PNG v. Crosby 2020

Rez Ipsa

I know the Crosby fans will disagree, but I don’t think you will see the offensive output from the Coogs as you did from BH. The Crosby offense wasn’t what got BH,  it was their Defense setting up the Offense all night. Crosby has some ball hawks ,so your throws have to be sharp and hold on to the ball or it will be stripped! With that said Crosby will move the ball on PNG and on the other side limit the PNG offense. I got the Coogs by 21.

18 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I know the Crosby fans will disagree, but I don’t think you will see the offensive output from the Coogs as you did from BH. The Crosby offense wasn’t what got BH,  it was their Defense setting up the Offense all night. Crosby has some ball hawks ,so your throws have to be sharp and hold on to the ball or it will be stripped! With that said Crosby will move the ball on PNG and on the other side limit the PNG offense. I got the Coogs by 21.

Yea, the offense also seems to have days where it's 4-5 yards a carry/catch nothing really gets behind the defense. But with how good that defense has been lately you can see them just giving the offense a ton of opportunities to score. If Crosby and PNG are both driving the ball and trading points that would favor PNG, I don't see that happening, I see many turnovers caused in the game. 

Winner gets a likely 1st round matchup with an HISD school. 

Also BH defense is worlds better than PNG's. 

31 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Yea, the offense also seems to have days where it's 4-5 yards a carry/catch nothing really gets behind the defense. But with how good that defense has been lately you can see them just giving the offense a ton of opportunities to score. If Crosby and PNG are both driving the ball and trading points that would favor PNG, I don't see that happening, I see many turnovers caused in the game. 

Winner gets a likely 1st round matchup with an HISD school. 

Also BH defense is worlds better than PNG's. 

Agreed. Crosby’s offense isn’t bad by no means it just isn’t the explosive offense that the Coogs are known for. Defense has arrived for Crosby and that is going to make you a tough out in the playoffs for anyone!  

Crosby will win out and grab the DC! 

PNG has not stopped the run all year.  If that changes this game, it will be appreciated, but highly doubtful.  That said, PNG can go no huddle , spread the field short option run & passing attack all night, if Bost is sharp.  Crosby can strike fast & quick, or if need be, chew up the clock.  Avoiding turnovers is a must for either team to win.  If PNG & Crosby both move the ball the game can stay close.  

I believe Crosby will take the game by 20 if no surprises.  Turnovers can turnover that score quickly.  

Just praying for a clean injury free game going through the rest of district.

PNG has given up right at 45ppg over their last couple and Crosby is giving up 7.5ppg since the start of district play. PNG allowed BH’s qb to rush and throw for over 200 yards so unless he gets hurt I’m not really seeing how they have an answer for Branch who’s probably going to be the district’s offensive player of the year? 

I don’t think Crosby will have an issue scoring 50 on PNG if need be but I’m hoping the defense continues to play well enough that Crosby doesn’t have to go past the qb draw/50-50 ball portion of the playbook. 

On 11/15/2020 at 12:25 PM, FrodoNDN said:

Probably right, what does the playoff road look like of lose to Crosby but win out? Any thoughts?

That means PNG would finish in 3rd and draw Willowridge, who’s more than capable of putting 50 on the Indians, in the first round. We had to put 70 on them to hold them off last year and I think our defense was better than PNG’s is this year. I want to say the their qb threw for almost 500 yards on us. 

On 11/16/2020 at 7:42 AM, Cougtalk said:

Crosby 42-14 over PNG, cold hard lock. 

I think if you’re a Crosby fan this is the type spread you want to see against this version of PNG. Anything closer than three tds and you probably start to feel less confident about the looming 2nd round matchup with what will most likely be an 11-0 Texas High. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think if you’re a Crosby fan this is the type spread you want to see against this version of PNG. Anything closer than three tds and you probably start to feel less confident about the looming 2nd round matchup with what will most likely be an 11-0 Texas High. 

Lucky for you Texas High will be on our side of the bracket assuming Crosby is 1 seed and BH is 2. Crosby may get whitehouse or one of the Montgomery teams in round 2

19 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Lucky for you Texas High will be on our side of the bracket assuming Crosby is 1 seed and BH is 2. Crosby may get whitehouse or one of the Montgomery teams in round 2

Bad news is Fort Bend Marshal in round 3 for ya. Not sure who they have played, but the have only allowed 6 points all season!

9 hours ago, aki1994 said:

PN-G 70 Crosby 10

Lets get a urinalysis going on this one. Lol. Looking forward to this match up. I don't think we've seen the best of Crosby's offense. Defense firing on all cylinders. Don't see why they wouldn't keep that  up against PNG. Crosby by 21. I'll be watching from work