WOS vs China Spring

aTmfan06

32 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

Better than which two WOS backs ? They use 4 or 5.  
CS Back is good, but nobody hit him in Jasper game, arm tackles. He will get lit up this week as well as the QB (reminds of Giddings QB a  while back) He is a gamer. But he too will get lit up , we will see how he takes it.  WOS offense only ran 3 - 4 plays in second half last week. The defense scored all the 2nd half points, they are for real. 
I expect this to be a good test for WOS. 

CS, QB is similar to the young man. I believe our defense is much better than the 2015 defense.

This is the hidden content, please

21 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Well I regressed and watched Texanlive last Friday.Almost perfect streaming for once.Don't know why they have issue at times and they used Gary's play by play.It was great.Have not attended a game this year but I think I will make the drive for this one.I'm trying to find info on tickets too.Kogt will have it probably tomorrow.

Gun, if you haven't been to a game this year you better keep yo self at home! You know how "mojo" works...

On 11/15/2020 at 7:53 PM, Gasilla said:

Thankfully! Thats why we're dangerous. I hope the boys play with a chip on their shoulder Friday since there are a bunch of non-believers around. Its time for some folks to take notice.

Handle CS and I think that will put all of 4a DII on notice. TBH I don’t think anybody that has followed WO-S closely over the last 6-7 years is not taking them seriously. Just unfortunate that the schedule worked out like it did. But the Mustangs have done what they were supposed to do with the schedule they were given. Outscoring your opponents 372-42 is pretty dang good no matter who you have played. It just hurts y’all’s SOS when the teams are a combined 34-38 and only Newton and Silsbee are in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Personally I don’t put too much stock in any of that. I know the Chain Gang is one of the 3-4 teams in the state that has a legit shot to win a title. Probably being honest one of 2 teams that has a shot. The way Carthage beat PG and Gilmer didn’t leave any doubt who would be the heavy favorite to win a rematch. If WO-S comes out of R3, they will be a heavy favorite IMO. But gotta get by them powder blue boys this week. I think this could be a great game. But if WO-S comes out and dominates then everyone has to put them up there with Carthage. Truth is Carthage hasn’t beat a good team in a while. Hell haven’t played a team with a pulse in a month. That’s definitely not helping the Dawgs. 

2 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

LOL. my friend the Silver&Blue's defense is now called the "Blue Link".

Chain Gang all of a sudden this year became to sensitive/offensive of a nickname. Therefore the school's administration decided the more politically correct  nickname "Blue Link should be used.🤔

There are some folk who are offended/sensitive to Blue Link. I guess everybody is entitled to their own offensive sensitivity.  I have offered "Mustang Steel Link Group of Guys Defense."   Broken down that pretty much nails it. No offense or sensitive to anyone.  Just do me one favor, don't touch "We Will Pursue, We Will Gang Tackle". I will take that personally, as it was a phrase brought over from Austin, Tx for the team it perfectly fit and deserved it, the WO-S Mustangs.  Is that ok, X-Man?

6 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

our defensive ends apparently or so it seems (cause it was an issue all season) have not ever been coaches up on the importance of " staying at home".  Overall, looked clueless to what was going on.  spot on with what you said!  Coaching players up during a game seems non existent.

Anywho......... I don't want to cry to much Crimson & White in a Silver&Blue thread. I totally agree with you though!

I noticed the same thing about the DEs in that game. Over pursuit caused them to get burned too many times. 

22 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Somebody before said its about matchups, and because of that, what WOS does on defense, I suspect will limit what CS can do offensively. I predict CS will have less than 3 first downs going into the 3d qtr. The Jasper defense, is loaded with athletes, but they just run up the field, and put themselves out of position, especially in the first half of the CS game.

I would not go so far as to say CS will get less than 3 first downs. Their QB is a play maker who will find creases and make things happen. Granted, WO-S will get the better of him and the CS offense, but that Bowden kid has the feet, smarts, and uptempo decision making to find yardage against any defense. They remind me some of the Cuero team and their QB Rodriguez who WO-S played in 2015. I am certain of this - CS will have a hard time slowing down the WO-S offense. 

7 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

our defensive ends apparently or so it seems (cause it was an issue all season) have not ever been coaches up on the importance of " staying at home".  Overall, looked clueless to what was going on.  spot on with what you said!  Coaching players up during a game seems non existent.

Anywho......... I don't want to cry to much Crimson & White in a Silver&Blue thread. I totally agree with you though!

U have the right JasperDAWG. it kinda bothered me too. I can't understand why they didn't make adjustments and show those kids where they were supposed to be. Jasper has great althetes and that game shouldn't have went like it did.im sorry but bcz they wasn't prepared it cost them.

Watch this Playoff Game Live West Orange Stark vs China Spring Friday,11/20/2020 Coverage Begins at 7PM
on the call Link to the game:
WOSFootball

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Watch this Playoff Game Live West Orange Stark vs China Spring Friday,11/20/2020 Coverage Begins at 7PM
on the call Link to the game:
WOSFootball