Huffman Hargrave @ Vidor - Senior night 2020

Boneyard Boys

I've seen Fischer play, he's okay, I don't think the kid will lose you a ballgame. What position is he playing going forward the rest of the season there at Huffman?

Current QB1 is a Jr right? Gonna be interesting for next season cause Huffman current QB1 isn't bad either no matter wth that currently banned Huffman fan said about him before. 

As far as the game: give me Huffman, I don't trust Vidor offense right now and I don't believe their own fans trust it as well. 

16 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

All I know is I have been humbled from my score prediction last week and I choose not to participate in any score predictions from here on out!

that's why I don't make score predictions for my teams, I'm usually horribly wrong when I do.😅

hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery!

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I've seen Fischer play, he's okay, I don't think the kid will lose you a ballgame. What position is he playing going forward the rest of the season there at Huffman?

Current QB1 is a Jr right? Gonna be interesting for next season cause Huffman current QB1 isn't bad either no matter wth that currently banned Huffman fan said about him before. 

As far as the game: give me Huffman, I don't trust Vidor offense right now and I don't believe their own fans trust it as well. 

Current QB is a Jr.  New kid is a Jr.

This offense is almost all Jrs and one So.

I'm not sure how he will be played but the current QB plays safety until they get a good lead.  The new kid plays safety also.  Even if he is just OK, it will give some depth at a two demanding positions.

After this game I am going to write one of those overly long posts about the development of the offense and some wrinkles I have seen develop in the last couple weeks.  

3 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Current QB is a Jr.  New kid is a Jr.

This offense is almost all Jrs and one So.

I'm not sure how he will be played but the current QB plays safety until they get a good lead.  The new kid plays safety also.  Even if he is just OK, it will give some depth at a two demanding positions.

After this game I am going to write one of those overly long posts about the development of the offense and some wrinkles I have seen develop in the last couple weeks.  

A player playing both ways?   Does the UIL approve that?   Isn’t there a rule against that?   Holy Moly, who knew.   😂😂

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

Put him at fullback and give him the ball!

I see this comment every year.  I almost never see it happen.  Especially this late in the season.  

And I am convinced it is true.  Not every team has a RB or QB that can just muscle the ball in from 5 yards out.  But every team has a DT or LB that is a little too big for RB and a little too small to dominate at their position.  Teach or coach them to fall forward and this seems like a no brainer.

Coaching from the stands is hard but we are never wrong!!  😁😁

35 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I see this comment every year.  I almost never see it happen.  Especially this late in the season.  

And I am convinced it is true.  Not every team has a RB or QB that can just muscle the ball in from 5 yards out.  But every team has a DT or LB that is a little too big for RB and a little too small to dominate at their position.  Teach or coach them to fall forward and this sonoweems like a no brainer.

Coaching from the stands is hard but we are never wrong!!  😁😁

It's very hard to coach from the stands! I should be fired by now! 😉

1 hour ago, Self High 5 said:

It's very hard to coach from the stands! I should be fired by now! 😉

We sat in front of another group of parents last week.  Great family, great kid.  His Dad was loud through the first half (everybody seemed amped for Splendora).  I mean really loud.  I think he ran out of steam in the second half.

I looked at my wife when he was coaching the D-Line from up high.  Said, "Man, he's loud".  She just stared back at me.  You know the look.

I think I was just jealous we finally found someone as loud as me.  😁

I peaked at a freshman game in New Caney, it was 0-8 against us in the fourth quarter.  New Caney was backed up to their 10 yard line or so with 3-4 minutes left.  There was no play clock and the New Caney coach knew the refs weren't watching the time between plays.  Lots of parents (maybe 10-15 in the visitor stands) were yelling "DELAY OF GAME, DELAY OF GAME" hoping the refs would listen.  NC ran a running play for a couple yards and clock was running.

My voice carries pretty good.  Its not deep but I can project very loudly without sounding like I am screaming.  I called out the time when they blew the play dead.  Loud.  Every 10 seconds I was yelling "THATS 10 SECONDS!" , "THATS 20 SECONDS!" , "30 SECONDS SINCE THE LAST PLAY", you get the picture.  

Finally, the refs throw the flag, delay of game.  NC ends up punting.  Son's team scores as clock winds down.  Converts the 2pt to tie the game.

I asked my son later "Did you hear me yelling at the end?"  He said "Yeah, Coach asked me if that was my Dad."  

"Well, did he say anything else?"

Son said "Naw, Coach said just tell him thanks."

Obviously, I am the reason they tied that game.  

Just now, texbuzz said:

We sat in front of another group of parents last week.  Great family, great kid.  His Dad was loud through the first half (everybody seemed amped for Splendora).  I mean really loud.  I think he ran out of steam in the second half.

I looked at my wife when he was coaching the D-Line from up high.  Said, "Man, he's loud".  She just stared back at me.  You know the look.

I peaked at a freshman game in New Caney, it was 0-8 against us in the fourth quarter.  New Caney was backed up to their 10 yard line or so with 3-4 minutes left.  There was no play clock and the New Caney coach knew the refs weren't watching the time between plays.  Lots of parents (maybe 10-15 in the visitor stands) were yelling "DELAY OF GAME, DELAY OF GAME" hoping the refs would listen.  NC ran a running play for a couple yards and clock was running.

My voice carries pretty good.  Its not deep but I can project very loudly without sounding like I am screaming.  I called out the time when they blew the play dead.  Loud.  Every 10 seconds I was yelling "THATS 10 SECONDS!" , "THATS 20 SECONDS!" , "30 SECONDS SINCE THE LAST PLAY", you get the picture.  

Finally, the refs throw the flag, delay of game.  NC ends up punting.  Son's team scores as clock winds down.  Converts the 2pt to tie the game.

I asked my son later "Did you hear me yelling at the end?"  He said "Yeah, Coach asked me if that was my Dad."  

And not to hijack the thread, I just wanted Vidor to know that Huffman has a secret weapon.  Usually disguised as a fat, middle aged man eating nachos in the stands.

15 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

Hey man! That's a good story. Nothing wrong with supporting your team and your son. As long as you keep it PG of course! LOL

4 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

Hey man! That's a good story. Nothing wrong with supporting your team and your son. As long as you keep it PG of course! LOL

I had no choice there, we went to church with the Coach.  I made it a point to never discuss football with him at church.  He may have brought it up if I went overboard though.  

22 minutes ago, Hagar said:

When my son played, I often wondered what my Dr. would think if he knew my blood pressure at the time.  Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 over 200.   😂🤣😂

Exactly. I always find comfort knowing there’s an ambulance at the games just in case I throw a rod. Try being a die hard Lumberton AND Dallas Cowboys fan in a year like this. I’M COMING ELIZABETH!

1 minute ago, LTFALCON said:

OMG brought me back to the Fred Sanford days. Holy balls. Watched all of these episodes over and over. Bahahaha 

Sanford & Son is a Classic Sitcom! Love that show as a kid! They don’t make them like that no more! Too many freakin snowflakes nowadays! The Jefferson’s was another favorite of mine!

All in the Family, Sanford and Son, both great shows.   In a time we could laugh at ourselves.   Notice how few comedians there are now?   PC (which I hate) has made Funny a thing of the past.

But since we have to be serious, High School Football is the best entertainment left.   I think the Falcons - Pirates game will be a fine example of that.   Just hope no injuries and good refs.

It's game day! 

I think I'm going to sit this one out as far as updates go. It's my boys last game playing at Pirate stadium and I might get a little emotional. So, I'm just going to put the phone away, live in the moment, root them on and enjoy.

If someone wants to provide the occasional update for the people of setxsports, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

It's game day! 

I think I'm going to sit this one out as far as updates go. It's my boys last game playing at Pirate stadium and I might get a little emotional. So, I'm just going to put the phone away, live in the moment, root them on and enjoy.

If someone wants to provide the occasional update for the people of setxsports, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Yes indeed, enjoy.

BTW, even though I watched many of the games on livestream, I’d often go to your post to find out what was going on.  Livestream is great, but I sure miss instant replay lol.

You did a really great job, but now your job is to enjoy, and as PA said, relish the moment.