Carthage 49 Silsbee 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, JDOG91 said:

All that talk about playing a week longer than Jasper.

Then from the looks of the scoreboard they didnt even show up.šŸ˜•

I don't know who you think you are, but we don't have any room to talk sh*t about anybody right now. We don't act like clowns on this forum. Understand?

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But you said you canā€™t wait until graduation. We knew the senior that you were talking about. Ā Wasnā€™t a personal attack, huh? Ā Lifetime Silsbee fan, huh? Ā Exactly like Iā€™ve said on my post on this thread from page 1... Ā 

Again, if that statement is seen as attacking a kid then I'll just have to stop trying to rationalize this argument. Not denying the statement but it wasn't a personal attack it was a statement without vitriol.Ā Ā 

I know there will always be disagreements, even emotionally charged ones and it's my hope that it can be overcome.

I've been on this forum for almost 15 years and have prob posted something here and there that may have been out of line but I'll stand by my character.

Yes.Ā  Lifetime fan.Ā  Realistic and truthful in my disappointments as well my congratulations when given.

Heres to common ground and next year.

5 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Again, if that statement is seen as attacking a kid then I'll just have to stop trying to rationalize this argument. Not denying the statement but it wasn't a personal attack it was a statement without vitriol.Ā Ā 

I know there will always be disagreements, even emotionally charged ones and it's my hope that it can be overcome.

I've been on this forum for almost 15 years and have prob posted something here and there that may have been out of line but I'll stand by my character.

Yes.Ā  Lifetime fan.Ā  Realistic and truthful in my disappointments as well my congratulations when given.

Heres to common ground and next year.

I respect your opinion, and I hope we have common ground next year, but I hold firm on my lack of understanding on lifetime Silsbee fan on this forum (basketball and football) and on social media. Ā Iā€™m glad that since this group of kids have wrapped up their football careers at Silsbee, I personally donā€™t have any kids that I have close ties too, vested interest ect with....

48 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I respect your opinion, and I hope we have common ground next year, but I hold firm on my lack of understanding on lifetime Silsbee fan on this forum (basketball and football) and on social media. Ā Iā€™m glad that since this group of kids have wrapped up their football careers at Silsbee, I personally donā€™t have any kids that I have close ties too, vested interest ect with....

Same from me and I'm sure there will be opportunities to test that hope.

Same to everyone else on the forum.

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

To the idiot Silsbee people on social media saying stupid stuff like ā€˜I told you, Bro. Ā Smith canā€™t coachā€™ . Ā You realize Carthage has been #1 in the state all season. Ā This type of lopsided loss was inevitable. Ā But so much negativity is spewed from that town even during successful years, again, I can never wrap my head around the mentality.Ā 
Ā 

Congrats on an excellent season, Tigers. Ā 
Ā 

To that buzzsaw Carthage. Ā Go win state!!! Ā Iā€™ll be following this team.

Iā€™m thinking that Silsbee was so close to the State Championship game last year but didnā€™t get there that people from SilsbeeĀ expectations were very high I was there for the Cuero game when it seemed like Silsbee kind of went away from what got them there drayton Taylor was running all over the gobblers on the stretch play but Silsbee kept running up the middle and it frustrated fans in the Wimberly game it seemed like Silsbee went away from what got them there again and it makes it seem like it coaching itā€™s just seems like Silsbee can never win the big game they usually get there but mostly the results are always the same the Basketball state titles were awesome I have said for years that Silsbee is a Basketball School (my opinion ) but they want football to be just as good teams like Carthage and other teams like WO-S are Football Schools mainly so these areas put a lot of focus and Resources into these programs Silsbee does a great job but they are just not where some of these powerhouse teams are and the fans at Silsbee are either up when they are winning or DOWN and OUT when the lost most fans not all.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was also in attendance at. Ohh the a hero and Wimberley games. Ā And I know Silsbee had chances to win at the end of each of those games but didnā€™t . Nontheless, still no reason for Silsbee people to act like that...

You are absolutely right calling out kids on the team is not acceptable win or lose I stay till the game is over and support my tigers but our tiger fans have understand we are definitely not going to win every game and thereā€™s no need to point the finger they win as a team and community and lose as a team and community but they are our tigers win or lose we should loved them all the same and encouraged them as they begin life after football.

I didn't expect to be shut out ether, when weĀ got in the red zone we came away empty and didn't stop them enough on defense. Carthage RB (2) could shift gears as smooth as aĀ Ā Lamborghini, several times we had him for a loss and couldn't touch him. Their QB (12) was accurate and precise in the pocket or under pressure which he had to get away from many times. No one player impressed me on Carthage defense, but the defense impressed me a lot. Reminded me of the WOS defense in 2016 but with more size up front. Silsbee had our chances to score, got inside the red zone then a penalty pushed us back and we couldn't recover after another penalty. Got to the five yard line (1st and Goal) only to have an ill advised pass into a crowd in the end zone and a great toe touch INT on the side line to kill that drive. We knew that Carthage was a steep mountain to climb. Each time we would get traction we would lose our grip.Ā Ā I'm proud of our team, because of injuries was had to play a lot of underclassmen many freshman and soph. and we are the better for it. It was good to see the Seniors return a add a boost to our team. We only lost to three top teams in 4AD2, two #2s and a #1. Wish we would have been full strength in the first two games.Ā But in the end you want to play top teams and to become a top team. Take the Thanksgiving holiday week off, offseason starts Nov. 30.Ā Ā