Sub Varsity Scores ?

Knoddy1

15 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH Freshman Blue lost to PNG 40-20

BH Freshman White won against PNG 18-8

No excuses,  but would have been a much better game had we been full strength.  BH Freshman Blue was without 4 of their stud players - LB/TE, LB/RB, WR/DE & QB.... all starters... COVID sux,  over this crap

On 11/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, THE DUDE said:

scores and records really mean nothing for the JV and below teams.

nothing more than glorified practice and way to evaluate upcoming talent

Dumb statement! It means a helluva lot, to the kids who workout all summer, take their lumps day in and day out while running scout team for the Varsity. To the parents who sacrifice their time, to get the kids to and from 5am practices, having to deal with a kid who hates to lose and comes home mad and doesn’t speak for 2 days Bc he didn’t play as well as he thought he should. And from a program standpoint, winning at all levels is the goal, to set an expectation of winning being the standard. I could go on and on, but you comment is asinine, and doesn’t deserve anymore of my time.

1 hour ago, TXHSFB said:

Dumb statement! It means a helluva lot, to the kids who workout all summer, take their lumps day in and day out while running scout team for the Varsity. To the parents who sacrifice their time, to get the kids to and from 5am practices, having to deal with a kid who hates to lose and comes home mad and doesn’t speak for 2 days Bc he didn’t play as well as he thought he should. And from a program standpoint, winning at all levels is the goal, to set an expectation of winning being the standard. I could go on and on, but you comment is asinine, and doesn’t deserve anymore of my time.

next time you see a coach ask him if winning at the JV level and below matters more than developing talent for the varsity level.

here is a hint it doesn't.

any coach will tell you he would rather go 0-10 and develop players for the varsity level  than go 10-0 and not have kids that can compete at the varsity level. 

no coach has ever lost or kept his job because of the records of his JV teams and below.

all that time and evert is so one day they call play on the varsity level.

ever notice there is no school JV records for scoring, yards, tackles etc.

no all district awards for players on the JV level.

if you don't play varsity it don't mean anything.

coaches don't care what you can do on JV. they only care about what you can do for them at the varsity level.

that is why so many JV games gets cancelled or shortened. coaches would rather be home with their family or getting ready for the varsity game than at the JV game.

you never see a JV coach yelling or getting ejected from the game. the score does not matter to them only the reps to make players better.

maybe you can get your kid a JV letterman jack after the season. 

37 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

next time you see a coach ask him if winning at the JV level and below matters more than developing talent for the varsity level.

any coach will tell you he would rather go 0-10 and develop players for the varsity level  than go 10-0 and not have kids that can compete at the varsity level. 

no coach has ever lost or kept his job because of the records of his JV teams and below.

coaches don't care what you can do on JV. they only care about what you can do for them at the varsity level.

that is why so many JV games gets cancelled or shortened. coaches would rather be home with their family or getting ready for the varsity game than at the JV game.

you never see a JV coach yelling or getting ejected from the game. the score does not matter to them only the reps to make players better.

Did you ever play JV?

2 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

I coached for over 10years at the HS level, 5A and 6A schools, and it mattered. If it didn’t then why even keep score. JV is the last time some of those kids will ever step on a field in a competitive environment, and as a parent, if I thought the coaches that I trust to spend more time with my kid than I do for 4 years, we wouldn’t be there so they damn sure better care, if not, they would only be doing a disservice to themselves, by not having those irrelevant JV kids prepared for Friday nights.

14 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

If it doesn’t matter then why do Head Coaches, Offensive and Defensive coordinators, and not to mention position coaches travel to JV games? JV matters because you have to reload not rebuild. You have to see what you will have next year and see if those JV guys who are scout team all week can take what they learn in literally 1 hour 1/2 athletic period while Varsity watches film on Monday to practice their game plan. After that they are the team Varsity is playing until Thursday night. Any coach I’ve talked too cared about what is happening from Middle School, freshman, and JV not just Varsity. If your Athletic Director and coaches aren’t vested into the athletics programs as a whole then why coach in the first place. I commend all the wives/dads and kids of coaches for allowing them to do what they love. Yes it takes time away from the family. What I’ve always noticed in the communities I’ve lived in? Those wives/dads and kids are at the games supporting their wives/dads. 

5 hours ago, D.C.BULLDOGS said:

If it doesn’t matter then why do Head Coaches, Offensive and Defensive coordinators, and not to mention position coaches travel to JV games? JV matters because you have to reload not rebuild. You have to see what you will have next year and see if those JV guys who are scout team all week can take what they learn in literally 1 hour 1/2 athletic period while Varsity watches film on Monday to practice their game plan. After that they are the team Varsity is playing until Thursday night. Any coach I’ve talked too cared about what is happening from Middle School, freshman, and JV not just Varsity. If your Athletic Director and coaches aren’t vested into the athletics programs as a whole then why coach in the first place. I commend all the wives/dads and kids of coaches for allowing them to do what they love. Yes it takes time away from the family. What I’ve always noticed in the communities I’ve lived in? Those wives/dads and kids are at the games supporting their wives/dads. 

coaches travel because that is part of their JOB. schools don't have enough staff for a full coaching staff for each team.

the reps in the game is what matters just like reps in practice matter. any coach will tell you that. beating some team that have all their talented underclassmen are on varsity don't matter.

the score or how many wins you have on JV means NOTHING. if it did they would keep the talented underclassman on JV.

when coaches check in on lower levels they don't ask who won tonight. they ask how did so and so do or how did we look tonight. looking for that next kid who can help out the varsity. 

same reason varsity scrimmages scores mean nothing to them. it is about the reps and getting better.

a good JV and below coach will try and get as many kids reps as he can during a game. if the score really matter why wouldn't he just play the best kid all game? 

the wins will come with talent but the development of players is what is important to them.

make it simple

reps and development of players        MATTER

scores or wins for JV and below        DONT MATTER

in short:  JV and below games are nothing more than a glorified practice. 

everybody wants to win but it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

20 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

You must be in Concussion Protocal.   

12 hours ago, Majestyk said:

No he's not.  You have to have a brain to be concussed.  I think when he was in school he didn't even make the JV cut and it scarred this young man, this is the result you're seeing here today. It's sad really, such bitterness.

problem is that the truth HURTS.

in a world where everybody gets a trophy parents don't want to hear that JV and below games are nothing more than a glorified practice.

don't get me wrong practices are important just not the SCORE.

the only scores that matter are at the VARSITY level.