Huffman Hargrave @ Vidor - Senior night 2020

Boneyard Boys

5 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

That's funny because  I've always described the Slot-T as banging your head against the wall. The seopnd half of the last game we ran from the pistol and threw from under center (smh). Slot-T is for little league and we are playing checkers while the other teams are playing chess. We really dont have any talent other than #55

Liberty Hill has won multiple state championships with the slot- t. If it’s ran right you can put up some points. YouTube Liberty Hill an watch them run it. Looks like we’ll oiled machine. They mix up the QB being under center and the shotgun. 

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I have had LHs playbook on video for about 15 years. They did really good before the Slot-T was so common. The Slot-T is a gimmick offense that banks on  defensive miscues. The slot-t has ran its course.

The Huffman defense plays pretty consistent.  

Burned for a couple passes over the top but that gamble has also cost opponents some interceptions and a (2? cant remember) pick six.  

1 hour ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I have had LHs playbook on video for about 15 years. They did really good before the Slot-T was so common. The Slot-T is a gimmick offense that banks on  defensive miscues. The slot-t has ran its course.

Most of your military schools still run it an have beat some big schools with it with a lot less talent. It is what it is I say going back under center With the QB would help.

3 hours ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I dont think its so much the scheme as it is us having a serious lack of talent. 

I see what you're saying about talent but I don't think the two District teams we lost to have a whole lot more Talent than us I just think that we have been getting outcoached. I don't know how you let a 4th and forever get converted with a fake punt. It just didn't get converted it went for a touchdown. If that's not getting outcoached I don't know what is. The one thing I saw Livingston do is what most people here have been talking about is they played their best players both ways. It's not like this is 6a football and you have 20 running backs on the team and three of them run for a hundred yards a game. You have to use what you have and play your best players both ways. These are high school kids and should be in plenty of shape to be able to do that. Just no game plan!!!!

7 hours ago, Self High 5 said:

I see what you're saying about talent but I don't think the two District teams we lost to have a whole lot more Talent than us I just think that we have been getting outcoached. I don't know how you let a 4th and forever get converted with a fake punt. It just didn't get converted it went for a touchdown. If that's not getting outcoached I don't know what is. The one thing I saw Livingston do is what most people here have been talking about is they played their best players both ways. It's not like this is 6a football and you have 20 running backs on the team and three of them run for a hundred yards a game. You have to use what you have and play your best players both ways. These are high school kids and should be in plenty of shape to be able to do that. Just no game plan!!!!

So we lost to Livingston, I’m ok with that they are actually pretty good for once. I was just disappointed in the way the offense looked dead out there. It was the Splendora game that really got me, as you can see they aren’t very good and everyone is now beating them. They blew that one and had they not they’d still be sitting in a good position. Everything you said above really showed in that game but I do think they have realized these issues are a major problem and they are working to fix it. I think you will see even more changes this week, I wish they could have played a full schedule and maybe figured some of this stuff out before district came. Those first 3 games never exposed our weaknesses the way or district opponents have.

In past years, I’ve seen Vidor put up more points in one game than they used to in a whole season.   Surely they can go back and look at the blocking schemes and plays.  Put a few passes in and bam, it works again.   They’ve tried this new snap and it ain’t working.  Put QB under center and let the misdirection begin. 🙏

12 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I would love to see this Slot - Pistol ran with some good runningbacks. I hope not having any runningbacks doesnt stop evolution from happening

That is the problem this yr they need to adjust to there kids they don't have the team speed to get outside with this team the oline is very capable they need to line up wishbone and play smash mouth football Friday night the 1 drive they ran between the tackles was hands down the best drive till qb fumbled

1 hour ago, astros4141078 said:

That is the problem this yr they need to adjust to there kids they don't have the team speed to get outside with this team the oline is very capable they need to line up wishbone and play smash mouth football Friday night the 1 drive they ran between the tackles was hands down the best drive till qb fumbled

I agree if we can't throw the ball then put the big boys on the Oline and lets push some people around with a jumbo package.

One cut an GO NORTH! It drives me nuts seeing these running backs run 15 yards east and west to gain nothing over an over an over again! Make 1 cut an get your 3 yards instead of running a 15 yard sprint to gain nothing! Just getting 3 yards will help the offense stay on schedule an make getting a 1st down more manageable plus save their legs.

14 minutes ago, Realville said:

One cut an GO NORTH! It drives me nuts seeing these running backs run 15 yards east and west to gain nothing over an over an over again! Make 1 cut an get your 3 yards instead of running a 15 yard sprint to gain nothing! Just getting 3 yards will help the offense stay on schedule an make getting a 1st down more manageable plus save their legs.

I am sure it is drilled to these RB's but it seems like the players that do this scrambling are imagining a 3 foot bubble around the defender that if they enter that bubble, they will get tackled. 

Have you seen the tackling out there?

The best RB's that seem to hit the hole and fly are always brushing past arm tackles and whiffs.  Run at 'em and then brush past them!

Vidor seemed to always have kids that ran at the defense.  If you were a bad tackling team, they could run all over you.  

13 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Ok Falcons fans what's the status on the transfer QB who may be eligible to play this week? You guys got a secret weapon to deploy against us?

Starting QB, safety, will return kicks and punts, will be the kicker and the punter, and even hold the clip board during his spare time! I seen him pulling an 18 wheeler uphill both ways in the cold rain last night!  LOL 

Just now, LTFALCON said:

Starting QB, safety, will return kicks and punts, will be the kicker and the punter, and even hold the clip board during his spare time! I seen him pulling an 18 wheeler uphill both ways in the cold rain last night!  LOL 

Son of a..... just our luck! You guys got yourselves a regular Bobby Boucher.

11 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

They probably wont need a secret weapon. The poor defense has gone two seasons without offensive support and that's got to be disheartening . Vidor needs to make #23 the premier running back because he is the only one that doesn't go down when someone breaths on him. I had hope for the FB as he ran hard one game then started playing scared . The TB is just too small & slow (im guessing he is young and suppossed to be the future

Say what you will but that small TB is probably the toughest player on the offensive side of the ball an seems to be the only one that came to play against Livingston. JMO