Orangefield 22 Bridge City 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 hours ago, TxHoops said:

What it’s looking like.  Battle of the two teams with the best coaches in SETX for that Slot T offense.  

Sad to say that may be true with Vidor running a form of it out of the pistol but it isn’t necessarily working. We aren’t Liberty Hill, we don’t pass well enough to do what they do. The Pirates would still beat BC and OF in my opinion, so your statement is debatable. Also HJ with Dubois is probably the best slot-t coach in my mind.

@BOBKAT'88is laughing I wander which point he disagrees with? Maybe old BOB will enlighten us...

49 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Sad to say that may be true with Vidor running a form of it out of the pistol but it isn’t necessarily working. We aren’t Liberty Hill, we don’t pass well enough to do what they do. The Pirates would still beat BC and OF in my opinion, so your statement is debatable. Also HJ with Dubois is probably the best slot-t coach in my mind.

@BOBKAT'88is laughing I wander which point he disagrees with? Maybe old BOB will enlighten us...

Well old BOB doesn’t necessarily agree with your assessment that Vidor would win hands down playing against OF or any other team in our district not unless they change things around drastically.  Respectfully so I think it would be a good game to play them.  

11 minutes ago, BOBKAT'88 said:

Well old BOB doesn’t necessarily agree with your assessment that Vidor would win hands down playing against OF or any other team in our district not unless they change things around drastically.  Respectfully so I think it would be a good game to play them.  

I can agree with that BOB, I just think it would be hard for another team that runs something similar to beat us. What do you think about Dubois, he was at Vidor (OC) then head coach at BC and now at HJ so he has the most experience in spreading the offense throughout the area. I do think he is a very good and experienced offensive mind. The slot-t even made its way to LCM and Lumberton for a short time.

To run this offense effectively you have to sell the misdirection plays.  OF has gotten away from that from what we were years ago.  I can remember not too long ago that our plays were blown dead on a regular basis when the refs would mistakenly think that our ball carrier was tackled when in fact he was thirty yards downfield.  We lost to Franklin last year and they were very good selling the fake hand offs etc.. and had us in a total state of confusion.  When two teams meet that run the Slot-T ..... usually the winner will be who is best at selling misdirection and keeping the defense guessing 

17 minutes ago, BOBKAT'88 said:

To run this offense effectively you have to sell the misdirection plays.  OF has gotten away from that from what we were years ago.  I can remember not too long ago that our plays were blown dead on a regular basis when the refs would mistakenly think that our ball carrier was tackled when in fact he was thirty yards downfield.  We lost to Franklin last year and they were very good selling the fake hand offs etc.. and had us in a total state of confusion.  When two teams meet that run the Slot-T ..... usually the winner will be who is best at selling misdirection and keeping the defense guessing 

Or one of the Slot Teams can also run the spread and throw the ball . We are blessed with that ability this year.

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Regardless of outcome in a head to head, I don’t know many (if anyone), who would not take Smalley over Mathews value-wise.   

In fact, based upon what Vidor pays Mathews...