BH Vs. Crosby

BHFAN

Both teams started the year ranked in the top 10 of the state to only drop their 1st 2 games of the season. BH’s loses come from two larger schools that still are having undefeated seasons while Crosby played two larger schools as well with one being juggernaut Manvel which beat up the Coogs like Manvel can. Last year BH won 24-7 in Mont Belvieu, but this year BH will travel to the Jungle To take on the Coogs.  Big district game here as we all start to battle for playoffs and district seeding. This should be a great game.

Guest Aledoalumni

In my most recent R3 prediction I have Crosby in 1st and BH 2nd. So I guess my vote would be Crosby. 

w9 Texarkana / f10 Fulshear
r12 Barbers Hill / t11 Houston Sterling
w10 A&M Consolidated / f9 Whitehouse
r11 Fort Bend Willowridge / t12 Port Neches-Groves
w11 Fort Bend Marshall / f12 Kingwood Park
r10 Huntsville / t9 Marshall
w12 Crosby / f11 Houston Waltrip
r9 Longview Pine Tree / t10 Bryan Rudder

23 minutes ago, Aledoalumni said:

In my most recent R3 prediction I have Crosby in 1st and BH 2nd. So I guess my vote would be Crosby. 

w9 Texarkana / f10 Fulshear
r12 Barbers Hill / t11 Houston Sterling
w10 A&M Consolidated / f9 Whitehouse
r11 Fort Bend Willowridge / t12 Port Neches-Groves
w11 Fort Bend Marshall / f12 Kingwood Park
r10 Huntsville / t9 Marshall
w12 Crosby / f11 Houston Waltrip
r9 Longview Pine Tree / t10 Bryan Rudder

A good of guess as any. Crosby seems to be struggling with an injured QB and BH’s RB looks to have aggravated an injury that cut his season short last year. BH won against a struggling KWP while Crosby also won against a struggling Dayton team this week. Win or lose BH has to find balance in their offense , we are too run heavy this year and still seem to be struggling in syncing up the WR’s with the QB. Hoping that continues to improve. 

56 minutes ago, Realville said:

BH wins the football game.

Do you have any reasoning for this prediction ?  I know nothing of BH so won’t make a prediction, but BHFan has at least laid out some facts about both team’s early season games. Just curious if you could share some logic for your prediction. 

I've seen BH already, we beat em 27-23 at their place, their QB was a problem for us, now that their RB may be out Crosby has a lil bit of an advantage I would think. 

I haven't seen Crosby this yr yet but will find one of their games tonight and watch, if Crosby secondary isn't swiss cheese then they should win. Plus homefield advantage versus a familiar foe.

I'm going Crosby by 6 at home for right now til I watch a game of theirs. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I've seen BH already, we beat em 27-23 at their place, their QB was a problem for us, now that their RB may be out Crosby has a lil bit of an advantage I would think. 

I haven't seen Crosby this yr yet but will find one of their games tonight and watch, if Crosby secondary isn't swiss cheese then they should win. Plus homefield advantage versus a familiar foe.

I'm going Crosby by 6 at home for right now til I watch a game of theirs. 

Well, if you watch the Montgomery game you WILL see a Swiss cheese secondary.  They gave up 500+ passing yards.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Was Montgomery that good or yalls secondary that bad?

They had one receiver that killed our secondary. I also didn’t like it that we played our corners 10+yards off the line of scrimmage.  That’s nothing new for Crosby though. The biggest problem I have seen from Crosby is lack of enthusiasm. They don’t seem to get hyped up for the games. 

8 minutes ago, CCRed said:

They had one receiver that killed our secondary. I also didn’t like it that we played our corners 10+yards off the line of scrimmage.  That’s nothing new for Crosby though. The biggest problem I have seen from Crosby is lack of enthusiasm. They don’t seem to get hyped up for the games. 

That's strange, I remember going to Crosby games in the past where the kids were almost too hyped up. I rather em be too hyped up than mellow before a game. I'm still gonna pick Crosby by 6. They better not play 10yds off #5 or #1 or it'll be a long night. BH not no slouch. 

Yeah this one is a toss up for me. I can’t see Crosby or BH not getting up for this game. The key for BH is to keep the game close and let their defense frustrate the Coogs. You can’t ever let Crosby get up on you quick and have to take the wind out of their sails early. Crosby always looks the part, but struggles to play to their potential sometimes. 7 point game either way, but BH can take this one.

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

Do you have any reasoning for this prediction ?  I know nothing of BH so won’t make a prediction, but BHFan has at least laid out some facts about both team’s early season games. Just curious if you could share some logic for your prediction. 

Just think they have the coaching advantage.

I’m excited for this game. Easily the marquee matchup of the week. Are Crosby and BH rivals? They should be. 

Crosby is a mystery. My gut says they should be favored to win district, but there is still a lot to learn about them. The fact they lost to the teams they lost to isn’t a surprise, and I think everyone knows Crosby is better than their record. But how much better? 

6 hours ago, CCRed said:

I watched the 1st part of the Dayton game, it's all I could find, but I seen exactly what you're talking about, and that's yall highway rival too, no matter the records they're usually jacked for that game. That was weird. 

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I’m excited for this game. Easily the marquee matchup of the week. Are Crosby and BH rivals? They should be. 

Crosby is a mystery. My gut says they should be favored to win district, but there is still a lot to learn about them. The fact they lost to the teams they lost to isn’t a surprise, and I think everyone knows Crosby is better than their record. But how much better? 

Never really became a rival with Crosby. We like beating each other, but while Crosby and Dayton were beating up on each other we were a smaller school fighting it out with Liberty, Huffman , Anahuac and Hampshire Fannett . I agree Crosby is a mystery though because they looked good against GR , but after the Manvel beating they just don’t seem to be the team that 14.2 sold us at the beginning of the year. 

Guest Aledoalumni
10 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH playing Crosby then PNG back to back will make for an interesting 2 weeks

I know my bracket has Crosby winning but I hope y'all win. 

2 hours ago, Aledoalumni said:

I know my bracket has Crosby winning but I hope y'all win. 

Me too😃. This is a big game for the district and seeding. If BH wins they have to keep the momentum into next week against PNG if they lose they have to regroup and play. So in the next two games BH could be leading the district in the drivers seat or fighting for 3rd place😩

Guest Aledoalumni
48 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Me too😃. This is a big game for the district and seeding. If BH wins they have to keep the momentum into next week against PNG if they lose they have to regroup and play. So in the next two games BH could be leading the district in the drivers seat or fighting for 3rd place😩

Yall have a good chance to beat any team from D11 in the first round as long as yall can avoid FBM. Then after that its gonna be tough games everywhere.  

Someone said that CHS just doesn’t seem to be enthusiastic, and I think that’s directly related to the coaching staff. Not bashing coaches but... the Dayton game got a lil chippy and the CHS coaches were trying to calm the players meanwhile Dayton coaches were firing their guys up. (It didn’t help) I would be playing up that emotion but cautioning against getting penalties.  Especially with the way they’ve been playing lately, and with a district rival coming to town the next wk.

5 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Someone said that CHS just doesn’t seem to be enthusiastic, and I think that’s directly related to the coaching staff. Not bashing coaches but... the Dayton game got a lil chippy and the CHS coaches were trying to calm the players meanwhile Dayton coaches were firing their guys up. (It didn’t help) I would be playing up that emotion but cautioning against getting penalties.  Especially with the way they’ve been playing lately, and with a district rival coming to town the next wk.

I have only watched some clips of Crosby this year, but will be surprised If they don’t get up for this game. Coogs at home wanting some payback I just hope BH brings it this game.

21 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

We did have a big tackle for loss after the fight. Lol

Well the ticket is procured and I’m ready for some football! Should be good weather and hope both teams are healthy. I know Branch is trying to get back to 100% and I haven’t heard how Hagler for BH is, but hope there both good. Last team who touches the ball wins this one.