LCM at Livingston

BattlinBear02

5 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

This district has represented itself well in the playoffs and will probably do so again. 

10-4A-I will play 9-4A-I.  Here are the teams in that district and their current records:

Kilgore - 6-2 Overall, 4-0 District

Lindale - 6-2 Overall, 4-0 District

Palestine - 6-3 Overall, 4-1 District

Tyler Chapel Hill - 4-4 Overall, 1-3 District

Henderson - 2-5 Overall, 1-3 District

Mabank - 3-4 Overall, 0-3 District

Athens - 4-4 Overall, 0-4 District

24 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

10-4A-I will play 9-4A-I.  Here are the teams in that district and their current records:

Dang Henderson kinda dropped off 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Hmmm depending how seeding will work out before the playoffs start I don't see how 10-4A-D1 will even get a win from 9-4A-D1... Although we do know that the winner of Livingston vs Huffman will win district could we honestly say that they can compete with the 4th place team of that district in Tyler Chapel Hill we did see how they demolished Splendora earlier this season do you think either Livingston or Huffman can compete with them

2 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Hmmm depending how seeding will work out before the playoffs start I don't see how 10-4A-D1 will even get a win from 9-4A-D1... Although we do know that the winner of Livingston vs Huffman will win district could we honestly say that they can compete with the 4th place team of that district in Tyler Chapel Hill we did see how they demolished Splendora earlier this season do you think either Livingston or Huffman can compete with them

I think east tx sweeps us. Houston schools are the only ones we can beat in the playoffs 

10 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

I think Livingston and Huffman will both have a pretty good shot at the 3/4 seed from 9A. As it stands now, Palestine is the 3rd seed and interestingly enough, Livingston and Palestine played week 2 this year. Palestine routed the Lions pretty handedly, but since then the Lions are on a 6 game tear and have gotten visibly better every week. If Livingston loses to Huffman next week and we see a Palestine rematch in round one, I’d say the Lions would come back with a little something to prove. As for whoever gets the 1/4 match up in Bi district, it’s hard to pick against a district champ even if it’s a weak district. But hey, crazier things have happened and there’s still a lot of shaking out to do. 

19 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

I wouldn't go that far. HISD, AISD, and DISD districts are pretty bad. 

It's just I. our area, the more glamorous names play in DII. This district has represented itself well in the playoffs and will probably do so again. 

I'm going 35-14 Livingston. 

15 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Serious question. What are the recent examples in the last 2 or 3 years?

If you’re speaking of Lumberton and HH’s back to back 2 deep runs, it’s certainly better than one and out, I just hope we could “represent” better than that. 

8 hours ago, LionBacker99 said:

I think Livingston and Huffman will both have a pretty good shot at the 3/4 seed from 9A. As it stands now, Palestine is the 3rd seed and interestingly enough, Livingston and Palestine played week 2 this year. Palestine routed the Lions pretty handedly, but since then the Lions are on a 6 game tear and have gotten visibly better every week. If Livingston loses to Huffman next week and we see a Palestine rematch in round one, I’d say the Lions would come back with a little something to prove. As for whoever gets the 1/4 match up in Bi district, it’s hard to pick against a district champ even if it’s a weak district. But hey, crazier things have happened and there’s still a lot of shaking out to do. 

Livingston was in that game until an ill fated fake punt call in its own end zone with less than a minute till halftime and down 7-0 and receiving the Q3 kickoff. 

The play worked but we didn't pick up the first down. Palestine turned around and scored a few plays later and the game was over.

I don't think we do that again in that situation. The kids would welcome a rematch if that's how falls.

The District of Doom, as KTRE calls it up here, is solid, but I think our teams have a shot of at least a tie in bi-district. Many people thought/believe Vidor was going to be tough in 4A.  All it takes is one game to redeem themselves.

Winning a game is hard, let alone a playoff game. Some teams start the season with state or bust as the goal, others just want to improve from last year. This district is kind of in the middle. There's no state title contender but there's enough firepower to make things interesting.

So yes, I believe this district has had success in the past and hope it can improve.

LCM has some decent relievers but you better play them at defensive back this week. Half of Livingston’s pass plays are deep shots. The quarterback rolls out and throws a jump ball a mile in the air. You better watch their QB if he is lined up at upback on punts they will fake it. Send somebody to hit him on every punt. The Bears best shot is to get after the Lions starting QB early and often.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

LCM has some decent relievers but you better play them at defensive back this week. Half of Livingston’s pass plays are deep shots. The quarterback rolls out and throws a jump ball a mile in the air. You better watch their QB if he is lined up at upback on punts they will fake it. Send somebody to hit him on every punt. The Bears best shot is to get after the Lions starting QB early and often.

One of our receivers got offered. Hopefully more offers come in. Bad year to be a Sr on a horrible season   

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

#14 for LCM is a dang good receiver!

On 10/27/2020 at 11:04 AM, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I didn't think so. Livingston is way better coached than Jasper and has just as many good players if not more. Jasper only had Vidor by 7 points until the trick play on 4th down at the end of the game because of a confused cornerback. Jasper came into the season confident and Livingston is still building theirs.  I'm not sold on Jasper.

Anyways, It was just a hypothetical question so I will agree to disagree.

I think Jasper might be a little better. Their offensive and defensive lines are bigger and more consistent. And they don't freelance as much in the secondary. 

I think Livingston has figured out run defense at this point but if you can pass consistently, there's the vulnerability.

That's what I'm worried about next week. Not that Hargrave is going to throw bombs but they will run clean short routes and the Lions are going to gamble and let a short pass break loose.