Silsbee vs #1 Carthage

BADSANTA

The offense will need to score and score often in this one and the only way to do that is not be one dimensional.  I think Silsbee will need to pass 40% of the time and Foster can’t be off on ANY of his throws.  

I think defensively, Silsbee can cause Carthage a few problems, but there’s no stoping the Carthage O completely.  

What I said was what needs to happen for Silsbee to think about pulling off the upset.  What I think and what will happen is different.

Carthage - 48

Silsbee - 20

We haven't played well against good teams this year. Maybe a few quarters here and there were good (first half against Pleasant Groove), but overall it was too much bad.

I do think we've improved from a few months ago, but it won't make a significant difference.

I look into my crystal ball for this game and all it shows me are a bunch of these 🏀🏀🏀

Good news is Carthage does not have an offense near as potent as 2017 when these two last met. Bad news is the defense is better. I don’t see Silsbee getting off much. Carthage offense is potent and can mix it up with whatever the D is giving them. I say Carthage 49-14 or something like that. I think Silsbee will have a tough time scoring. 

Not many 5A teams would want to line up against Carthage.   On the bright side, you got to the second round & nothing to lose.   As the old song said, Let It All Hangout.   Definitely put a few trick plays in.   Don’t be afraid to blitz often and create turnovers.   Everyone expects you to lose, so play your hearts out and enjoy being there.   If you do win, it’ll be Texas Football History.