BH Vs. Nederland

BHFAN

Since this may be our last competitive game in district let’s get this started 😁. This is a big district game just like the PNG/Crosby game going on down the road. These games should get the seedings almost set for the playoffs. BH wins and we get a least 2nd and home field 1st round. Ned wins and there hope for a 2 seed is still alive with some help from Crosby. Anyway this game is in BH and I think they are hitting their stride as long as the Eagle don’t repeat that 6 turnover turd they laid in Crosby they come out with a win. I don’t think BH will win like they did against PNG, but will pull away in the second half with a convincing win.

This one isn't going to be close. Nederlands one trick pony offense is about to get blasted. BH had their wake up call early against Crosby and seems to have cleaned up that O-line a bit. Unless yall got a D1 nose tackle that will eat BH's center alive all game like Crosby's did then this ones a sure thing no doubt 100% Eagle win. 

Eagles 42 - 14 Nederland and that's a cold hard lock. 

22 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

This one isn't going to be close. Nederlands one trick pony offense is about to get blasted. BH had their wake up call early against Crosby and seems to have cleaned up that O-line a bit. Unless yall got a D1 nose tackle that will eat BH's center alive all game like Crosby's did then this ones a sure thing no doubt 100% Eagle win. 

Tell me about this one trick pony... when I see them play, they have two or three stallions.

Nederland is at least a 3 trick pony 😀. Joking but from the film I have seen they have 3 on offense to be concerned with being the QB, RB and WR/TE not sure which he is but big strong receiver. I also think that Ned is a better overall team than PNG, but came up short in their contest. BH has to come in and take care of business because Nederland will keep them honest! 

I think that NED is a solid team. We will see if they can come out and make some stops early. If they can do that it will be close but if they cant it will be a walk away. BH defense has payed well this year even against Crosby. So if we can continue that and the O can keep it moving like we have since Crosby then I say BH by minimum of 14.     

3 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

This is an incredibly arrogant statement.  Barbers Hill is no juggernaut.  For that matter Crosby is not juggernaut either.  Nederland is a solid team. Equally solid to every other team in this district.  This will be a great game.  It will be a hard fought win no matter who comes out on top.  Good luck to both teams!!!

45 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

This is an incredibly arrogant statement.  Barbers Hill is no juggernaut.  For that matter Crosby is not juggernaut either.  Nederland is a solid team. Equally solid to every other team in this district.  This will be a great game.  It will be a hard fought win no matter who comes out on top.  Good luck to both teams!!!

I've only watched 4 games this year and the district is far from being solid. There's Crosby, BH and then everyone else. Crosby took advantage of 6 turnovers and that's why the score was lopsided when they played. I think Crosby was 10-14 points better this year without the turnovers. The rest of the district is atrocious this year. That's facts, just not a good year for our district football wise. Crosby and BH are district juggernauts, but not regional juggernauts by any means. I don't think people are being arrogant, just being honest.

37 minutes ago, alwaysright said:

I've only watched 4 games this year and the district is far from being solid. There's Crosby, BH and then everyone else. Crosby took advantage of 6 turnovers and that's why the score was lopsided when they played. I think Crosby was 10-14 points better this year without the turnovers. The rest of the district is atrocious this year. That's facts, just not a good year for our district football wise. Crosby and BH are district juggernauts, but not regional juggernauts by any means. I don't think people are being arrogant, just being honest.

I've followed Nederland football all my adult life. I went to school there.   I've seen Nederland at their best and worst.    This team is a better than average team.  Nederlands two losses came by one and three points respectively.  I by no means think we will get beyond 2-3 rounds in the playoffs. 

I believe that Nederland, PNG, Crosby, and Barbers Hill are all comparable in  terms of talent, coaching, etc.  I think any of these four have the capability to win district.  

1 hour ago, dme1111 said:

I've followed Nederland football all my adult life. I went to school there.   I've seen Nederland at their best and worst.    This team is a better than average team.  Nederlands two losses came by one and three points respectively.  I by no means think we will get beyond 2-3 rounds in the playoffs. 

I believe that Nederland, PNG, Crosby, and Barbers Hill are all comparable in  terms of talent, coaching, etc.  I think any of these four have the capability to win district.  

I hear ya, but I don’t think Ned has been tested yet and the two loses they took were to average teams IMO. BH has lost to three teams 2 close games to bigger schools that could have went either way and those teams currently share 1 loss between them for the season. The other loss was to Crosby which was lopsided due to 6 turnovers. Since the PNG loss Ned has played the bottom three teams in district, so this will be a much different game. Do I think Ned can win? Yes and that’s why we play the game, however I don’t think they can win without BH turning the ball over or just blowing coverage on defense. 

31 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I hear ya, but I don’t think Ned has been tested yet and the two loses they took were to average teams IMO. BH has lost to three teams 2 close games to bigger schools that could have went either way and those teams currently share 1 loss between them for the season. The other loss was to Crosby which was lopsided due to 6 turnovers. Since the PNG loss Ned has played the bottom three teams in district, so this will be a much different game. Do I think Ned can win? Yes and that’s why we play the game, however I don’t think they can win without BH turning the ball over or just blowing coverage on defense. 

of course you think that!!!  You are BH fan...   Seriously though... BH is good.  I have no doubt.  I looked over their schedule.  Should be a good one.  We will see.  I'm excited about this one.  I always look forward to playing BH and Crosby.  They always have quality teams. 

For starters, BH had better get used to playing bigger schools...rumor has it that their enrollment will cause a move up next realignment.

To me, BH is the clear favorite here...Nederland has a solid team, but I, too, watch Nederland every year, and I would not consider this team to be an "above average" Nederland team...I am a big Dog fan, but the most recent 3 wins were against the bottom feeders from the district, who frankly, just weren't very good...that said, Nederland did what they should do to these teams and beat them all handily...BH will not fall into that category.

For what it's worth, I think Nederland, full healthy, is a bit better than png...I know png beat Nederland this year, but our QB got injured in that game and missed about half of it and wasn't full strength when he returned...injuries like that cannot happen against BH or it will be a long night for the Dogs...BH manhandled png, so it would stand to reason that Nederland needs to play a clean, mistake free game to compete with BH, that said, I think they can pull it off:

Dogs 38

BH 35

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

To that point, turnovers and early momentum will play a huge part for BH. Against PNG, BH didn't have to open up its playbook very much since it started the game up by 21 points. So BH could play simple, ball-control offense and then PNG couldn't get a stop, and BH didn't need to try anything fancy that might have allowed for mistakes. Under different circumstances, BH may have needed to be more risky, which (theoretically) would have opened up the door for mistakes (which BH has been prone to make) and turnovers. If Nederland can hang with BH long enough to force BH to take some risks, that uncertainty could work in its favor (as it did for Crosby). However, I don't think Nederland will be able to stop the BH run game. The BH offensive line is enormous and the QB is a tough runner, almost like a runningback. BH is going to win, I'm just rooting for Nederland to make it scary for them. 

3 hours ago, Razor said:

For starters, BH had better get used to playing bigger schools...rumor has it that their enrollment will cause a move up next realignment.

To me, BH is the clear favorite here...Nederland has a solid team, but I, too, watch Nederland every year, and I would not consider this team to be an "above average" Nederland team...I am a big Dog fan, but the most recent 3 wins were against the bottom feeders from the district, who frankly, just weren't very good...that said, Nederland did what they should do to these teams and beat them all handily...BH will not fall into that category.

For what it's worth, I think Nederland, full healthy, is a bit better than png...I know png beat Nederland this year, but our QB got injured in that game and missed about half of it and wasn't full strength when he returned...injuries like that cannot happen against BH or it will be a long night for the Dogs...BH manhandled png, so it would stand to reason that Nederland needs to play a clean, mistake free game to compete with BH, that said, I think they can pull it off:

Dogs 38

BH 35

I don’t think we move up next realignment, but the one after will be close. Crosby is the largest enrollment at this point, so they may go next. Anywho this will be a good game to see ,but I see Ned falling behind early and BH playing sound football to take the win. The reason I think this is that Ned has been feeding on the bottom dwellers for three weeks and will have to adjust quickly to the higher level of competition.  Ned will adjust , but it will be to late. 

BH 42 Ned 21