BHFAN

BH Vs. Nederland

Recommended Posts

You likely know better than me about the numbers...a very unofficial source told me that the BH 8th grade class was the biggest they ever had and that would count in next realignment, thus my thoughts...I could easily be wrong about that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1

Just an over average team.  5 or 6 great players.  I think Ned playing lesser teams in the past weeks has them rested and healed.  BH better be ready.  Ned loves to ruin a home field advantage.  Big plays by Ned will make the difference.  Monty will have to play the right cards to beat an always well discipline team.  Coaching mistakes were made against png.   There pencils will be sharp.  This game is to close to call.  Go Dogs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nederland got beat by an over rated Lufkin team and only managed 21 against a PNG defense that is giving up close to 35 a game. I am thinking a repeat of last year where BH put a tail stomping on them. I love the Bulldogs but just don’t think they are very good this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, dme1111 said:

I've followed Nederland football all my adult life. I went to school there.   I've seen Nederland at their best and worst.    This team is a better than average team.  Nederlands two losses came by one and three points respectively.  I by no means think we will get beyond 2-3 rounds in the playoffs. 

I believe that Nederland, PNG, Crosby, and Barbers Hill are all comparable in  terms of talent, coaching, etc.  I think any of these four have the capability to win district.  

I’m sure I haven’t seen as much Nederland football as you but I would think those teams from ‘11-‘14 were their “above average” teams? Talent doesn’t always dictate victory margins or even wins for that matter but this is definitely the widest talent gap I’ve seen between Crosby and the mid-county schools. If your current team is what you’re calling above average now, I suspect you’re just waiting to drop down to 4A. 
 

I’ve said it on here for a while but I think you’re starting to see stagnant enrollments like PNG and Ned have a harder go of it than growing schools like Crosby and BH, that’s all thing being relatively equal of course. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

And the BH defensive line doesn't get enough credit. They will get penetration against Nederland. 

The Defense as a whole don't get enough credit! To hold Crosby to 34 Pts. with 6 turnovers and both starting corners out was good defense effort. The score could have been way worse.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, #JIGEAGLE said:

The Defense as a whole don't get enough credit! To hold Crosby to 34 Pts. with 6 turnovers and both starting corners out was good defense effort. The score could have been way worse.  

If Crosby receivers would’ve just caught the open passes they dropped against BH they would’ve scored at least 14 more points. It was a good win but still somewhat disappointing to see that many plays and points left on the field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m sure I haven’t seen as much Nederland football as you but I would think those teams from ‘11-‘14 were their “above average” teams? Talent doesn’t always dictate victory margins or even wins for that matter but this is definitely the widest talent gap I’ve seen between Crosby and the mid-county schools. If your current team is what you’re calling above average now, I suspect you’re just waiting to drop down to 4A. 
 

I’ve said it on here for a while but I think you’re starting to see stagnant enrollments like PNG and Ned have a harder go of it than growing schools like Crosby and BH, that’s all thing being relatively equal of course. 

We aren't stagnating as much you guys are exploding.  Houston is engulfing the East side of the county.  What you are saying is true.  Nederland is land locked with not much growth expected in the future.  I really think you guys will go up a division before Nederland goes down.  

 

Having said that, I sure hope we kick the crap out of BH and Crosby!!! :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

We aren't stagnating as much you guys are exploding.  Houston is engulfing the East side of the county.  What you are saying is true.  Nederland is land locked with not much growth expected in the future.  I really think you guys will go up a division before Nederland goes down.  

 

Having said that, I sure hope we kick the crap out of BH and Crosby!!! :)

 

We already got the crap kicked out of us, save it for Crosby😂. It’s been awhile since Manvel did it they probably forgot the feeling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If Crosby receivers would’ve just caught the open passes they dropped against BH they would’ve scored at least 14 more points. It was a good win but still somewhat disappointing to see that many plays and points left on the field. 

Yes and could say the same about dropped passes on our side also. Yall should have put your BD's on the other side they didn't drop any ball that was thrown right to them.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m sure I haven’t seen as much Nederland football as you but I would think those teams from ‘11-‘14 were their “above average” teams? Talent doesn’t always dictate victory margins or even wins for that matter but this is definitely the widest talent gap I’ve seen between Crosby and the mid-county schools. If your current team is what you’re calling above average now, I suspect you’re just waiting to drop down to 4A. 
 

I’ve said it on here for a while but I think you’re starting to see stagnant enrollments like PNG and Ned have a harder go of it than growing schools like Crosby and BH, that’s all thing being relatively equal of course. 

Oh that super talented team that took double OT to beat the “lesser” Nederland team last year?  Lol.  Wait your turn🥱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Oh that super talented team that took double OT to beat the “lesser” Nederland team last year?  Lol.  Wait your turn🥱

Lol, last year was the least regular season wins Crosby has had in a season since 2010 and you still didn’t win. That’s after going to double OT because our coach didn’t kneel the ball in regulation and end the game. Unless the qb tears his ACL or you have another Deshawn Washington y’all lose to Crosby every time. 
 

Don’t worry though, we’re waiting outside the room while BH takes their turn this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2020 at 7:48 PM, BHFAN said:

I don’t think we move up next realignment, but the one after will be close. Crosby is the largest enrollment at this point, so they may go next. Anywho this will be a good game to see ,but I see Ned falling behind early and BH playing sound football to take the win. The reason I think this is that Ned has been feeding on the bottom dwellers for three weeks and will have to adjust quickly to the higher level of competition.  Ned will adjust , but it will be to late. 
 

BH 42 Ned 21

 

Nederland is a one trick pony, cannot teach old dogs new tricks, dogs get run in this one. BH won't give up 21. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2020 at 1:35 PM, bulldawg64 said:

I will go with the dogs,I seen a new player on defense break out last week he is going to make a difference plays with a lot of fire and was aggressive as what we need!

#44?  he was a nice surprise!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dogbite said:

I hear 44 and 48 are both pretty good on the defensive side for Barbers Hill.  Both top players?

Both work their tails off each game. # 48 King Bradley will introduce himself to the QB early and often during Friday’s game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dme1111 said:

#44?  he was a nice surprise!!

I was originally asking about BH 44, our 44 was here early in the year and then out for 3 games. He played well last week!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Both work their tails off each game. # 48 King Bradley will introduce himself to the QB early and often during Friday’s game. 

What positions do each play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dogbite said:

What positions do each play?

Yes they are both on the defensive line. 23 Hamby is also a good one , did play DB , but they looked to have moved him to LB. Gigout LB is another one on defense that improves weekly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yes they are both on the defensive line. 23 Hamby is also a good one , did play DB , but they looked to have moved him to LB. Gigout LB is another one on defense that improves weekly. 

LB Gigout is well coached by his dad who is a X-College player. He will be a " Monster" next season !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After watching both teams play almost all their games!! (Side note TexanLive is a great thing to have) Both teams have their athletes in place to be competitive teams. I have a feeling this is going to come down to coaching. Both Defensive Coordinators will have their work cut out for them!! This game on paper says it will be competitive and person with the ball last will win. I hate to say this but my gut says 34-28 Dogs in 2 OT or 34-24 Dogs..... just my guess but if Barbers Hill doesn’t move up in realignment I’ll be shocked. 74 kids on JV tonight. They were rotating Defensive and Offensive linemen like a College Team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Member Statistics

    42,898
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Ls19214
    Newest Member
    Ls19214
    Joined

×
  • Create New...