Crosby 54 Port Neches-Groves 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Crosby 54 Port Neches-Groves 7/FINAL
12 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I blame coaching. I'm a massive Faircloth fan, but this is a complete breakdown of fundamental football. PNG has got to start playing the best players both ways, and get back to a tough style of aggressive, disciplined football. There is no reason we can't be excellent at offense and at least competent on defense. 

Well to be honest, you only scored 7 points on the 1st team defense so I’m not sure that woulda helped tonight!

Just now, CougarCal said:

Well to be honest, you only scored 7 points on the 1st team defense so I’m not sure that woulda helped tonight!

Well, overall there needs to be improvement. And even with only 7 points on our end, we could at least hold the other team to 7 points. That would make a big difference. Remember last year when ya'll won by like 5 because of a decent defense? 

4 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Well, overall there needs to be improvement. And even with only 7 points on our end, we could at least hold the other team to 7 points. That would make a big difference. Remember last year when ya'll won by like 5 because of a decent defense? 

Did you have players going both ways last year?

1 minute ago, CougarCal said:

Did you have players going both ways last year?

Are you scrutinizing the concept of players going both ways? Crosby had players going both ways tonight. I'm not saying teams should absolutely always have two-way players, but only that the team should play the person in the position that most makes them able to win. And PNG doesn't appear interested in that concept at all. 

7 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Are you scrutinizing the concept of players going both ways? Crosby had players going both ways tonight. I'm not saying teams should absolutely always have two-way players, but only that the team should play the person in the position that most makes them able to win. And PNG doesn't appear interested in that concept at all. 

If you noticed the one kid Crosby had going both ways was cramping and came up a little gimpy several times.

11 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

If you noticed the one kid Crosby had going both ways was cramping and came up a little gimpy several times.

Yeah, it's not always ideal. But even without playing kids both ways, there are so many ways PNG could improve its tackling. It's not an effort problem. The PNG players literally do not know how to tackle. They seem to be planting their feet and hoping to just hold on, which is why there are so many broken tackles - You don't tackle with your fingers, you tackle with a your body and with legs that don't stop driving. The PNG defense is playing flat-footed. 

15 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Another thought is I've observed teams who just insert a two-way player in certain situations - Like the way Crosby did tonight, or Nederland (which, if I'm not mistaken, uses Fuselier both ways sometimes). Just to plug in a little extra skill in key moments.