Hull-Daisetta vs High Island

H-D BOBCAT 55

HD or High Island Wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. HD or High Island Wins?

• HD
    • High Island

15 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

The district champ will likely get the MVP.  And there usually aren't many players that make All State anymore that aren't on teams with playoff runs.  Maybe he makes it and congrats if so.. but politics usually wins.

That is true on both those statements. Seems like all-state teams now are made up of about 75% state quarterfinalists players. I hate that as well because lots of kids on average or losing teams are more worthy of that distinction 

2 minutes ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

That is true on both those statements. Seems like all-state teams now are made up of about 75% state quarterfinalists players. I hate that as well because lots of kids on average or losing teams are more worthy of that distinction 

You're not wrong... but it is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Also.. 20+ years ago they didn't have every starter and most of the bench making all district. 

Another truth!! They’ve expanded it so much where each position has multiple selections.... by the time you do first team, second team and honorable mention, that’s usually 80% of starters in a 6-7 team district. Crazy 

4 minutes ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

Another truth!! They’ve expanded it so much where each position has multiple selections.... by the time you do first team, second team and honorable mention, that’s usually 80% of starters in a 6-7 team district. Crazy 

So.. I'm glad that the region/state accolades are somewhat selective but as mentioned before, the spots seem reserved for the deep playoff teams.  Mostly.  Perhaps it's just laziness.  I know what it is with the district picks.. it's trying to keep parents happy.  Unfortunately, that mindset is rotting society.  I don't even really think that all district is that big of a deal anymore.  It's too watered down. 

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

So.. I'm glad that the region/state accolades are somewhat selective but as mentioned before, the spots seem reserved for the deep playoff teams.  Mostly.  Perhaps it's just laziness.  I know what it is with the district picks.. it's trying to keep parents happy.  Unfortunately, that mindset is rotting society.  I don't even really think that all district is that big of a deal anymore.  It's too watered down. 

Depends on what all state team publication you are speaking of.

The AP is strictly based on regular season, not post season. The DCTF is generally DFW region driven.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Depends on what all state team publication you are speaking of.

The AP is strictly based on regular season, not post season. The DCTF is generally DFW region driven.

Also true.  In my opinion, they should all be based on an individual player's performance over the duration of a season.  Just like I believe the district MVP isn't always the best player on the best team.  Sometimes, sure.  I look at it like this:  If the district coaches were putting together a team to play other districts, who's the one they pick first?  There's your MVP.  If a region was putting together a team to play other regions, the ones selected are your all region team.  Same with all state.  

And I'll be honest, not all publications are the same...but it should be similar.  If they're going on statistics of a player.  I do understand that it's possible to exaggerate the stats of someone if they play weak competition but on the same token, it's not a player's fault if they're good but on a bad team. 

4 minutes ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

DCTF Computer Rankings (93 schools)
2A-DII
23. Hull-Daisetta
26. Deweyville
56. Evadale
76. Colmesneil
81. Burkeville
89. Sabine Pass
91. High Island

This is this week’s Texas Football computer rankings. It calculates strength of schedule, quality wind etc.

You guys just call each other on your phones.  Your taking up much needed space in the system drive that is needed for more relevant football programs

Why not wait around for the "Super-Computer" at 'ol DCTF to award you your District Championship?...oh wait, Y'all had your chance and couldn't get it done. And yet again, there were 3 pages of excuses. Congratulations on your computer rankings, seems you thirst for validation. I understand how much stronger your schedule was with poor West Hardin and Pasadena Christian as opposed to Cushing and Warren. We took those "L's" and we are better for it...nobody cares about excuses (except you). DEWEYVILLE BEAT HULL-DAISETTA head to head. Regardless of how many "Horsemen" you have or how fast they are. Please get over your loss. Your team got beat. You lost. And no matter what post you make, you can't change that. You do have my vote for SETX Sports Forum's "Cry-Baby of the Year" though.