Huffman Hargrave 22 Splendora 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

22-7 huffman wins. 

they did open it up in the second half a little. Splendora scored on a Hail Mary to make it 14-7. The onside kick bounced, HH kid jumped up, snagged it and ran in a TD to make it 20-7. 2pt conversion run and its 22-7. Splendora was done with 1:42 left in game. 

Huffman put a lid on the best RB in the district and played with their big dogs up front.  Played big when it mattered. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to Huffman Hargrave 22 Splendora 7/FINAL
On 10/23/2020 at 9:45 PM, texbuzz said:

22-7 huffman wins. 

they did open it up in the second half a little. Splendora scored on a Hail Mary to make it 14-7. The onside kick bounced, HH kid jumped up, snagged it and ran in a TD to make it 20-7. 2pt conversion run and its 22-7. Splendora was done with 1:42 left in game. 

Huffman put a lid on the best RB in the district and played with their big dogs up front.  Played big when it mattered. 

I’m sure they will do the same to Vidor next week, put the bigs up front and sell out to stop the run.

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’m sure they will do the same to Vidor next week, put the bigs up front and sell out to stop the run.

I remember when Crosby did that last year and Vidor beat them 37-27.   Maybe someone needs to watch the film from that game and see what the Pirates Offense did.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:48 PM, Boneyard Boys said:

Huffman doesn't have a lot of big kids to work with up front.  The defense is disciplined and flows to the ball well.  Tackles well also. 

I've seen every Huffman game and they haven't faced a gunslinger at QB all year.  They won't see one with Vidor either.  I do think Vidor has the best offense to deal with the Huffman speed on defense.  Vidor will get yards on the ground.  

I am probably the biggest fan of Vidor's offensive scheme outside of Vidor.  It takes the right kind of weapons to consistently win with that offense and I don't think this is the year.  Vidor's scheme is not common at 5A and 6A but it is nothing new for 4A defensive coordinators.  They have seen it, and schemed against it pretty often.

I think the district championship will be decided with Livingston at home next week but I am most excited about this weeks game.  

8 hours ago, texbuzz said:

Huffman doesn't have a lot of big kids to work with up front.  The defense is disciplined and flows to the ball well.  Tackles well also. 

I've seen every Huffman game and they haven't faced a gunslinger at QB all year.  They won't see one with Vidor either.  I do think Vidor has the best offense to deal with the Huffman speed on defense.  Vidor will get yards on the ground.  

I am probably the biggest fan of Vidor's offensive scheme outside of Vidor.  It takes the right kind of weapons to consistently win with that offense and I don't think this is the year.  Vidor's scheme is not common at 5A and 6A but it is nothing new for 4A defensive coordinators.  They have seen it, and schemed against it pretty often.

I think the district championship will be decided with Livingston at home next week but I am most excited about this weeks game.  

It should be a good one, hopefully we can get the passing game worked out. I just hope the boys show up and give it all they have on Senior night.