East Chambers Area Opponent

TXBBQDude

Watched the Yoakum vs McGregor game and Yoakum will be by far the best team East Chambers has faced all season long.  They have speed and size and played in a tough district.  This should be a great game this week EC3 will have to have a solid outing and the Sophomore QB is going to have to add some this week as well.  Every week gets tougher in the Playoffs.  

27 minutes ago, jdns said:

I don't know, from the limited video that I found. Yoakum looks to have the size and a good looking RB. I really think this will be a pretty good test.  

I think EC has the more explosive offence in this one but this should be a test.  EC has been strong against the run all year but they may get tested Friday.  

I think EC should win, but I'm not expecting a blowout.

Bit of trivia: Yoakum head coach and Woodville head coach are brothers. Yoakum coach hasn't won it all yet (that I recall) but has had 2 different teams in the state championship game (Bangs 2002 and 2003, and Yoakum 2017---I think those years are correct)

3 hours ago, OldBuc77 said:

Bit of trivia: Yoakum head coach and Woodville head coach are brothers. Yoakum coach hasn't won it all yet (that I recall) but has had 2 different teams in the state championship game (Bangs 2002 and 2003, and Yoakum 2017---I think those years are correct)

I wasn’t aware of this. Looks like good coaching runs in their family 

1 hour ago, ECBucs2012 said:

Yoakum will score, but EC's speed and athleticism will win out. Definitely going to be a good test to see just how good they are. 

Funny thing is I think EC has a easier matchup next round if/when they get past Yoakum.  The Bucs are more than just EC3...Brayden Guillory maybe the fastest kid on the team and can score anytime he touches the ball as well.  Jacoby Perrault also has the ability to take it to the house on a scramble.  

Yes! Yes! Yes! TXBBQDude! and look out for Green in the corner of the endzone! 

The defense has progressively gotten better and better throughout the season.  I still got my Bucs by at least 2 TD's.  I feel like Yoakum will have to score virtually every possession to keep up with EC, therefore EC gets the win.  Yoakum has given up 30+ points in their 2 losses.  This will likely be the best offense they have seen all year, so they will have to get some turnovers, or match them score for score. 

BTW BBQ I'm jdsetxsports 

1 hour ago, jdns said:

Yes! Yes! Yes! TXBBQDude! and look out for Green in the corner of the endzone! 

The defense has progressively gotten better and better throughout the season.  I still got my Bucs by at least 2 TD's.  I feel like Yoakum will have to score virtually every possession to keep up with EC, therefore EC gets the win.  Yoakum has given up 30+ points in their 2 losses.  This will likely be the best offense they have seen all year, so they will have to get some turnovers, or match them score for score. 

BTW BBQ I'm jdsetxsports 

I have watched this team for the last two years and have watched a ton of deep playoff runs from Texas programs in my life.  The speed that EC has is not 3A Speed EC3 Reminds me of watching Trey Williams in Dekaney HS (Spring) back in 2010.  Sometimes there is just a player that is better than anyone on the filed and it is not often that player is 5 Foot 7.  Some small college is going to get a heck of a CB and not give EC3 a chance at RB.  

And you are a great follow on Twitter time to Fly the Jolly Roger all the way to Waller this Friday.    

1 hour ago, TXBBQDude said:

I have watched this team for the last two years and have watched a ton of deep playoff runs from Texas programs in my life.  The speed that EC has is not 3A Speed EC3 Reminds me of watching Trey Williams in Dekaney HS (Spring) back in 2010.  Sometimes there is just a player that is better than anyone on the filed and it is not often that player is 5 Foot 7.  Some small college is going to get a heck of a CB and not give EC3 a chance at RB.  

And you are a great follow on Twitter time to Fly the Jolly Roger all the way to Waller this Friday.    

He is very special.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, OldBuc77 said:

Yoakum went to state in 2016.... They lost to state champs rockdale in the semi-finals in 2017

21 hours ago, TXBBQDude said:

Thanks, my friend,  My twitter feed has been a bit slow lately.  Without going into it all, my neighbor shot and killed our incredible family dog in retaliation for getting after some of their loose chickens.... been working with the Sheriff's Dept. and our whole fam has been in a funk over this. Thanks for following, and I've been given the honor of broadcasting the Boy's Basketball team also. Can't wait to see these boys play on the court!

Just watched some film on Yokum vs Columbus and Hallettsville. They lost both games but they have two running backs (4 and 7) that can run the ball. The offensive line blocks very well and has their heads under defense line push them back. The QB ran the ball very little and had good arm. Receiver's made some good catches. Overall I think this will be the best team EC has faced this year for sure. I Think EC's linebackers better have a good game # 4 had good size and fast, # 7 didn't have size but was faster and pick his holes very well. Will definitely be a good test for EC.