PNG v. Kingwood Park 11/13/20

Rez Ipsa

Should be a good game to practice tightening up the defense.KWP is not a threat on the ground, but the QB is pretty agile and can sling the rock around. Like BH the week before I think the Indians will come out and take some frustrations out on KWP , I look for a blow out win for the Indians 

22 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Even playing mistake free on offense & special teams, anyone can beat PNG if they can find a way to run the football.  Indians have been ineffective in the run defense.  Must wrap up tackles!!!

Also have to be quicker to the runner -- Any good runner in the district has been guaranteed five yards around the edge on way too many plays. 

Both teams had a rocky game against their Opponents last week.

I do predict that the Indians might have something up their sleeve.

Although as for KWP, the Execution of the Game and Ball for them is Crucial if they want to win this game.

Overall I would say my overall Opinion on Both is Quite Equal, as both are quite formidable teams in their own right.

1 hour ago, dme1111 said:

The PNG coaches seem totally inept when it comes to defense.  At some point PNG is going to have to start balancing the talent on both sides of the ball.  

That will absolutely happen....

When Brandon Faircloth leaves.... 

i am not criticizing any success that he has had and will have. It is just an observation that his more athletic players will be in offense, at the expense of his defense. 

What faircloth needs to do is change his defensive scheme from a base 34 defense to a 43 base or 4-4 and then sprinkle in 3-4 plays .  Every year he’s been there the defensive scheme is what the problem is not the dc.  Png players are not a great personnel to have a base 3-4 defense.  Burnett tried it once and the spread offense the 2001 season.  Was trying to copy stephenville.  Complete failure and finally scrapped and went back to what worked.  Burnett would have had even more success in his years at head coach if changed o scheme and quit being so predictable after coach long left 

#7 needs to play both ways. Nederland has a kid do it every year. #18 was a 1st team all district player last year and plays about 50% of the offensive snaps. He is big and athletic. There is no reason why he cant get some time at LB or DE. No offense to the kids playing on the D line but we have 2 kids over 200 pounds on defense and they expect 3 DL to take on 5 OL.   

6 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

What faircloth needs to do is change his defensive scheme from a base 34 defense to a 43 base or 4-4 and then sprinkle in 3-4 plays .  Every year he’s been there the defensive scheme is what the problem is not the dc.  Png players are not a great personnel to have a base 3-4 defense.  Burnett tried it once and the spread offense the 2001 season.  Was trying to copy stephenville.  Complete failure and finally scrapped and went back to what worked.  Burnett would have had even more success in his years at head coach if changed o scheme and quit being so predictable after coach long left 

Exactly right. 

1) Use all of the the personnel you have to the advantage of the defense. 

2) Run the right scheme on defense with those players.

3) PNG must have speed & athleticism on defense, as well as offense, to be successful.

Change is coming this week. Seems taking an arse whipping made the light bulb go off. There is good athletes on the defensive side of the ball. 3-4 is wrong scheme for sure. They did go to four man front in second half of Nederland game to corral them in. Should have permanently changed then. They also need to practice tackling and wrapping up. Which they don’t do. I’d be willing to bet the likes of West Orange practice tackling. 

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

#7 needs to play both ways. Nederland has a kid do it every year. #18 was a 1st team all district player last year and plays about 50% of the offensive snaps. He is big and athletic. There is no reason why he cant get some time at LB or DE. No offense to the kids playing on the D line but we have 2 kids over 200 pounds on defense and they expect 3 DL to take on 5 OL.   

PNG refuses to play kids both ways. It's ridiculous. Nederland even had Sage Seay going both ways on several defensive schemes. I can see using a player like Roschon Johnson only on offense, but for most situations I'd play the best kid no matter what. It's how West Orange does things. 

You need  3 good lineman in a 3 man front. Nose has to be a LOAD and demands a double team every snap. The other 2 have to be salty as well. No offense but if the Injuns dont have 3 good ones.....They are unlikely to have 4. The spread has changed things and alot of Defenses drop more in coverage by going with a 3 man front.....No doubt there's an X and O problem but a Jimmy and Joe problem 2. JMO

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

If PNG makes changes on defense, this game might not be a good one to decide if the results were good. Kpark is not a very good team at all. On the other hand, if PNG struggles, like I said, KPark is not very good at all. 

I agree. Crosby, of course, is the test. I also have a feeling Texas City is still something of a dark horse. They've been solid in the past, and at times have been really good. But I think we can safely assume PNG won't learn that much about itself this week. 

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

If PNG makes changes on defense, this game might not be a good one to decide if the results were good. Kpark is not a very good team at all. On the other hand, if PNG struggles, like I said, KPark is not very good at all. 

While I do agree that KWP may not be in the League of a very good team, and that PNG might be better if they changed up their defense.

But If you remember the TC vs KWP Game, KWP whooped them.

Which would technically mean that KWP has the ability to Adapt to its opponents.

4 hours ago, outanup said:

You need  3 good lineman in a 3 man front. Nose has to be a LOAD and demands a double team every snap. The other 2 have to be salty as well. No offense but if the Injuns dont have 3 good ones.....They are unlikely to have 4. The spread has changed things and alot of Defenses drop more in coverage by going with a 3 man front.....No doubt there's an X and O problem but a Jimmy and Joe problem 2. JMO

If you have time, go watch just the highlights from the Crosby/BH game, and then any footage from the BH/PNG game. The Crosby D line blew past the BH line like they weren't there at all. The Crosby D line players don't appear to be particularly large. I don't know what scheme Crosby was running, or how many down linemen. But then look at the PNG game -- almost zero penetration all night. Even though the BH O line is big, there is a way to beat them and it doesn't require being as big. PNG is getting outskilled on D line, not just outmuscled, whereas the Crosby D line outplayed, instead of outmuscling, the BH line. 

39 minutes ago, Terminator2313 said:

While I do agree that KWP may not be in the League of a very good team, and that PNG might be better if they changed up their defense.

But If you remember the TC vs KWP Game, KWP whooped them.

Which would technically mean that KWP has the ability to Adapt to its opponents.

KPark beating Texas City doesn’t mean much. Texas City has been terrible this year. The only game they have won is against Sante Fe. 

Guest ECBucFan

It amazes me that PN-G who voices "tradition" at every turn, takes the field in grey and white uniforms. It would be great to see the deep purple uniforms again. The team looked so generic from the upper half of the bleachers Friday night.    

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

It amazes me that PN-G who voices "tradition" at every turn, takes the field in grey and white uniforms. It would be great to see the deep purple uniforms again. The team looked so generic from the upper half of the bleachers Friday night.    

I miss the all deep-purple look. I hate the gray pants. It should be purple or white.