Bands you couldn't live without

NetCat

I think the board needs a new topic.

So, if you could only listen to 10 bands for the rest of your life who would it be? This includes work they have done with others. 

Here's mine

1. The Grateful Dead

2. Led Zeppelin 

3. Eric Clapton

4. Jimi Hendrix

5. Pink Floyd

6. Muddy Waters

7. Howlin Wolf

8. The Beatles

9. Carlos Santana

10. Bob Dylan

17 minutes ago, NetCat said:

So, if you could only listen to 10 bands for the rest of your life who would it be? This includes work they have done with others. 

Here's mine

1. The Grateful Dead

2. Led Zeppelin 

3. Eric Clapton

4. The Jimi Hendrix Experience 

5. Pink Floyd

6. Muddy Waters

7. Howlin Wolf

8. The Beatles

9. Carlos Santana

10. Bob Dylan

Everyone of those are awesome picks. Led Zeppelin is probably my number one with Pink Floyd number 2. But I love me some good ole southern rock too. Allman Bros, Skynyrd, Blackfoot. And then there’s Van Halen. I love old Van Halen. Plus you gotta have early RUSH in there (listen to the Necromancer). But man I’d have a hard time with a top 10. Last night by the campfire, I listened to everything from Merle Haggard, Zeppelin, Dr. John, Black Sabbath,  the Temptations to 2LiveCrew to DaBaby. I really like all genres. Classic Rock is possibly my mainstay, but it really depends on what I’m in the mood for. 

30 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Everyone of those are awesome picks. Led Zeppelin is probably my number one with Pink Floyd number 2. But I love me some good ole southern rock too. Allman Bros, Skynyrd, Blackfoot. And then there’s Van Halen. I love old Van Halen. Plus you gotta have early RUSH in there (listen to the Necromancer). But man I’d have a hard time with a top 10. Last night by the campfire, I listened to everything from Merle Haggard, Zeppelin, Dr. John, Black Sabbath,  the Temptations to 2LiveCrew to DaBaby. I really like all genres. Classic Rock is possibly my mainstay, but it really depends on what I’m in the mood for. 

Lot of good ones there, love the early Allman Brothers (before Duane died). I don't hate on any music in particular, but I'm a guitar guy. 

33 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I'd argue that RUSH is good all the time. 

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

So, if you could only listen to 10 bands for the rest of your life who would it be?

Now were talking. Great idea. I can agree with half of your list. My ex ruined most of the beatles for me, but Ringo changed drumming forever and that has to be worth something. I can't narrow all the music I listen to down to 10 bands. So I'll focus on a few different genres...

Rap... UGK, Scarface, Eminem, 2pac, Bone Thugs. And I'm also a screw head

Classic rock... Led Zeppelin, Clapton, ZZ Top, Hendrix, Blind Faith (only one album but it is deep, check it out if you haven't heard it)

Modern rock... 311, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Pearl Jam

Country... Willie Nelson, Randy Travis, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band 

Yea I know it's kinda all over the place. I've been listening to Phil Collins tonight at work. Just depends on the mood and the atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Now were talking. Great idea. I can agree with half of your list. My ex ruined most of the beatles for me, but Ringo changed drumming forever and that has to be worth something. I can't narrow all the music I listen to down to 10 bands. So I'll focus on a few different genres...

Classic rock... Led Zeppelin, Clapton, ZZ Top, Hendrix, Blind Faith (only one album but it is deep, check it out if you haven't heard it)

Modern rock... 311, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Pearl Jam

Yea I know it's kinda all over the place. I've been listening to Phil Collins tonight at work. Just depends on the mood and the atmosphere. 

Some great choices in there! Love ZZ Top, just listened to the Tres Hombres album yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Who do you not like on mine besides the Beatles? Not a big Rap guy but I've listened to all of those but UGK. What era of Rap is UGK from and where? 

1 minute ago, NetCat said:

Who do you not like on mine besides the Beatles? Not a big Rap guy but I've listened to all of those but UGK. What era of Rap is UGK from and where? 

Dont get me wrong, I like the beatles, just cant listen to them anymore.

The Grateful Dead isn't for me, and I dont recall Howlin Wolf.

UGK is actually from Port Arthur. Most of there music was mid 90s til like 2010 when Pimp C passed. But his brother Bun B still holds it down.

31 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

UGK is actually from Port Arthur. Most of there music was mid 90s til like 2010 when Pimp C passed. But his brother Bun B still holds it down.

You need to look up Howlin Wolf if you like the Blues at all. He was also a big influence on the Stones and other early Rock and Rollers. Thanks for the info on UGK, I'll definitely have to look them up now that I know they're local. 

24 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Completely understand about not being able to listen after a girl. 

27 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

If you like Zeppelin then you might like early Dead. Before PigPen died they were more bluesy. Try St. Steven on the Live album from 69. 

24 minutes ago, no-look said:

Love Knopfler’s music. I used to have his Martin Guitar Signature Edition. Wish I never sold it. 

I've got a solo album of his floating around somewhere that I put on occasionally. Who would be the 10 you couldn't live without?