BH Vs. Nederland

BHFAN

9 hours ago, D.C.BULLDOGS said:

After watching both teams play almost all their games!! (Side note TexanLive is a great thing to have) Both teams have their athletes in place to be competitive teams. I have a feeling this is going to come down to coaching. Both Defensive Coordinators will have their work cut out for them!! This game on paper says it will be competitive and person with the ball last will win. I hate to say this but my gut says 34-28 Dogs in 2 OT or 34-24 Dogs..... just my guess but if Barbers Hill doesn’t move up in realignment I’ll be shocked. 74 kids on JV tonight. They were rotating Defensive and Offensive linemen like a College Team. 

Anything can happen, but I’m not expecting a close game. BH won last year in Nederland 40-14 and I’m not seeing a huge drop from last years team , nor a huge increase from Ned. I expect the result to be similar, but turnovers can change anything. I think for this to be tight Ned has to play perfect and BH would have to turn it over and have a bad night. BH knows the importance of this win tonight, so I expect them to come out on fire.

44 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Yeah, I don't know what the Ned coaches are getting paid for, having just one play in their book.  Not sure why they come to the line and look to the sideline for anything, that's really tricky of them.

If they need any help I’ll shoot you my number. If you think I can coach from the keyboard you wouldn’t believe what I can do from the stands! Also note I may have to wait until after the play is over then come up with something and they’ll have to run it again.

14 hours ago, BHFAN said:

No. He coaches him from expierance if playing the position in college 

Gigout’s  Dad is not a coach. I’m just a dad that like watching his son play. Thank you for saying what you said Jayhawk. But I can’t take credit for his successes. He works hard and plays had and I hopefully thought him how to be coachable and the rest came from the great coaching he has got though the great coaching staff of BHISD. 

23 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Anything can happen, but I’m not expecting a close game. BH won last year in Nederland 40-14 and I’m not seeing a huge drop from last years team , nor a huge increase from Ned. I expect the result to be similar, but turnovers can change anything. I think for this to be tight Ned has to play perfect and BH would have to turn it over and have a bad night. BH knows the importance of this win tonight, so I expect them to come out on fire.

Umm I was wrong 😑 so wrong that Ned made all of the turnovers and still won. Congrats on the win! BH rebound and come back strong tough one to lose at home.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:19 PM, D.C.BULLDOGS said:

After watching both teams play almost all their games!! (Side note TexanLive is a great thing to have) Both teams have their athletes in place to be competitive teams. I have a feeling this is going to come down to coaching. Both Defensive Coordinators will have their work cut out for them!! This game on paper says it will be competitive and person with the ball last will win. I hate to say this but my gut says 34-28 Dogs in 2 OT or 34-24 Dogs..... just my guess but if Barbers Hill doesn’t move up in realignment I’ll be shocked. 74 kids on JV tonight. They were rotating Defensive and Offensive linemen like a College Team. 

This^^^^^ 

47 minutes ago, jake94 said:

It was a great game. I still can’t believe we threw 4 INT and still win on the road against a very strong opponent! The QB only had ONE INT all SEASON before last night. Great win for the Bulldogs and a very exciting finish!

I agree it was a huge win for Nederland, but I just don’t think BH is a “strong opponent” like everyone thinks. I think most teams in our district are just that bad. I’m hoping there is a three-way tie for second. 😁

On 11/21/2020 at 9:33 AM, CCRed said:

I agree it was a huge win for Nederland, but I just don’t think BH is a “strong opponent” like everyone thinks. I think most teams in our district are just that bad. I’m hoping there is a three-way tie for second. 😁

You are right that BH is not a strong opponent. Crosby isn’t a strong opponent either.  Truly less than average on the grand scale.   When you get on the field with a Huntsville, Fort Bend Marshall, etc. you will see the difference.   I know you guys already saw a good team in Manvel.  That one didn’t work out well either.   Our area just is what it is.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m sure I haven’t seen as much Nederland football as you but I would think those teams from ‘11-‘14 were their “above average” teams? Talent doesn’t always dictate victory margins or even wins for that matter but this is definitely the widest talent gap I’ve seen between Crosby and the mid-county schools. If your current team is what you’re calling above average now, I suspect you’re just waiting to drop down to 4A. 

I’ve said it on here for a while but I think you’re starting to see stagnant enrollments like PNG and Ned have a harder go of it than growing schools like Crosby and BH, that’s all thing being relatively equal of course. 

Gap must not be too wide