Vidor vs Lindale Bi-District

Boneyard Boys

Anyone taking the Pirates here? They are definitely in a tough spot after underperforming in district play. But the team is finally healthy, they have improved and made some needed changes as the season went on. Will it be enough to keep the game close and hope to catch a break or two? Crazier things have happened right... haven’t they?

I'm not counting the Pirates out, a little bias but I think they found their identity the past few weeks with getting back under center and doing what they do best, running the ball and mixing it up with misdirection. The defense speaks for itself, but this will probably be the best offense we'll see since Jasper which I think will help us against Lindale. Pirates going into this with some momentum and finding their offensive identity again with a deceiving win/loss record, it could possibly have a recipe for upset but we'll see.👀

21 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I'm not counting the Pirates out, a little bias but I think they found their identity the past few weeks with getting back under center and doing what they do best, running the ball and mixing it up with misdirection. The defense speaks for itself, but this will probably be the best offense we'll see since Jasper which I think will help us against Lindale. Pirates going into this with some momentum and finding their offensive identity again with a deceiving win/loss record, it could possibly have a recipe for upset but we'll see.👀

yes the Pirate defense will be the most aggressive defense they will see so far this year. there quarterback will be pressured to make many mistakes in this game.  the offense has to take advantage of every opportunity the defense gives them. the defense has gave them every opportunity to win every game this year.      

1 hour ago, sheldon1364 said:

yes the Pirate defense will be the most aggressive defense they will see so far this year. there quarterback will be pressured to make many mistakes in this game.  the offense has to take advantage of every opportunity the defense gives them. the defense has gave them every opportunity to win every game this year.      

I agree, the defense has kept us in every ball game and it has to be the same this week. Offense has to control the clock, and limit the mistakes, especially if Lindale can put up points, cause we won't win a shoot out with them.

There’s no doubt Lindale will be looking well past this game.  This one, in their minds, is an automatic.   Will that be enough to keep the score close?    Probably not, but hey, anything can happen.   One thing Lindale has to do is stop the run.  If they have trouble doing that, and Vidor eats up the clock, and makes a score or two, it could be close, or at least closer than some think.   On the other hand, Vidor goes 3 & out repeatedly, it’ll be ugly.

43 minutes ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Okay what do we know about lindale? Record? Ranked or not?? 

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

They are better than Vidor

And being ranked doesn't matter come playoff time, good luck Pirates.

Well here's how I see it going, I believe Vidors defense will keep them in it till halftime but the only time offense has been even remotely decent was against lcm and lumberton and we can all agree they are awful. Lindale will be well coach and won't beat themselves. Final score Lindale 42 Vidor 14 our offenseive scheme and kids are not good enough to pull this one out 

Several unknowns for me to estimate.   Is Lindale strong against the run? Have they faced a Slot T team this year?   For Vidor to have any chance, to even keep it respectable, they have to make a lot of first downs.  They do that, who knows?

For those expecting a blow out, remember Vidor was ahead of Jasper in the 4th Qtr, prior to most of our injuries, and Jasper gave Carthage their closest game this year.   

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Several unknowns for me to estimate.   Is Lindale strong against the run? Have they faced a Slot T team this year?   For Vidor to have any chance, to even keep it respectable, they have to make a lot of first downs.  They do that, who knows?

For those expecting a blow out, remember Vidor was ahead of Jasper in the 4th Qtr, prior to most of our injuries, and Jasper gave Carthage their closest game this year.   

2 hours ago, sheldon1364 said:

Kilgore ran all over them. What did they have 500 yards and 40 points? Is Vidor as good as Kilgore? Probably not. Can they be a very good team for one game? I think so. Are the defenses any good in that district? Maybe not, look at the scores. Do they have powerhouse offenses in that district? Maybe so, look at the scores. Tough call but I can’t go against the Pirates. How could I? I’m gonna fly that black flag until the day that I die. 🏴‍☠️ 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Sure stinks that the game is on Thursday! I really would like to go to it but my son has a basketball game and baseball practice on Thursday. Has anyone tried watching TexanLive on their iPhone? If so what was your experience?

It’s only a chance, but Eagle Vision Media, out of Lindale HS May have it on YouTube.   I will be looking for sure.