Huffman Hargrave @ Vidor - Senior night 2020

Boneyard Boys

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

Don't you like how he comes out and says, " We just don't have the talent, so we run the slot-T". If I'm a player hearing that , then my confidence is being crushed because the coach is the one person who is supposed to believe in me. I don't know if anyone knows this but the Slot-T system was put in place so Mathews wouldn't have to work anymore, so he could sit back , be complacent and that's why they never change it according to the players they have in a giving year. That's why I call it a set it and forget it offense. He got very lucky with the few good teams he had and a good coach would've done way better than him with that talent. He didn't want to take the time to learn how to play chess so he went to checkers and bad checkers at that.

All he does is run up and down the sideline yelling at the kids because HIS game plan didn't work, it's not their fault. Most of the time we commit a penalty immediately after he throws a tantrum because he makes the players nervous. Don't believe me then take note in the next game.

DuBois was supposed to take over this year but I really honestly think that Mathews felt that Dubois would make Vidor forget about him especially after the move down. He knows that's the same situation he stepped into when he got the Vidor job as they dropped down from 22-5A to 4A (21 years ago) , that's the only reason people thought he was great. When he finally leaves he will make sure that he leaves his successor a team during a down year.

It's a control issue with him I believe and he will pick  his successor so he can be assured that the Slot-T stays. ITS TIME TO GET RID OF THE SLOT T. Let's have an open application process (no one from Vidor or Lumberton coaching staff need apply ) !!!

It has really hindered us from developing receivers and passers. Which is our weakness so they should have been working on that the most. I don’t have confidence in it coming around though, they don’t even know what personnel to use to get it done.

2 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

A new OC want do anything because he tells them what playbook to run. He once had a OC that won 13 bowl games but he ran him off because he felt threatened by the presence of a football savvy coach. It's not hard to replace this guy at all, there are real coaches that are hungry for a job.

Who was that OC? 

The few successful teams that run the Slot T have one thing Vidor doesn’t, and that’s a good passing game.   Since the kids have been running this O since Jr High, they need to start developing a real passing attack out of it.   If you watched many of the Vidor games this year, stop and think how many times they had receivers wide open with no completions.  Everyone knows you can’t rely strictly on the run.   If you add a good passing game, that offense is as good as any.  But that’s just my opinion.

6 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

A new OC want do anything because he tells them what playbook to run. He once had a OC that won 13 bowl games but he ran him off because he felt threatened by the presence of a football savvy coach. It's not hard to replace this guy at all, there are real coaches that are hungry for a job.

What years did you coach in vidor

10 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

The only guy I can think of would be David Rice who coached college ball in Arizona for a community college and before that at NAU but I don’t believe he ever had any D1 experience to my knowledge.