Silsbee vs #1 Carthage

BADSANTA

On 11/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, Tigers94 said:

We haven't played well against good teams this year. Maybe a few quarters here and there were good (first half against Pleasant Groove), but overall it was too much bad.

I do think we've improved from a few months ago, but it won't make a significant difference.

I look into my crystal ball for this game and all it shows me are a bunch of these 🏀🏀🏀

I think Silsbee would have beaten Jasper if that game hadn't been called for weather. Momentum was shifting to Silsbee. 

Carthage typically doesn't have a weakness.  They can run it or throw it depending on what the defense is doing.  And the coach always says they hang their hat on the defense.  That's what it takes to win titles.  And when they run up on a school with a once in a decade team, they have had the advantage of the better coaching.  Their half time adjustments are crazy good.  Titles are never easy.  

6 minutes ago, house said:

Carthage typically doesn't have a weakness.  They can run it or throw it depending on what the defense is doing.  And the coach always says they hang their hat on the defense.  That's what it takes to win titles.  And when they run up on a school with a once in a decade team, they have had the advantage of the better coaching.  Their half time adjustments are crazy good.  Titles are never easy.  

Agree with everything you said here. If the game is close at the half, you can almost guarantee a Carthage win. Unbelievable the adjustments at the half, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Luckily Carthage is one of those teams that still puts a lot of emphasis on defense and have great players and coaches on that side of the ball. Coach Preston does an excellent job and is one of the most underrated coaches in the state. Lucky to have him. 

I don't have a dog in the fight (see what I did there?) but I will say that I came away from the Vidor/Lindale playoff game in Carthage hugely impressed with their facilities. 7 State Championships on the marquee all this side of 2008 was pretty impressive too. Definitely had the look and feel of a big time program. Good luck, Tigers!

On 11/16/2020 at 1:35 PM, dj said:

Even with there oline changes. This year they can't beat w.o. this is one of the years w.o is loaded.and headed head on with Carthage.and don't forget w.o didn't have there top 2 offensive guys after the 1st qtr and still put up 36 points. But Silsbee is playing better.and if they can't slow #2,28,42 down from running the ball it might be a long nite. And they absolutely have to make #12 uncomfortable and not let him just stand there and throw it. He is not the typical running qb once u make him move.

If #12 stays in the pocket #73 Bell, and 63 Duke will have a field day .. Silsbee front and LB are pretty good .. and defensive back were a little shaky early but that has all been lined out .. The big key to this game is depth of Silsbee 

6 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

If #12 stays in the pocket #73 Bell, and 63 Duke will have a field day .. Silsbee front and LB are pretty good .. and defensive back were a little shaky early but that has all been lined out .. The big key to this game is depth of Silsbee 

The Dawg O line is the best in 4A and they stopped 4 D1 linemen of Pleasant Grove with no problem. 
I have a feeling they will do just fine against 63 and 73. 

I just want to say thanks to the Dawg fans for coming to this forum and engaging with civility.  Some like myself would say it even has a touch of humility coming from such a dominating program.

Heres to a competitive game that gives everyone the feeling of competitiveness.

Good luck Tigers!!