Bands you couldn't live without

NetCat

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

Like I said, he was a big guy. He played on stage with a bath towel around his neck due to profuse sweating. I know it’s hot under stage lighting, but this was a terrible sight to me. Thinking back now, it might have still been Redman’s when I saw him and became the Black Cat club later on. Man, that was a long time ago and my memory fails me sometimes.

Remember Mama’s Worry?

On 11/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, NetCat said:

I like both Lightnin and Freddie, just haven't picked either up in a while. That's why I wanted to know your favorite. I'm bought to remedy this situation. The record is in route. 

Jorma Kaukonen, lead guitar for Jefferson Airplane and cofounder of Hot Tuna with Airplane bassist Jack Casady, has been live-streaming almost every Saturday at 7:00 on YouTube from his place in Ohio. Mostly him on acoustic playing for about an hour and a half. Jack came out and did a few acoustic shows with him. A couple weeks back they got together in Ohio and got their drummer in and recorded an electric show that’s airing tomorrow night. If you want to see a couple of old dudes who can still lay down some power trio blues, tune in and check it out. Search “Fur Peace Ranch” on YouTube. Should be listed as Quarantine Concert #28. Geezers rock!!!

24 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Jorma Kaukonen, lead guitar for Jefferson Airplane and cofounder of Hot Tuna with Airplane bassist Jack Casady, has been live-streaming almost every Saturday at 7:00 on YouTube from his place in Ohio. Mostly him on acoustic playing for about an hour and a half. Jack came out and did a few acoustic shows with him. A couple weeks back they got together in Ohio and got their drummer in and recorded an electric show that’s airing tomorrow night. If you want to see a couple of old dudes who can still lay down some power trio blues, tune in and check it out. Search “Fur Peace Ranch” on YouTube. Should be listed as Quarantine Concert #28. Geezers rock!!!

Doing this! Thank you! 

18 minutes ago, baddog said:

I knew Dylan wrote lots of songs and other people recorded them so I Googled songs written by Bob Dylan. I was amazed as will you. You will do more searches, I promise. 

This is the hidden content, please

Yes I will. As for dylan, my fav is Hurricane. How times have changed. Wonder if anyone knows what he said?

It was on the dazed and confused soundtrack. As were so many other classics...

40 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yes I will. As for dylan, my fav is Hurricane. How times have changed. Wonder if anyone knows what he said?

It was on the dazed and confused soundtrack. As were so many other classics...

I think my favorite Dylan song, written and recorded by Dylan is “Lay Lady Lay”. 

On 11/27/2020 at 6:16 PM, baddog said:

I knew Dylan wrote lots of songs and other people recorded them so I Googled songs written by Bob Dylan. I was amazed as will you. You will do more searches, I promise. 

Willie Nelson was another.   He wrote some great songs for others before he stepped out.

A few:

Hello Walls - Faron Young

Pretty Paper - Roy Orbison

Funny How time slips away - Billy Walker

Crazy - Patsy Cline

Turn Out The Lights - originally sung by Nelson, but made famous by Don Meredith 😂😂🤣😂😂

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

Willie Nelson was another.   He wrote some great songs for others before he stepped out.

A few:

Crazy - Patsy Cline

Turn Out The Lights - originally sung by Nelson, but made famous by Don Meredith 😂😂🤣😂😂

I did know about Crazy and Turn out the Lights by Don Meredith lol, but not the rest. Willie was a great songwriter.

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

A few:

Crazy - Patsy Cline

Sold most of ‘em cheap, I’ve heard. Just trying to make a buck in Nashville.