China Spring 35 West Orange-Stark 22/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Isn't dancing on the grave of a team that your team had nothing to do with burying so fun!?

Even leaving out Carthage, I just wonder how those that are accusing WO-S faithful of using the "excuse card" would have reacted had the shoe been on the other foot tonight and it would have been China Spring with the 6 starters, including the offensive line......the......entire.......offensive line and the Mustangs came out victorious.  Actually, I don't have to wonder that much as those same folks would have flooded the board with comments such as "well, you beat a team that had 6 starters out which is the only way you could have beat them."

Those folk's hypocrisy aside, whether you think the starters being out did or did not matter in the outcome of this game really doesn't matter.  The scoreboard is the final arbiter of who is the better team on a particular night, it always has been.  And it is draconian arbiter with no compassion as to who a team does or does have playing.  It only measures the performance of those on the field at the time of the game.  And the West Orange-Stark Mustang team on the field was the best that WO-S had to offer tonight. 

That might not have been the case back in September. 

Heck, it might not have been the case last week. 

But it was tonight.  China Spring beat the best that WO-S had to offer and for that they get my congratulations and my best wishes for the rest of the season. I think that the impact China Spring had on Region III was overshadowed by Carthage's moving into the Region.  They may not have to stay in that shadow much longer.

I am always proud West Orange-Stark alum but there are times you really beam.  Of course, the biggest of those times came in the years 1986, 1987, 2015 and 2016.  I must say, that have been very few, if any, times that my Mustang pride has been real high in a loss.

That changed tonight.

No, for one of the few times in the last decade, the Mustangs won't have football practice for Thanksgiving.  But tonight, they showed that they had learned some life lessons well and may have very have taught some tonight.  At the very least, they affirmed some.  1.  Always show up 2. Never quit.  Yes, even though my alma mater won't even sniff the regional finals this year, I can affirm that I am a proud graduate of West Orange-Stark High School.  I am proud of Coach Thompson and the coaching staff and I am proud of the kids that suited up tonight.  The easy way out would have been a call to Coach Bell and say "we are just missing too many players" and forfeit the game. The fact is, we are just not raised that way in the communities of Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst.

Now, let's be sure, there are some that will crucifying Coach Thompson for even the entertaining the thought of playing tonight.  I am sure that resident Beaumont Enterprise coronabros Jorge Ramos and Matt Faye, who, although they will deny it citing themselves as "sports reporters", rooted tirelessly against playing football at any level, have already sent out umpteen tweets calling his decision wreckless and will soon publish a 1000 word column on how WO-S' fate in the playoffs is indisputable proof that not one down of high school football should have been played.

I think tonight showed just the opposite.

Todd Broussard

West Orange-Stark Class of 1986

Great post Todd!  Im sure there are a lot of us WO-S alums out there that feel exactly as you do. Including myself. Proud of the team and the coaching staff!

Ernest Beadle

West Orange-Stark Class of 1984

6 hours ago, AshlyKBMT said:

Even with the missing players, special teams is what put WOS in a big hole. Blocked punt taken in for a score, 7-0.Fumbled punt at own 8 gave China Spring a short field, 14-0. Cougars then grind a drive out for 21-0. After a trick play makes it 21-7. China Spring’s 2,000 yard rusher breaks it for a huge TD run, 28-7. Then Cougars recover pooch kick that set up a 52-yard TD pass, 35-7. 

Mustangs fumbled another punt but was able to recover it.

China Spring was a top 10 ten team for part of this season. They took advantage of every mistake. A full strength WOS would’ve still been in trouble with those special teams mistakes.

Well it is what it is. But it was even harder to get things in order. And lack of concentration cost them.and the coaches trying to juggle who can play and who can't play was too much.well its over now.my nephew is one them that wasn't able to play last week bcz of covid.he and another player.too much to overcome with players that young.no excuses. Head should've been in the game.

9 hours ago, HikeMoncho said:

I can absolutely, with a straight face and in all seriousness say that this year’s team could easily could be just fine missing 7 starters. This is not the best team Carthage has had from a pure talent standpoint, but it is by far the most depth I’ve ever seen on a Carthage team. 

Gibberish!

5 minutes ago, Who That said:

Carthage just better be glad they don't haft to face Argyle.! Argyle will smash Carthage.!

You don't understand.  Argyle has 3 players who were offered scholarships to Carthage.  Dont get me wrong Argyle is good but we're talking Carthage here, the only team in the state that may, and I said maybe, has a better defense than PAM.

10 hours ago, dj said:

They are deep.and they work with there depth. I've seen Carthage 3x and they work with them kids.ik teams around here doesn't have the numbers but I seen Silsbee put them young kids in there. And thats why I'm scratch my head do w.o have any backup lineman.

I’m scratch my head too...you bash coaches every time something goes wrong.Just face it this team wasn’t as good as we thought,not there fault they faced 0 adversity until last night.So tell us do w.o have any backup lineman...Let me help you the answer is NO...sidelines are getting thinner every year!

58 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

I’m scratch my head too...you bash coaches every time something goes wrong.Just face it this team wasn’t as good as we thought,not there fault they faced 0 adversity until last night.So tell us do w.o have any backup lineman...Let me help you the answer is NO...sidelines are getting thinner every year!

He just don't get it.0 back ups = 0 back ups.Besides that our special teams gave CS 14 points to start with and that is on us for sure.Pop had the worst night passing I ever seen and that's on us.They played much better the second half but to much to overcome against CS,

Good job to the Mustang for showing up with that many starters out, playing hard, and making adjustments. It sucks, but that’s but that’s how it goes in football and in life. 

And Dj just have a really sorry lineman that lives at his house. So sorry that he couldn’t even get in the game with the whole line out. At least that’s what it sounds like. 

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Carthage just better be glad they don't haft to face Argyle.! Argyle will smash Carthage.!

Come’on guys. I know Carthage fans are tough to deal with, and we have kinda came over here with the mighty Carthage attitude but you gotta be kidding me. Argyle ain’t got nothing for Carthage. I understand wanting to find something to get under Carthage posters skin, but this? Carthage is a terrible matchup for Argyle. You can look at the PG / Silsbee / Argyle connection this season. I mean if Argyle would smash Carthage, what would they do to the rest of 4a? 

Anyway much respect for SETX fans and supporters. And we all have the highest amount of respect for WO-S and other great programs in this area. All of us wanted nothing more than a matchup with the Mustangs. Just weird situations and a crazy season with the COVID and everything else that made 2020 such a crazy year. Look forward to next season to start it all over with the back and forth. Carthage will be in 4a DII R3 for a long time. We will have plenty of good discussions in the future. 

12 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Isn't dancing on the grave of a team that your team had nothing to do with burying so fun!?

Even leaving out Carthage, I just wonder how those that are accusing WO-S faithful of using the "excuse card" would have reacted had the shoe been on the other foot tonight and it would have been China Spring with the 6 starters, including the offensive line......the......entire.......offensive line and the Mustangs came out victorious.  Actually, I don't have to wonder that much as those same folks would have flooded the board with comments such as "well, you beat a team that had 6 starters out which is the only way you could have beat them."

Those folk's hypocrisy aside, whether you think the starters being out did or did not matter in the outcome of this game really doesn't matter.  The scoreboard is the final arbiter of who is the better team on a particular night, it always has been.  And it is draconian arbiter with no compassion as to who a team does or does have playing.  It only measures the performance of those on the field at the time of the game.  And the West Orange-Stark Mustang team on the field was the best that WO-S had to offer tonight. 

That might not have been the case back in September. 

Heck, it might not have been the case last week. 

But it was tonight.  China Spring beat the best that WO-S had to offer and for that they get my congratulations and my best wishes for the rest of the season. I think that the impact China Spring had on Region III was overshadowed by Carthage's moving into the Region.  They may not have to stay in that shadow much longer.

I am always proud West Orange-Stark alum but there are times you really beam.  Of course, the biggest of those times came in the years 1986, 1987, 2015 and 2016.  I must say, that have been very few, if any, times that my Mustang pride has been real high in a loss.

That changed tonight.

No, for one of the few times in the last decade, the Mustangs won't have football practice for Thanksgiving.  But tonight, they showed that they had learned some life lessons well and may have very have taught some tonight.  At the very least, they affirmed some.  1.  Always show up 2. Never quit.  Yes, even though my alma mater won't even sniff the regional finals this year, I can affirm that I am a proud graduate of West Orange-Stark High School.  I am proud of Coach Thompson and the coaching staff and I am proud of the kids that suited up tonight.  The easy way out would have been a call to Coach Bell and say "we are just missing too many players" and forfeit the game. The fact is, we are just not raised that way in the communities of Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst.

Now, let's be sure, there are some that will crucifying Coach Thompson for even the entertaining the thought of playing tonight.  I am sure that resident Beaumont Enterprise coronabros Jorge Ramos and Matt Faye, who, although they will deny it citing themselves as "sports reporters", rooted tirelessly against playing football at any level, have already sent out umpteen tweets calling his decision wreckless and will soon publish a 1000 word column on how WO-S' fate in the playoffs is indisputable proof that not one down of high school football should have been played.

I think tonight showed just the opposite.

Todd Broussard

West Orange-Stark Class of 1986

Thank You more than you know.

So the biggest thing about this game in my opinion is the fact that kids who have worked their tails off to play all year were sidelined due to the China Virus or whatever reason. The other bad part is the rest of the team going into a game they had a chance to win but were hobbled due to missing starters. Whether or not WOS is or  isn’t the team we thought they were is irrelevant. I just hate it for those boys, those seniors, who would do anything to play one more down. WOS has my greatest respect for playing instead of bowing out. I’m glad those deserving young men got to play at least one more game, one more down no matter the outcome. 

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

So the biggest thing about this game in my opinion is the fact that kids who have worked their tails off to play all year were sidelined due to the China Virus or whatever reason. The other bad part is the rest of the team going into a game they had a chance to win but were hobbled due to missing starters. Whether or not WOS is or  isn’t the team we thought they were is irrelevant. I just hate it for those boys, those seniors, who would do anything to play one more down. WOS has my greatest respect for playing instead of bowing out. I’m glad those deserving young men got to play at least one more game, one more down no matter the outcome. 

Why do people keep calling it this?  You realize that’s racist as heck, right? Why not just call it by it’s real name, the Coronavirus?  

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Why do people keep calling it this?  You realize that’s racist as heck, right? Why not just call it by it’s real name, the Coronavirus?  

Agent Orange calls it that so his minions do the same. I find it funny of them, i remember one kept calling it that on FB, he died too. 🤷🏾‍♂️

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Why the heck is it racist? I ate Chinese food last night off my mother in laws China in China off Hwy 90. How in hell is calling the virus that originated in China the China Virus racist? That borders on stupidity, and you’re a really smart guy. Btw, you ever heard of the German measles that originated in Germany? The West Nile Virus that originated from the west Nile in Uganda? A parasite called a Guinea worm that comes from, you guessed it, Guinea in Africa? Ebola that came from a river called the Ebola river? Lyme’s disease which left my sister in a wheelchair for years from Lyme Connecticut? Explain your sensitivity and how the freak it’s racist to say China or Wuhan virus/flu? Go ahead, I’m listening. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Agent Orange calls it that so his minions do the same. I find it funny of them, i remember one kept calling it that on FB, he died too. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Agent Orange. Now that’s real sensitive. It’s what gave my Dad cancer (non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) while fighting for his country with the Marine Corps in Viet Nam which ended up taking his life. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Agent Orange. Now that’s real sensitive. It’s what gave my Dad cancer (non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) while fighting for his country with the Marine Corps in Viet Nam which ended up taking his life. 

That sucks. Glad 2.0 is gone in January, lives saved hopefully. 

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Why the heck is it racist? I ate Chinese food last night of my mother in laws China in China off Hwy 90. How in hell is calling the virus that originated in China the China Virus racist? That borders on stupidity, and you’re a really smart guy. Btw, you ever heard of the German measles that originated in Germany? The West Nile Virus that originated from the west Nile in Uganda? A parasite called a Guinea worm that comes from, you guessed it, Guinea in Africa? Ebola that came from a river called the Ebola river? Lyme’s disease which left my sister in a wheelchair for years from Lyme Connecticut? Explain your sensitivity and how the freak it’s racist to say China or Wuhan virus/flu?

It’s called the Coronavirus that causes Covid-19.  No one calls it China virus except some idiot or someone from loser.com ( look it up.  Google idiot or go to loser.com.  I’m just the messenger).  It’s disrespectful to Chinese people everywhere.  I have classmates and several friends that are Chinese. Based on your logic, we should call lice Caucasian Lice since it infects majority whites people?  You see how crazy that sounds?  I’m sorry to take this thread that direction.  It just irks my soul when I see this kind of craziness.  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It’s called the Coronavirus that causes Covid-19.  No one calls it China virus except some idiot or someone from loser.com ( look it up.  Google idiot or go to loser.com.  I’m just the messenger).  It’s disrespectful to Chinese people everywhere.  I have classmates and several friends that are Chinese. Based on your logic, we should call lice Caucasian Lice since it infects majority whites people?  You see how crazy that sounds?  I’m sorry to take this thread that direction.  It just irks my soul when I see this kind of craziness.  

Then you are retarded. Oh, I mean special. Anyone that gets their panties in a knot over that should seek sensitivity counseling. 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Then you are retarded. Oh, I mean special. Anyone that gets their panties in a knot over that should seek sensitivity counseling. 

Same thing goes for whoever got their panties in a knot over my Agent Orange reference. 

6 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You know I never called you a name but now you just called me special and a retard, right?  We can have a difference of opinion and respect it.  That was my original plan prior to you calling me that...