Shepherd vs. Rusk/Canceled

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Shepherd vs. Rusk/Canceled

I just received this from Shepherd Head Coach Miles Robison:

"We were informed Monday afternoon that we had multiple athletes that would need to be quarantined due to Covid contact tracing. We have been struggling through injuries and other kids that were previously quarantined the past few weeks. At this point, I made the determination that we did not have the available bodies to put a competitive team on the field Friday night. I then called Coach Sitton at Rusk to notify him of the decision to forfeit the game. Our kids have been outgunned most of the season but have continued to work their tails off each week to compete against good football programs. We will do our best to get enough kids back to finish the season next week."

2 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

being we just played them I really hope that none of the DAWGS end up sick.

for shepherd I am so sorry to that for your program. I will keep your student athletes in my thoughts and prayers.

hopefully yall be able to get one more game played.

Well, there is a distinction that we need to remember which will provide a measure of relief to Bulldog coaches, players, parents and supporters.  The Pirates have lost several players to contact tracing, which means that they have come into contact with someone who tested positive...sometimes that was a fellow student....sometimes it was a family member in the player's household who tested positive.

While there was one in the program who tested positive early in the school year, to this point none of the players who have had to quarantine due to contact tracing have ultimately tested positive.

Now, of course we will see if that trend holds as the current batch that are in quarantine probably have not received the results of their tests.  But it sounds pretty good for folks on Friday night that came in contact with Pirate personnel.

36 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

First off thank you for the informative post my Silver&Blue friend! 

I hope you are 100% correct. (for all involved sake)

I am a grown man and am not concerned with anyone's political view or bothered by being called a sheep.....Baaaaaaa!!!!(and that not directed at you Warden, i just making it clear to those who that it may apply to in advance).

that said,  this covid19 scares me!

I hope you guys won't be affected by the virus especially we need you guys to be ready for the playoffs

2 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I hope you guys won't be affected by the virus especially we need you guys to be ready for the playoffs

I'm sure you meant well, but we need to be more concern about their lives than them being able to play a football game.

14 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I wonder could that particular strand of covid-19 can reach to us (11 miles) away from Shepherd if any of those student athletes just happen to come through Coldspring... And God bless the ones that do have it and may He remove it quickly as it was entered in them

I would say that Coldspring has a chance of getting it.  The reason I'm saying this is because not all parents will force their kids into quarantine in the event they end up testing positive...so they'll start infecting other people.  With Shepherd and Coldspring being as close as they are and the amount of things y'all do together on weekends there's a good possibility it can happen.

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I'm not concerned about the football, I'm more concerned about the mass brainwashing taken place. The majority is always wrong or there wouldn't be so few chiefs and so many indians. How else do so few leaders control a population that out numbers them kazillion to 1 but through deception ? They can't physically control them so they control them mentally.

The government scouting report reads: These people will beleive anything we tell them.

i guess you think spelling is a mid control weapon as well

2 hours ago, scat_trap said:

I would say that Coldspring has a chance of getting it.  The reason I'm saying this is because not all parents will force their kids into quarantine in the event they end up testing positive...so they'll start infecting other people.  With Shepherd and Coldspring being as close as they are and the amount of things y'all do together on weekends there's a good possibility it can happen.

That's what I'm afraid of

On 10/28/2020 at 1:50 PM, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Your mind isn't capable of seeing past the spelling ? I could correct peoples spelling and puncuation all day but I'd be a dooofus (spelling?) like you , something I try to avoid. You may only be capable of seeing things  surface deep  and no deeper. Typically the spelling police folks always throw out spelling when they cant comprehend the statement. They bring the conversation down to their level

I don't know nor do I care about your other opinions