Silsbee vs #1 Carthage

BADSANTA

2 hours ago, Who That said:

I heard that the Dawgs star running back was not playing this game do to injury. 

No he is good to go. The backup hurt he his hand, but he is now ready to go. 
The Dawgs only have one player out and he will be back in two weeks provided we are still in it. 

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

I just want to say thanks to the Dawg fans for coming to this forum and engaging with civility.  Some like myself would say it even has a touch of humility coming from such a dominating program.

Heres to a competitive game that gives everyone the feeling of competitiveness.

Good luck Tigers!!

You have a great thing going over here. The people on here talk football. 
I am a Dawg homer and get carried away sometimes, but I like the way y’all talk about your teams. Not a lot of smoke blowing but facts. 

10 minutes ago, HikeMoncho said:

You are thinking of Burris.  I was at both PG vs. Silsbee and PG vs. Carthage.  Jackson played in both games.  He caught a TD pass in the Silsbee game.  

You are right and go to Kgas radio website and pull up the game. 
I would not do it if you are from Silsbee though. The Dawg O line dominated PG all night long. Just like they have on every team so far. 

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

I just want to say thanks to the Dawg fans for coming to this forum and engaging with civility.  Some like myself would say it even has a touch of humility coming from such a dominating program.

Heres to a competitive game that gives everyone the feeling of competitiveness.

Good luck Tigers!!

And same back to you, on Smoaky.  

I've read this forum for awhile, but your post and sportsmanship actually inspired me to join the site and discussion!

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will  one ready to fight till the end. Go Tigers!!!

My Dad used to say.:

"Play Every Play, Like It's The Last Play, You'll Ever Play,

'Cause, What The Heck, you Had Too Make The Trip Anyway!!!😄

Hoping for a great competitive game.🏈

3 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Doesn’t really have anything to do with this game, but #40 Jackson for PG played against Carthage. Wasn’t much of a factor, but he played both ways.

Truth.  I've been disappointed every time I've watched #40 (which is 7 games over the last few years), he never quite lives up to the legend built around him.  Maybe he will prosper at LSU and onward. Who knows.  

7 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

With all the young players on both sides of the ball Tigers have , especially on Defense ( 2 fresh d-backs, soph DE, soph LB, 1st year football player at corner, and sev JR s)    Suratt will be out coached for this game to even be close to being close. lol

I didn’t realize this. If there are 2 freshman in the secondary that’s going to be trouble for Silsbee.

IMO to have any chance at disrupting Carthage’s offense you have to get pressure on the QB. And get pressure without putting your secondary in a bad position. That’s easier said then done, but if you get pressure on the QB he might make a mistake or 2. If he has time to sit back and pick you apart it’s going to be a very long night for any teams in 4a.

1 minute ago, HikeMoncho said:

Truth.  I've been disappointed every time I've watched #40 (which is 7 games over the last few years), he never quite lives up to the legend built around him.  Maybe he will prosper at LSU and onward. Who knows.  

They didn’t line up against each other every play, but when they did #75 wore him slap out. 

21 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

With all the young players on both sides of the ball Tigers have , especially on Defense ( 2 fresh d-backs, soph DE, soph LB, 1st year football player at corner, and sev JR s)    Suratt will be out coached for this game to even be close to being close. lol

They don’t have freshman at Db. A sophomore and a senior

13 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

I didn’t realize this. If there are 2 freshman in the secondary that’s going to be trouble for Silsbee.

IMO to have any chance at disrupting Carthage’s offense you have to get pressure on the QB. And get pressure without putting your secondary in a bad position. That’s easier said then done, but if you get pressure on the QB he might make a mistake or 2. If he has time to sit back and pick you apart it’s going to be a very long night for any teams in 4a.

There isn’t freshman in the secondary. 

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No. You looking for locker room wall material?

I’ve never been inside a Scott Surratt locker room, but from interviews and tidbits over the years I can tell you that “locker room wall” and/or “bulletin board material” is not needed for this program. They are always motivated just to go win the next state championship. Every class that comes through there wants to win one just like the classes before them and they work for it everyday.  If you play in the Carthage program and don’t win a championship, you are nearly in the minority since Carthage wins it more often than not. No one wants to be one of the teams that didn’t. 

Oh and Aggies, did you ever get sorted out about the PG players injuries? We tried to help you, not sure if you saw the posts in response or not. You spoke like someone who was there, but obviously weren’t, since you somehow missed big #40 catching a TD from the TE position against Silsbee. He played the entire game. Same against Carthage. Well, same in that he played the entire game. He was not super effective on either side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, HikeMoncho said:

Oh and Aggies, did you ever get sorted out about the PG players injuries? We tried to help you, not sure if you saw the posts in response or not. You spoke like someone who was there, but obviously weren’t, since you somehow missed big #40 catching a TD from the TE position against Silsbee. He played the entire game. Same against Carthage. Well, same in that he played the entire game. He was not super effective on either side of the ball. 

I had the names mixed up.

4 minutes ago, Who That said:

55 minute drive for Carthage 1hr 55 minutes for Silsbee to SFA University. 🤔

That's because Coach Smith refused to play at ancient Abe Martin in Lufkin. Said he would never play there again if he had the choice.

Word is that he almost had Carthage talked into playing in Silsbee.