Hardin Jefferson 94 Silsbee 62/FINAL

MikelSR

• WOSgrad changed the title to Silsbee at Hardin Jefferson/Post updates here!
1 hour ago, Hooohead.com said:

From what I was told Silsbee has 8 still in Football and 1 with Varsity experience playing tonight and that's Harper...Freshman Harris is also playing and older brother Harris has gave up basketball...

I’m sorry.  That Silsbee lite or whatever teams wanna call it is just so watered down and pretty lame.  You win, you win.  You get ran off the court, then so be it.  Lots of schools basketball programs thrive without waiting for football players...

47 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’m sorry.  That Silsbee lite or whatever teams wanna call it is just so watered down and pretty lame.  You win, you win.  You get ran off the court, then so be it.  Lots of schools basketball programs thrive without waiting for football players...

I don’t disagree, but as an HJ homer I don’t put much weight in thumping what basically amounts to Silsbee’s jv.  It’s a little different at higher levels where you have more basketball only players and a bigger pool to choose from while waiting for the football players 

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t disagree, but as an HJ homer I don’t put much weight in thumping what basically amounts to Silsbee’s jv.  It’s a little different at higher levels where you have more basketball only players and a bigger pool to choose from while waiting for the football players 

I think a couple of those recent state championship teams from Silsbee didn’t rely on the football players.  Silsbee is a small 4a and the few football players there were role players...

Barnes was the main role player that would come over from football. Him and Calvin Tyler that one year.

Times change. Nearly everyone also wants to play football here lately. If we were only talking about one or two kids, it wouldn't be a big deal. Literally three fourths of the team is currently missing.

It's not like any of this will matter in a few days anyways. Plenty of help will be on the way after Friday.

41 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think a couple of those recent state championship teams from Silsbee didn’t rely on the football players.  Silsbee is a small 4a and the few football players there were role players...

They relied on those Football players also....Jones was a football player that came late as well as Barnes and those two were game changers for them those 2 years...

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hardin Jefferson 94 Silsbee 62/FINAL