Vidor vs Lindale Bi-District

Boneyard Boys

8 hours ago, Pho Rizzle said:

My brother also played in that time frame. I still can't figure out how we were in that old 22-5A back then with West Brook, Central, LaPorte, Deer Park, Sterling & Lee. I think we got the raw end on those alignments because they all seemed twice our size. That was before they even had GCM & Ozen to take away from enrollments at the others. Our coach knew it and think that's why he stayed in the field house with his feet propped up on the desk smoking cigarettes ! The entire field house was a cloud of smoke back then and not the good kind.

Yeah, Vidor really did get the raw in of that deal, those schools were so much bigger than us those years. My brother played varsity basketball during those 5A years in the mid 90's and didn't win one district basketball game his senior season! 🥴

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

All true. Lol.  I just wasn’t about to listen to that “Lumberton Mentality” comment. 

I had to throw a little shade when I said that just in good fun. Vidor knew they were big underdogs, but I thought Vidor had a decent shot at beating this Lindale team and I know the players thought they could too. They gave Lindale all they wanted tonight, I can promise you that! lol