Galena Park North Shore 55 Beaumont West Brook 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It’s really strange and funny that the most athletic kids out there have been going north of I-10 for the better part of 15 years.  The NS and GP zoning areas are not that far from each other.  

It’s obvious u don’t know the area or about gpisd... all of the athletes live within walking distance of north shore high school , Cunningham and nsms... all three of those schools are walking distance from each other .. although the school has turned predominantly Hispanic north shore is still around 25-30 percent black .. with 4K plus students .. there’s hardly any blacks on the galena park side ... nsms is around 20 percent black and Cunningham is around 50 percent black ... the schools that are zoned gp don’t have hardly any blacks ...most of the blacks that live near gp high are zoned to hisd ... galena park middle and woodland acres middle are nowhere near north shore high , therefor it’s now way those zones can be stretched like that 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So if NS has a lot of Hispanic people and GP has a lot of Hispanic people, how do these elite black athletes end up at MS and NON of them end up at GP?  Non for at least the last 15 years. Make this make sense to me is all I ask. 

Gp and north shore are in two totally different areas .. the high schools are 20 minutes / 10 miles apart ... the black athletes don’t live anywhere near GP... NS is in a newer mostly residential area most of the homes there were built in the 70’s and up ... gp is in an old industrial area .. homes were built mostly in the 40,50,and 60’s  ... there are no new subdivisions in gp’s  area... 

5 hours ago, bayou city 713 said:

Gp and north shore are in two totally different areas .. the high schools are 20 minutes / 10 miles apart ... the black athletes don’t live anywhere near GP... NS is in a newer mostly residential area most of the homes there were built in the 70’s and up ... gp is in an old industrial area .. homes were built mostly in the 40,50,and 60’s  ... there are no new subdivisions in gp’s  area... 

so newer residential areas means the top of the line athletes, huh?  That’s the logic?  CE king area has many new growth and newer homes and they can’t field a team to come close to beating NS.  Lots of new growth and developments in Baytown right down the street and I haven’t seen elite NS type athletes in any of their schools in like 20 years. Channelview as well, right down the street.  But you see the world class athletes just so happen to end up at NSHS. But if that’s the logic, then cool.  Not hating, but just calling it like EVERYONE sees it (excluding the NS peeps).  🤷🏾‍♂️

Like in Beaumont.  You’ll have an elite athlete or two that pops up at  West Brook.  You’ll see a few pop up at Central, and a few pop up at Ozen. In Port Arthur, 15 minutes away, you see some elite athletes pop up there too.  You’ll never see all the Beaumont or Beaumont area athletes pop up at one school. Silsbee, also 15 minutes away had the fastest kid in the state there. We produce these kinds of athletes but they’ll never just end up at one school even though the schools are not far from each other.  If you like, I can give names of these elite athletes that I’m talking about, but I’m sure you know who I’m talking about...

14 hours ago, Yeoj said:

That's rich coming from someone who lives where? LMAO... And when did BISD become an open enrollment district?

Its called taking courses that's not offered at WB!!! a few of WB players live outside of the WB zone so if they came to BU and stop following the smoke screen BU would BE just fine!!!

35 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

If we’re really here in the best interest of the kid, just open the district and let a kid pick which HS they want to go to. Why keep a football and/or basketball player hostage at a school they don’t want to be at because their parents live on a certain side of a particular highway? 

Do one better and just have one Highschool?

On 10/26/2020 at 5:47 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

so newer residential areas means the top of the line athletes, huh?  That’s the logic?  CE king area has many new growth and newer homes and they can’t field a team to come close to beating NS.  Lots of new growth and developments in Baytown right down the street and I haven’t seen elite NS type athletes in any of their schools in like 20 years. Channelview as well, right down the street.  But you see the world class athletes just so happen to end up at NSHS. But if that’s the logic, then cool.  Not hating, but just calling it like EVERYONE sees it (excluding the NS peeps).  🤷🏾‍♂️

I agree with you about C. E. King- especially when top athletes move to North Shore.
FYI- Zach Evans (RB) was in Sheldon ISD in seventh grade.   

51 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

brook, brook, brook, west brook

Bruins may need to see if someone in Sound Power can play defense.

Brook will be fine. Very young inexperienced team and their non district schedule was brutal. With 20 new starters out of a possible 22, bumps and bruises were expected. By the way I haven’t seen a defense this year yet that hasn’t given up 50 or more to Tomball Memorial or North Shore. West Brook season will be determined over the next 4 weeks. 

6 hours ago, jag86 said:

Its called taking courses that's not offered at WB!!! a few of WB players live outside of the WB zone so if they came to BU and stop following the smoke screen BU would BE just fine!!!

Lmao... Yeah if you say so. Sounds like you want WB to be held to the BISD "zoning" rules while United can get kids from all over the city. That's very hypocritical of you. Lmao...

On 10/25/2020 at 1:58 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

It’s really strange and funny that the most athletic kids out there have been going north of I-10 for the better part of 15 years.  The NS and GP zoning areas are not that far from each other.  

Similar to Travis High School and Lake Travis High School.  This happens all over the place.

This is the hidden content, please