Livingston 21 Vidor 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, BattlinBear02 said:

So what has happened in Livingston?! Talk about a turn around! I have a bad feeling my Battlin' Bears may receive a trip to the woodshed next Fri, courtesy of the lions 

Livingston is legit, imo. They moved the ball well and got alot of yardage from via the screen pass and their WRs are quick and hard to bring down. Turnovers killed us, and they seemed to all happen deep in their territory. 

28 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Livingston is legit, imo. They moved the ball well and got alot of yardage from via the screen pass and their WRs are quick and hard to bring down. Turnovers killed us, and they seemed to all happen deep in their territory. 

I’m by no means discounting Orangefield. But if Livingston is legit they aren’t needing OT to beat them. Or barely beating Madisonville. No doubt they are better than what they have been. But I wouldn’t put them as a legit team.

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Practice for what? Band Competition? They can’t practice on the football field? 

Good grief...

All of the bands look rusty. Not playing and marching every week is killing them. 

Don't you need to go cry with your fellow Lumberton fans? Looks like y'all are finishing in last place.

I don't know what you're problem with me is, cuz. Quit being a sore loser and scram!

11 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m by no means discounting Orangefield. But if Livingston is legit they aren’t needing OT to beat them. Or barely beating Madisonville. No doubt they are better than what they have been. But I wouldn’t put them as a legit team.

Yeah, 'legit' is probably too strong of a word to describe them. They're good and beat us in pretty much in every phase. Hell, our lone points were from a blocked punt in garbage time.

I don't know where to start this team is better than they are showing. We are the only team in Southeast Texas to get worse as the season has went on. It is really hard to watch this week after week the defense has played well all year but the offense don't have a clue, I think it is safe to say our project at qb didnt work this year. I feel bad for the seniors knowing that there senior season is going down the drain because our coaches are to dumb to adjust all season 

We must have had a dozen sacks and TFLs, the defensive line really stepped up and played hard. But too many times on 3rd and long or 4th and a mile we would have a bad break or defensive breakdown. Not to mention the refs bailing them out with bad calls at crucial times. If you’re looking for a bright side I’d look to that group to continue playing well and keep us in games but the offense has to come around. The season isn’t lost just yet if we can win these last two some crazy things could happen. They just gotta show up and play as a damn team.

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

All of the bands look rusty. Not playing and marching every week is killing them. 

Don't you need to go cry with your fellow Lumberton fans? Looks like y'all are finishing in last place.

I don't know what you're problem with me is, cuz. Quit being a sore loser and scram!

My problem wasn’t with you necessarily, but the comment about the band. Post your band comments on the band thread. It has nothing to do with Lumberton losing like Livingston has done for years. If the bands look rusty, maybe they should practice on the field when the football athletes are done with it. Because it’s a football field. It’s where football games are played. 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

My problem wasn’t with you necessarily, but the comment about the band. Post your band comments on the band thread. It has nothing to do with Lumberton losing like Livingston has done for years. If the bands look rusty, maybe they should practice on the field when the football athletes are done with it. Because it’s a football field. It’s where football games are played. 

Nah, you could have just said there was a band thread. No one else had a problem with the comment. No one here was talking to you, so miss me with that. 

And bands are a big part of Friday.

it's a general statement about bands, period. not just Livingston. They all look rusty. All the bands have lost half of their performances and I feel bad for them.

Why don't you keep me out your threads and I do the same?

I've left you Lumberton people alone to wallow in your misery the past few weeks. Y'all, who dared accused us of trying to use weather to get a forfeit from the high and mighty Lumberton Raiders because we were so scared to play you. 

16 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Nah, you could have just said there was a band thread. No one else had a problem with the comment. No one here was talking to you, so miss me with that. 

And bands are a big part of Friday.

it's a general statement about bands, period. not just Livingston. They all look rusty. All the bands have lost half of their performances and I feel bad for them.

Why don't you keep me out your threads and I do the same?

I've left you Lumberton people alone to wallow in your misery the past few weeks. Y'all, who dared accused us of trying to use weather to get a forfeit from the high and mighty Lumberton Raiders because we were so scared to play you. 

Blah blah blah vomit. Public forum. I have the privilege to post on this thread. If it was relegated to just Livingston folks, there wouldn’t be many posts on here. I haven’t said anything bad about Livingston. I praised them. Regarding football that is.

But in the spirit of goodwill, I’ll start over:
Hey guys, good job on the win over Vidor. The improvement for Livingston is amazing. Regarding the band stuff, I know it’s super duper important to the success of the football team, but you may want to send those comments over to the band forum. What’s that? You didn’t know there was a band forum? Well sure there is! Only nobody ever posts in the band forum cuz nobody cares. Do I like the band? Of course I do, silly! They provide the background music while I’m taking a leak and getting my nachos!

If your band sucks, tell them to practice more after school or on the weekends during non-football times. 
Btw, if the band was such an integral part of the game, why were they left at home? Because they don’t have to be there to play the game. 

53 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Blah blah blah vomit. Public forum. I have the privilege to post on this thread. If it was relegated to just Livingston folks, there wouldn’t be many posts on here. I haven’t said anything bad about Livingston. I praised them. Regarding football that is.

Hey guys, good job on the win over Vidor. The improvement for Livingston is amazing. Regarding the band stuff, I know it’s super duper important to the success of the football team, but you may want to send those comments over to the band forum. What’s that? You didn’t know there was a band forum? Well sure there is! Only nobody ever posts in the band forum cuz nobody cares. Do I like the band? Of course I do, silly! They provide the background music while I’m taking a leak and getting my nachos!

If your band sucks, tell them to practice more after school or on the weekends during non-football times. 
Btw, if the band was such an integral part of the game, why were they left at home? Because they don’t have to be there to play the game. 

Now if the band would have been there, I’m sure it would have pulled us through. We would have definitely beat Livingston, they are an unstoppable farce.

17 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yall gonna make the playoffs?

Big question mark.  I’ve seen two different Vidor teams.  They can  play with most anyone when the “I want to win” Vidor team shows up, and the other team, “What are we doing here?”, can’t seem to play with anyone.  At Livingston, they didn’t Pop out of the huddle to the line.  Was that planned?   Didn’t appear to have enthusiasm.   There must be something going on behind the scenes.  Hope they (Coaches?  Players? Whoever) gets it squared away.   They have the Horsepower, someone just needs to hit the gas pedal.   Sure you’ve seen the same thing at PAM on occasions.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Big question mark.  I’ve seen two different Vidor teams.  They can  play with most anyone when the “I want to win” Vidor team shows up, and the other team, “What are we doing here?”, can’t seem to play with anyone.  At Livingston, they didn’t Pop out of the huddle to the line.  Was that planned?   Didn’t appear to have enthusiasm.   There must be something going on behind the scenes.  Hope they (Coaches?  Players? Whoever) gets it squared away.   They have the Horsepower, someone just needs to hit the gas pedal.   Sure you’ve seen the same thing at PAM on occasions.

Yup I've seen it, we're also 5-0 currently though and play our best in the 2nd half. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hopefully some of yalls fans don't start doing like a currently banned Huffman fan was doing few weeks ago. 😁

24 minutes ago, SeTX_PLMR said:

After this disappointing season is it safe to say that Matthews is coming back next year?  Or is his time up in Vidor 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

He will leave whenever he's ready to leave in my opinion. I think he retires there. 

Still in a weak 4A division, Vidor will be fine and in the playoffs almost every year going forward. They will make it this year, so you could argue that it will not be a disappointing season. Although I agree that it has been up to this point. 

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

You're insufferable.