2A

#8 Tenaha

#10 Gary

#23 Timpson

1A

#14 Leggett

UIL has Shadow Creek ranked in 5A, but they are in 6A Region 3, District 23

7 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

If they are giving Silsbee respect with a young team #10, why are they disrespecting a veteran HJ team at #14. Carter should be ranked ahead of Stafford. 

That is what I am getting at.  Must be respect from the last 5 years or so.  Nothing else to base that on as far as this year goes......at least not yet.

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

That is what I am getting at.  Must be respect from the last 5 years or so.  Nothing else to base that on as far as this year goes......at least not yet.

TABC is right close by in Sugar Land.  They heard about the city wide tournament.  They get feed back from the AAU coaches.  Some of them may be AAU coaches.  They also know Silsbee should have been in the final rankings from last season.  All of that factors in.  Silsbee is a name that always shows up year in, year out.  Deccade in Decade out.   

Besides this is just the first rankings.  It will all straighten itself out.  Having said that I am surprised Silsbee is ranked ahead of H-J myself.   I was expecting Carter to make noise in the playoffs last season.  Then they lost to Paris early.  I think it was in the first round.

1 minute ago, Kountzer said:

TABC is right close by in Sugar Land.  They heard about the city wide tournament.  They get feed back from the AAU coaches.  Some of them may be AAU coaches.  They also know Silsbee should have been in the final rankings from last season.  All of that factors in.  Silsbee is a name that always shows up year in, year out.  Deccade in Decade out.   

Besides this is just the first rankings.  It will all straighten itself out.  Having said that I am surprised Silsbee is ranked ahead of H-J myself.   I was expecting Carter to make noise in the playoffs last season.  Then they lost to Paris early.  I think it was in the first round.

So they make their rankings based upon 8th grade tournaments and commentaries from AAU coaches?

4 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I don't think you understand how TABC works.

Trust me, they don't use AAU as a source for their rankings.

25 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Paris 72 - Carter 63 was in the Regional Semi-Finals

4 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Paris 72 - Carter 63 was in the Regional Semi-Finals

Perhaps so.  I was shocked.  Usually those Dallas & Dallas area teams in that district handle those East Texas teams like Paris, and Center.  Every dog has his day. (just a figure of speech Paris fans).

On 10/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, BH85 said:

Should make for a fun district

#4 Beaumont United

#8 PA Memorial

#10 Crosby

Yeah the fight for 2nd, 3rd and 4th will be fun. United going undefeated in that district with maybe 1 or 2 games that's close because they're bored that night.