Port Neches-Groves 22 Nederland 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Officials nitpicked PNG the entire game. I don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone claiming the officiating was against Nederland. That last penalty was significant, but the officials were AWFUL all night, and Nederland benefitted from it as well. In the end, PNG made one more play. That's almost always how this game goes. And as poorly as PNG tackled, Nederland had plenty of chances to score. 

Significant? Game changing. One more play? Gifted by the “significant” call. 

4 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Significant? Game changing. One more play? Gifted by the “significant” call. 

Even the announcers on texanlive said that penalty was impossible to miss. It's not like the refs are required to keep their flags in their pocket with an obvious penalty just because it's a game changer. 

You really can’t say the officiating was one sided towards nederland...the last flag was extremely late and thrown by the back judge who was 20 yards away when 2 officials on that side threw nothing...as with most games, many factors led to the outcome, most not to do with officials, but I can’t sit here and listen to png gripe about calls .  Another game changing example was the late hit on our QB that causes him to miss nearly 2 full quarters...that’s impactful.

entertaining game...congrats to png on the outcome 

Great HS football game by both teams.  As usual, it came down to a handful of plays.  Can't say enough great things about Blake Bost slinging the ball around the yard and leading his team to overcome a 14-0 deficit.  PN-G outscoring Ned 22-7 is not because of the referees.  The PN-G TE made the catch of a lifetime.  Good job.  Congrats to all of the kids for playing your ass off and giving the fans a great game.  Tip of the cap to Ned, nice field and terrific RB #10.  Glad PN-G grabbed a TO and made some plays to get a W.  Now, fist bump to the Ned fans, back to social distancing, and see you next year.

Go Indians.  Peace.

10 minutes ago, Razor said:

You really can’t say the officiating was one sided towards nederland...the last flag was extremely late and thrown by the back judge who was 20 yards away when 2 officials on that side threw nothing...as with most games, many factors led to the outcome, most not to do with officials, but I can’t sit here and listen to png gripe about calls .  Another game changing example was the late hit on our QB that causes him to miss nearly 2 full quarters...that’s impactful.

It was an entertaining game. You hate to see someone lose it. See ya’ll next year and good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, outanup said:

The difference was the back to back fumbles.. and losing the last one. That’s not on Barrow. Too many potential interceptions right through our hands.... actually Faircloth played keep away like Neumann did.... Hats off to the injuns, we had our chances, and didn’t capitalize.

This is the truth.  I've never seen a kicker swing momentum like that, busts a FG then pops an incredible inside kick

34 minutes ago, Spiccoli35 said:

Nah, pure unadulterated luck. Cunningham get mauled on the second drive with that calculated wrap up late tackle. One in a thousand on-side kick....Joke! If I was a PNG fan or grad I’d be embarrassed. Gtfo

If PNG should be embarrassed, how should Nederland feel? Give me a break, it was a hard fought, good game, and someone has to lose. I’d say both teams should be proud. 

6 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

This is the truth.  I've never seen a kicker swing momentum like that, busts a FG then pops an incredible inside kick

Yep he deserves alot of credit as well...here's my question and it actually goes back to the 2nd quarter after the PN-G score that made it 14-9 Nederland...the Bulldogs still had two time outs and a minute and a half to work with why not take a couple of shots downfield and see what happens? Instead we run out the clock. When Neumann was here i was used to seeing Faircloth make boneheaded decisions. I think Barrow has spent the last few years getting an education at bonehead university.

5 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Yep he deserves alot of credit as well...here's my question and it actually goes back to the 2nd quarter after the PN-G score that made it 14-9 Nederland...the Bulldogs still had two time outs and a minute and a half to work with why not take a couple of shots downfield and see what happens? Instead we run out the clock. When Neumann was here i was used to seeing Faircloth make boneheaded decisions. I think Barrow has spent the last few years getting an education at bonehead university.

The backup Qb, who is a strong runner, but hasn't had the reps in the passing game, so with Ned getting the 2nd half KO, I understand the calls there

2 hours ago, Spiccoli35 said:

The better team lost, hands down. Sign of the the times, like the late, great PRINCE would say!

Im sorry I just reviewed the score and I believe  it was PN-G 22 Nederland 21. Or did I miss something? Maybe there is some other way than the final score to determine the better team?

8 hours ago, Razor said:

The last flag was no later than the one called on our #7 for offensive PI when he had already caught the ball and been tackled before the ref threw the flag. 

Can anyone really sit here and say our # 23 wasn't interfered with? He was knocked to the ground with the ball in the air before it even got to him. What about the non call two plays before that when #1 was bear hugging #10 in the end zone on the back shoulder throw? 

The officials really tried to make the game about them but in the end it was another hard fought game. 

Also the RB from Nederland is the most impressive player I have seen this year. 

8 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Im sorry I just reviewed the score and I believe  it was PN-G 22 Nederland 21. Or did I miss something? Maybe there is some other way than the final score to determine the better team?

Here’s the truth, the player that took out the QB way after the play was over. Is that something to be proud of. Is that the way you want to win. I understand officiating was horrible and we fumbled the ball but for the kid to continue on with the play well after it was over, was obvious what he was trying to do. Oh my how different this would have been if it was the other way around. I would be sick to my stomach if one of our boys hurt Bost like that. Also for them not to throw a flag on that play. WOW. Enjoy your win

Edited by NedNRed
Shouldn’t have put players number

Your usual Nederland vs PNG game down to the wire

however it does not look like either team can beat BH and Crosby this year. They could possibly come in 3rd and 4th, if they can beat Dayton, KP, Santa Fe, and TC

i think PNG can, but I don’t know about Nederland. Whoever comes in 4th will be one and done in the playoffs

if you look at Barrow’s record since he took over, it is not impressive and PNG will never play defense as long as Faircloth is there

21 minutes ago, NedNRed said:

Here’s the truth, 53 took out the QB way after the play was over. Is that something to be proud of. Is that the way you want to win. I understand officiating was horrible and we fumbled the ball but for the kid to continue on with the play well after it was over, was obvious what he was trying to do. Oh my how different this would have been if it was the other way around. I would be sick to my stomach if one of our boys hurt Bost like that. Also for them not to throw a flag on that play. WOW. Enjoy your win

You really think he tried to hurt him? That is plain ridiculous. I guess when #1 hit Bost all the way on the track that was ok because Bost wasn't hurt. #53 should have been penalized but to everyone acting like it was a calculated move to take the QB out I have some tin foil for you. 

25 minutes ago, NedNRed said:

Here’s the truth, 53 took out the QB way after the play was over. Is that something to be proud of. Is that the way you want to win. I understand officiating was horrible and we fumbled the ball but for the kid to continue on with the play well after it was over, was obvious what he was trying to do. Oh my how different this would have been if it was the other way around. I would be sick to my stomach if one of our boys hurt Bost like that. Also for them not to throw a flag on that play. WOW. Enjoy your win

Just enjoying this beautiful sat morning, but the glare of the sun off our trophy is giving me a headache! But no worse of what I’m getting from listening to this BS! #53 should have been flagged but wasn’t and it’s unfortunate! It changes nothing! Here’s the truth, Cunningham and his team haven’t beat this group to date! Gtfoh! 
Don’t fumble how about that and play disciplined football that may help! And good lawd don’t give the other team a time out on 4th and goal when the play clock is about to get em!