TABC Pre Season State Rankings

From what I been hearing the question would be better if it was how many is fannett receiving.  They a good team and a good coach but seems to me a lot of people think they are recruiting.  Southesttxsports is right about Lumberton.  They gonna play hard and battle.  I heard that the coach and Brock might even be a package deal to Lamar.  The other coaches in that district better hope so!!!  I got friends who went to lcm and they are good poeple but lcm always just seems to be mediocre in everything.  

51 minutes ago, Roy Orbison said:

My question about Fannett and Lumberton was about State Rankings. I transitioned to the Lumberton LCM district. Just wondering about the area in general as far as new players vs returners.

H-F returns basically their entire team plus two scorers. One was on JV and probably the best player in the school because of transfer rules and the other is transfering into the school. They will be really good, but not being early ranked is fair. They will be by mid season

3 minutes ago, Cardinal 1 said:

H-F returns basically their entire team plus two scorers. One was on JV and probably the best player in the school because of transfer rules and the other is transfering into the school. They will be really good, but not being early ranked is fair. They will be by mid season

H-F is using the transfer portal to bring in players ??? 

5 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

H-F is using the transfer portal to bring in players ??? 

Well only one kid played JV that was supposed to be on varsity so I would assume the other kids live in the district. The one coming this year was at a private charter school and lives in H-F district. His dad works at the charter school

2 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Is this normal around the area? I can't remember when it was common to opening talk about transfers. Only time I have every heard of it is people talking about Yates.

2 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

Well only one kid played JV that was supposed to be on varsity so I would assume the other kids live in the district. The one coming this year was at a private charter school and lives in H-F district. His dad works at the charter school

You wouldn't be talking about Tekoa are you?

I'm wondering what's going on.  The usual squawking from usually quiet places at the beginning of the season.  Once the Ws and or Ls start rolling in things quiet down.  But, this is an unusual season and year, to say the least.  No tournaments, no showcases.  Harder to shake out the wannas from the gonnas. No one really knows how the pandemic will help or hinder one team or another.  Have to wait & see how this plays out.

Edited by Kountzer

On 10/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, aTmfan06 said:

Been a little while since Kountze has been on there... but another 2 years and I think the lions will have a run or two. They have a really good group in 8th grade this year.

Yes they do. They were absolutely destroying people last year as 7 th graders!! 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, Elvis Presley said:

From what I been hearing the question would be better if it was how many is fannett receiving.  They a good team and a good coach but seems to me a lot of people think they are recruiting.  Southesttxsports is right about Lumberton.  They gonna play hard and battle.  I heard that the coach and Brock might even be a package deal to Lamar.  The other coaches in that district better hope so!!!  I got friends who went to lcm and they are good poeple but lcm always just seems to be mediocre in everything.  

McClure is a nice player.  But let’s not get silly.   Lamar was his first offer and he took it.  We aren’t talking about a package deal type player (ala Ok St hiring Cade Cunningham’s brother or Missouri hiring Michael Porter He’s dad).  If Mitchell got a job it would definitely be on his own merit. 

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

Yes they do. They were absolutely destroying people last year as 7 th graders!! 

And that was without a kid that’s pretty good that played in Lumberton last season. Him and his older brother are back in Kountze. His older brother will be a freshman this year. He played at HJ last year.