Nederland 41 Barbers Hill 35/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

BH 2 Nederland 3 PNG 4 point spread

I'm pretty sure that if all three finish at 5-2, Barbers Hill will go as 2nd seed, Port Neches-Groves will be 3rd seed, and Nederland will be 4th seed.

Barbers Hill will win on points differential to claim 2nd spot. Then it goes head-to-head between the two remaining...in which case PNG will claim the third spot, Nederland the 4th spot.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Nederland 41 Barbers Hill 35/FINAL (0T)
6 hours ago, Englebert said:

I'm pretty sure that if all three finish at 5-2, Barbers Hill will go as 2nd seed, Port Neches-Groves will be 3rd seed, and Nederland will be 4th seed.

Barbers Hill will win on points differential to claim 2nd spot. Then it goes head-to-head between the two remaining...in which case PNG will claim the third spot, Nederland the 4th spot.

That’s not the way it works...it goes to point differential between the 3 teams...png is toast in this scenario due to the huge loss to BH

Yeah the key to this game was that Ned never stopped fighting and got some huge plays when needed. BH just couldn’t make the stops to seal the game. The Eagle defense played well, but they broke to many times. The killer was being up by 8 with minutes left and Ned converting a 4th and forever for a 70 yard TD!  With that stop game over , but we gave the QB time for a long crossing route to develop and Bam OT. Anyway it was a great game to watch especially if your a bulldog fan! Good luck to the bulldogs this set up a finally at Crosby in 2 weeks.

Can’t say I’m surprised by this one even though I figured BH would win by double digits. I still think BH is the second best team in the district but like Parcells used to say, “You are what your record says you are.” BH was at home with everything on the line from home field advantage in bi-district to a possible share of the DC if Crosby lost to Ned and they produce another stale one? Looks like Crosby and Ned control their own destinies and BH becomes Crosby’s biggest fan. 

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Can’t say I’m surprised by this one even though I figured BH would win by double digits. I still think BH is the second best team in the district but like Parcells used to say, “You are what your record says you are.” BH was at home with everything on the line from home field advantage in bi-district to a possible share of the DC if Crosby lost to Ned and they produce another stale one? Looks like Crosby and Ned control their own destinies and BH becomes Crosby’s biggest fan. 

Ok we will route for you 1 game, but that’s it 😁

5 hours ago, Razor said:

That’s not the way it works...it goes to point differential between the 3 teams...png is toast in this scenario due to the huge loss to BH

That was the way it worked for most districts for years. Point differential determines the first spot, then head-to-head the next spot. Maybe they changed the system this year.

8 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

It is head to head first, but with all 3 at 1-1, it would go to points, in which case its BH 2, Ned 3, PNG 4

The way it has been for years is point differential first. Once that team is taken out of the equation, it goes head-to-head, in which case BH 2, PNG 3, Ned 4. I haven't been keeping up with high school football as much the last couple of years, so maybe something has changed.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Nederland 41 Barbers Hill 35/FINAL (OT)
6 hours ago, spidersal said:

A 3 way tie uses point differential BH and Nederland are plus on points and PNG is negative on points I don’t know what the district’s maximum number of points allowed. If it is 17 BH is a plus 11, Nederland a plus 5 and PNG a minus 16. Just don’t know what the maximum points are

So PNG is playing cupcakes for the next two weeks. I don't have the math in front of me, but theoretically if PNG runs up the score two weeks in a row, they might be able to affect their seeding? I'd like to see what numbers they would need. 

After watching Westerberg blow that game against Nederland anything can happen.He definitely didn't earn his Money in the fourth quarter ahead by 8 and Nederland on their own 16 yard line 4th and 22 and get beat on a long Hail Mary Pass.It looked like he was in single coverage.You just can't get beat in that situation.

2 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

After watching Westerberg blow that game against Nederland anything can happen.He definitely didn't earn his Money in the fourth quarter ahead by 8 and Nederland on their own 16 yard line 4th and 22 and get beat on a long Hail Mary Pass.It looked like he was in single coverage.You just can't get beat in that situation.

Agreed. The DC should be embarrassed and it was on westerberg’s watch. 

Just now, spidersal said:

So the DC and Westerberg were playing the corner or safety position. I thought they would be too old for eligibility. How about putting the blame on the secondary that messed up. That is HS football

This.

You can coach a player up all during practice and still get blamed for a player's mistake.