Huffman Hargrave 19 Palestine 10/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Huffman Hargrave 19 Palestine 10/FINAL

Palestine thought they could come in and play the bully and Huffman would just roll over and take it.  The Falcons were smaller across the O and D line. Every position. By a lot.  Didn’t matter. Been that way all year, every game.

Once they realized Huffman wasn’t going to roll over it was too late.  They looked gassed and frustrated at the end of the first half.  That’s when the penalties started.  

Frustration set in, some holding calls where a Palestine O-lineman would lay on top of a Huffman player that he outweighs by 80-100 lbs.  Good job, I guess?

2nd half started and Palestine would move the ball pretty well for a couple plays and then the Huffman defense would shut them down or a penalty would back them up too far to overcome.  

I don’t understand the decision on the field goal with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.  This was a field position game and Palestine could get yards.  Just felt too conservative but I am biased.

Once the 4th quarter started, the difference in body language was stark.  Palestine looked frustrated and tired. Huffman seemed to pick up the pace and scored with 3:00 left in the game. The Palestine players looked like they were chirping at each other but in the fourth, they were definitely pointing fingers and getting mad at each other.

But...Huffman had been kicking it (frustratingly) short to the same guy. And with 3:00 left in the game, he returned the KO to the Huffman 30 to give a little spark.  Palestine picked up a first down fairly quickly and was running out of bounds to stop the clock. Then, they take a shot (a little prematurely but hindsight is 20/20) and the QB heaves it to the corner into triple coverage. Interception by Huffman.  Nothing left but the victory formation.

2 unsportsmanlike penalties, 3 holding calls that were meaningless antics, players openly griping and arguing with each other on the field, and a team that looked shell shocked even though they were leading...

You may disagree...this loss is all on the Palestine coaches.

Palestine was unprepared to play football this week.  That’s the coaches responsibility.

Huffman is playing better since the Vidor game. Vidor was a win but it didn’t feel like one. (Vidor fan knows what I’m talking about).  Livingston was a loss but Huffman played a little better. Just not better than a good Livingston squad. This week saw a little better execution and consistency than last week.

Now, they get to play another week.  Brazosport or Wheatley.

Huffman will be prepared.

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

Palestine thought they could come in and play the bully and Huffman would just roll over and take it.  The Falcons were smaller across the O and D line. Every position. By a lot.  Didn’t matter. Been that way all year, every game.

Once they realized Huffman wasn’t going to roll over it was too late.  They looked gassed and frustrated at the end of the first half.  That’s when the penalties started.  

Frustration set in, some holding calls where a Palestine O-lineman would lay on top of a Huffman player that he outweighs by 80-100 lbs.  Good job, I guess?

2nd half started and Palestine would move the ball pretty well for a couple plays and then the Huffman defense would shut them down or a penalty would back them up too far to overcome.  

I don’t understand the decision on the field goal with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.  This was a field position game and Palestine could get yards.  Just felt too conservative but I am biased.

Once the 4th quarter started, the difference in body language was stark.  Palestine looked frustrated and tired. Huffman seemed to pick up the pace and scored with 3:00 left in the game. The Palestine players looked like they were chirping at each other but in the fourth, they were definitely pointing fingers and getting mad at each other.

But...Huffman had been kicking it (frustratingly) short to the same guy. And with 3:00 left in the game, he returned the KO to the Huffman 30 to give a little spark.  Palestine picked up a first down fairly quickly and was running out of bounds to stop the clock. Then, they take a shot (a little prematurely but hindsight is 20/20) and the QB heaves it to the corner into triple coverage. Interception by Huffman.  Nothing left but the victory formation.

2 unsportsmanlike penalties, 3 holding calls that were meaningless antics, players openly griping and arguing with each other on the field, and a team that looked shell shocked even though they were leading...

You may disagree...this loss is all on the Palestine coaches.

Palestine was unprepared to play football this week.  That’s the coaches responsibility.

Huffman is playing better since the Vidor game. Vidor was a win but it didn’t feel like one. (Vidor fan knows what I’m talking about).  Livingston was a loss but Huffman played a little better. Just not better than a good Livingston squad. This week saw a little better execution and consistency than last week.

Now, they get to play another week.  Brazosport or Wheatley.

Huffman will be prepared.

Looks like y’all make it 3 rounds this year! Congrats on the win