SETX referees

Boneyard Boys

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

We actually had pretty good refs at our game against HH. The Livingston game was atrocious (in Livingston). All the others were just really really bad...the Livingston game was on the verge of being illegal. Splendora game was pretty crappy several times last night. 

We ran into the same thing at Livingston, I thought that may have just been a bad crew from up that way. Then we had the local crew last night who sucked just as bad, if not worse. I know it’s a hard job and not many people want to do it but come on, this is a game changing call here. It was the ref on the far sideline, he casually dropped a flag at the feet of the lead blocker but he had great position on the defender. Plus the QB was long gone by then, not sure what he was thinking there. The ref on that side had several questionable calls but he wouldn’t throw the flag where you could see a penalty call. He’d just drop it at his feet and nobody even knew there was a penalty until they stopped the game.

It’s not just setx. I mean who in the hell in their right mind wants to go out there and take that abuse for next to nothing money wise. Those guys can go call peewee games on Saturday mornings and make the same money, and have absolutely no pressure. The bad part about it is it’s only going to get worse.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

It’s not just setx. I mean who in the hell in their right mind wants to go out there and take that abuse for next to nothing money wise. Those guys can go call peewee games on Saturday mornings and make the same money, and have absolutely no pressure. The bad part about it is it’s only going to get worse.

Yea your right about that Unc, only getting worse but idk we used to get on them pretty good at the peewee games lol.

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea your right about that Unc, only getting worse but idk we used to get on them pretty good at the peewee games lol.

Ha! Yessir make no mistake a lot of those crazy parents are living in dream land thinking their little babies are going to be in the NFL or MLB; reality starts to set in a few years later when their little baby is still white, small, and slow. 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Ha! Yessir make no mistake a lot of those crazy parents are living in dream land thinking their little babies are going to be in the NFL or MLB; reality starts to set in a few years later when their little baby is still white, small, and slow. 

OMG, tell me about it. If only I could have had a black athletic child.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

You must not have ever watched our pee wee games. Lol. We gave those refs plenty to listen to. Lol. 

They used to be fairly decent, but with less participation, they gotten pretty bad.   Basketball officials are even worse.   But the thing is, they’re a necessary evil.   Some of their calls are sometimes biased, racist, about power, and just plain inept, but without them, there will be no games.

It's a hard job. Bless them for going out there every week after working a full-time job to go out and referee a children's game and suffer the abuse of parents s who have for the most part never played the game, let alone know the rules. And then suffer the indignity of coaches chewing on their ears for 2.5 hours.

They don't pay those guys and gals enough. 

Sure, I boo too. But I try to remember the refs are doing their best and they are in a thankless position. 

All the experienced refs are retiring and not enough new people are signing up. Its a vicious cycle.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Some of you don't realize that a lot of the schools locally do not use the local TASO Chapter of officiating. Several use the Houston Chapter.

So some of these officiating crews you are speaking of are not the SETX chapter. Just keep that in mind.

The crew in question is, yet no one who can point out the hold because there wasn’t one.