Vidor at Lumberton - this ones for the playoffs

Boneyard Boys

Well this could be our last game of the season so I guess I’ll spell it out for these guys. #1 should be getting 10 touches a game out of the backfield, #12 should be getting 3 targets a game. #11 and #26 should be splitting time in the backfield. #43 and #55 should be on the line in short yardage situations. These are all defensive players and that’s why Vidor’s offense is not very good this year.

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Well this could be our last game of the season so I guess I’ll spell it out for these guys. #1 should be getting 10 touches a game out of the backfield, #12 should be getting 3 targets a game. #11 and #26 should be splitting time in the backfield. #43 and #55 should be on the line in short yardage situations. These are all defensive players and that’s why Vidor’s offense is not very good this year.

agree also coaches need to take advantage of game situations for instance if vidor is up 30-7 in the 3 quarter they need to practice there passing plays instead of running till the last second of the game. you have to give your team passing confidence if you wand to make a run in the playoffs. i never understood why vidor coaches would keep running the same run plays when you have a opportunity to have live game passing practice.  even if they only have three pass plays on the playbook.

1 minute ago, sheldon1364 said:

agree also coaches need to take advantage of game situations for instance if vidor is up 30-7 in the 3 quarter they need to practice there passing plays instead of running till the last second of the game. you have to give your team passing confidence if you wand to make a run in the playoffs. i never understood why vidor coaches would keep running the same run plays when you have a opportunity to have live game passing practice.  even if they only have three pass plays on the playbook.

Yea the passing game is an afterthought but when that is your weakness why wouldn’t you work on it and focus on it until it is a strength? We keep practicing the same damn run plays that we already run 100 times. If they don’t know these plays already then what are we doing here, work on the pass. Like you said work on it in live game situations, the first 3 pre-district games we threw the ball 4 times total.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea the passing game is an afterthought but when that is your weakness why wouldn’t you work on it and focus on it until it is a strength? We keep practicing the same damn run plays that we already run 100 times. If they don’t know these plays already then what are we doing here, work on the pass. Like you said work on it in live game situations, the first 3 pre-district games we threw the ball 4 times total.

yes i was at the LCM game and they could have practiced the whole fourth quarter on just passing plays. but no they just kept running the same run plays till the last second. to me that is not preparing your team for a playoff run.