGK, I'll definitely have to look them up now that I know they're local. 

I absolutely cant stand Jagger's voice. Same thing with ac/dc

4 hours ago, NetCat said:

That’s tough, especially since my playlist is all over the place.  Merle, Conway, George Jones, Bob Seger, The Eagles, Chris Stapleton, Motley Crue, just to name a few.  I also have some bluegrass thrown in there.  Love hearing good banjo playing!  

11 hours ago, NetCat said:

I think the board needs a new topic.

So, if you could only listen to 10 bands for the rest of your life who would it be? This includes work they have done with others. 

Here's mine

1. The Grateful Dead

2. Led Zeppelin 

3. Eric Clapton

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Pink Floyd

6. Muddy Waters

7. Howlin Wolf

8. The Beatles

9. Carlos Santana

10. Bob Dylan

1.  Eagles

2.  Foreigner

3.  Gap Band

4.  Ernie Haase & Signature Sound

5.  George Strait & The Ace in the Hole Band

6.  Asleep at the Wheel

7.  Bob Wills & The Texas Playboys

8.  Sons of the Pioneers

9.  Beatles

10.  Joey Greer Band (Gotta give my nephew a plug)

2 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

1.  Eagles

2.  Foreigner

3.  Gap Band

6.  Asleep at the Wheel

8.  Sons of the Pioneers

9.  Beatles

Good stuff. You’re definitely an 80’s guy. Lol. 

12 hours ago, NetCat said:

I think the board needs a new topic.

So, if you could only listen to 10 bands for the rest of your life who would it be? This includes work they have done with others. 

Here's mine

1. The Grateful Dead

2. Led Zeppelin 

3. Eric Clapton

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Pink Floyd

6. Muddy Waters

7. Howlin Wolf

8. The Beatles

9. Carlos Santana

10. Bob Dylan

1. Led Zeppelin......none better. Could play everything.

2. ZZ Top......Hendrix said Gibbons was the best guitarist. Have seen ZZ Top multiple times before they went “Nationwide”. Beaumont, Texas made ZZ Top popular and they were from Spring. They would play Knights of Columbus on Friday night and The Townhouse in Groves on Saturday night...i would go to both if I had the money.....$1.25.....lol

3. Aerosmith.....Joe Perry taught himself how to play guitar

4. Van Halen......love the energy

5. Audioslave........ “Like a Stone “ and “ Number One Zero “

6. Santana......”Abraxas” is a must have for any collection.

7. Cream......liked early Clapton....Clapton, Page, and Beck all played with the Yardbirds at one time or another. ( showing my age)

8. Deep Purple....”Machine Head” another must have.....Ritchie Blackmore is unbelievable.

9. AC/DC.....the four chord group, but gosh could he play those four chords. Watch the video for Thunderstruck live in Germany.

10. Alice Cooper......”Love it to Death” had some very great music mixed with Alice’s shock rock. Saw them at Hoffheinz Pavillion in Houston. Took my high school sweetheart. She loved it....very theatrical.

After number 1 & 2, you can mix and match any of the rest as there is no specific order. I still listen to them all. I am bery picky about country music as I don’t think they play country today. If I want country, I will listen to some Merle Haggard or George Strait. The only music station I can stand today is 92.5 fm.

Well, there are more, but you said ten, so there they are.

9 hours ago, Reagan said:

1)  Beatles

2)  Eric Clapton

3)  Led Zeppelin

4)  Three Dog Night

5)  Tommy James And The Shondells

6)  Paul Revere And The Raiders   (Go to Youtube and listen to "The Boys In The Band")

7)  The Grass Roots   ("Temptation Eyes" is one of my favorites)

8   CCR

9)  Bee Gees

10)  Chicago

+1 for Three Dog Night and The Grass Roots. Gonna have to pull some albums out today. 

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Just listened to Riviera Paradise for first time. You guitar guys should check out Joe Bonamassa. He was in the diabetes commercial with BB King when he was a kid.

There's also a young band named Greta Van Fleet, they sound alot like led Zeppelin.

Saw Bonamassa at one of Clapton's Crossroads. I highly recommend him as well if you're a guitar guy. 

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Just listened to Riviera Paradise for first time. You guitar guys should check out Joe Bonamassa. He was in the diabetes commercial with BB King when he was a kid.

There's also a young band named Greta Van Fleet, they sound alot like led Zeppelin.

Another band that sounds like a modern Zeppelin is Wolfmother.

6 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

That’s tough, especially since my playlist is all over the place.  Merle, Conway, George Jones, Bob Seger, The Eagles, Chris Stapleton, Motley Crue, just to name a few.  I also have some bluegrass thrown in there.  Love hearing good banjo playing!  

All good picks. Try the Dead if you never have, it's country, rock, blues, and bluegrass together. Heck Garcia was a banjo player before he picked up the guitar. 

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

1.  Eagles

2.  Foreigner

3.  Gap Band

6.  Asleep at the Wheel

8.  Sons of the Pioneers

9.  Beatles

I don't know who Bob Wills is, but I understand he's still the king lol. 

35 minutes ago, baddog said:

1. Led Zeppelin......none better. Could play everything.

2. ZZ Top......Hendrix said Gibbons was the best guitarist. Have seen ZZ Top multiple times before they went “Nationwide”. Beaumont, Texas made ZZ Top popular and they were from Spring. They would play Knights of Columbus on Friday night and The Townhouse in Groves on Saturday night...i would go to both if I had the money.....$1.25.....lol

3. Aerosmith.....Joe Perry taught himself how to play guitar

4. Van Halen......love the energy

5. Audioslave........ “Like a Stone “ and “ Number One Zero “

6. Santana......”Abraxas” is a must have for any collection.

7. Cream......liked early Clapton....Clapton, Page, and Beck all played with the Yardbirds at one time or another. ( showing my age)

8. Deep Purple....”Machine Head” another must have.....Ritchie Blackmore is unbelievable.

9. AC/DC.....the four chord group, but gosh could he play those four chords. Watch the video for Thunderstruck live in Germany.

10. Alice Cooper......”Love it to Death” had some very great music mixed with Alice’s shock rock. Saw them at Hoffheinz Pavillion in Houston. Took my high school sweetheart. She loved it....very theatrical.

After number 1 & 2, you can mix and match any of the rest as there is no specific order. I still listen to them all. I am bery picky about country music as I don’t think they play country today. If I want country, I will listen to some Merle Haggard or George Strait. The only music station I can stand today is 92.5 fm.

Well, there are more, but you said ten, so there they are.

Love ZZ, saw them for the first time when they were opening for Hendrix. Was an amazing concert! 

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

Love ZZ, saw them for the first time when they were opening for Hendrix. Was an amazing concert! 

Here’s mine:
The Beatles

Hot Tuna

Lightnin’ Hopkins

Freddie King

Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble

Bob Dylan

Johnny Winter

Pink Floyd

Allman Brothers, before and after Duane

Rolling Stones

1 minute ago, UT alum said:

Here’s mine:
The Beatles

Hot Tuna

Lightnin’ Hopkins

Freddie King

Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble

Bob Dylan

Johnny Winter

Pink Floyd

Allman Brothers, before and after Duane

Rolling Stones

That's some great picks, haven't listened to Freddie King in a while. I need to pick up an album of his, what's your favorite?