Deweyville vs Cushing

DHSBaseball

12 hours ago, Setx fan said:

I really don’t see this game being much different from the last time these two played unless Cushing really has a few key players injured. Judging by the score from their last game against Colmesneil that just may be the case but Cushing is still the favorite in my opinion. Good luck to Deweyville though. 

This will be a much different game than back in September...

1. DV will have 4 starters that weren't available the first game (3 starter O/D Linemen)

2. Due to Hurricane Laura, DV was completely out of power during this time.

3. DV was able to scrounge up 13 kids for a single 1 &1/2 hr practice, the day before the first game of the season vs Cushing.

4. Cushing's big bruiser FB/LB had knee surgery last week. He was a key player on that team.

Cushing scored all 3 of their TD's in the first 6 mins of the game. (1 offensive drive, 1 special teams and 1 red-zone turnover). They were held scoreless the last 42 mins of the game. They ran the option but now, split time with 2 QB's, in the option and in the Spread. Sure, we got beat and this is in no way an excuse...just trying to prove my point that Cushing will face a different team tomorrow night.

The Pirates will make history this week. They have gotten more gritty as the season has went on. Defense is better and so is offense. Special teams will be our weak link. They have had 2 weeks to get ready.

Appreciate all the backing and well wishes from the 409 area!

Pirates 36-20 

37 minutes ago, Charles Carmichael said:

One of these two teams will record the first playoff win in school history. Let's go Big Red

I’d read where this was only Cushing’s 4th all time playoff appearance and that’d they’d never won a playoff game. Didn’t know that was the case with Deweyville too. This will be a great day for one of these two programs and I’m thinking it’ll be the Pirates. Good luck to both teams! 

6 minutes ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

I’d read where this was only Cushing’s 4th all time playoff appearance and that’d they’d never won a playoff game. Didn’t know that was the case with Deweyville too. This will be a great day for one of these two programs and I’m thinking it’ll be the Pirates. Good luck to both teams! 

Deweyville is 0-11