So y'all think this Mustangs te is for real this year what your thoughts

Stangfan#1

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I mean, they did score the most points on y’all thus which is something that I noticed...

They scored 10. If people want to count the last TD + 2 point conversion against our backups with seconds left in the game thats fine. It was on the scoreboard, so fair play. But in the context of the game this was a 4 score game with Carthage not executing very well.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, true.  WO-S is a good team.  But IMO, you need to be a little more than good to take those guys down.  Especially playoff time.  It would be good to see them lose to y’all.  Carthage been the boogie man in the region for years..

Now Souljal you know good and well we have that physical speed.lol 

Sorry folks, newsflash: All this Carthage/WO-S talk is probably moot. According to my simulated bracket Carthage loses in first round, Silsbee defeats Jasper for region III title then goes on to avenge earlier loss to Pleasant Grove for championship. So if you're not a Silsbee fan, sorry, but I ran it four times and that's how it shakes out.

7 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

Sorry folks, newsflash: All this Carthage/WO-S talk is probably moot. According to my simulated bracket Carthage loses in first round, Silsbee defeats Jasper for region III title then goes on to avenge earlier loss to Pleasant Grove for championship. So if you're not a Silsbee fan, sorry, but I ran it four times and that's how it shakes out.

Which version is your simulator? Mine has Jasper over gilmer in the SC

I've seen them both play twice. And w.o is the only team that can beat them. Im not saying that they are.still don't know yet if they are gonna meet.what w.o had on defense will give them problems.and #2 rb will have to have a big game. But Carthage DBs aren't that impressive at all.they will catch the blues from #6 from w.o.either way it will be a one score game.and ill be willing to put money on it.just like w.o hands will be full.so is carthage hands will be full also. They both are loaded.looking at who played who want matter.

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The only team that can beat Carthage is WO-S. The Mustangs have the make up of a team to beat Carthage.

Jasper had their chance. Carthage is just better. Same result if they were to meet again.

I was there .Jasper refuse to work on there passing game. Carthage brought more ppl than they could block.the penalties was a huge factor too.jasper has to do something to take the pressure off #34.the kid is a beast!! but he was having to duck and dodge too many ppl in the backfield. And play calls were to transparent. 

On 10/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, Dawgs12345 said:

Carthage vs WO-S is for the state title this year. Winner of that game wins it all. I know I should be humble and say “any given Friday”, but let’s just be real. Carthage has steam rolled basically the top 5 in DII with the exception of WO-S. If any team is going to keep Carthage from dropping down and dominating DII it’s gonna be up to the Mustangs to do it. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Everybody has a ton of respect for WO-S and fans have followed them closely over the years, especially on that run from 2014-2017. Always liked watching them play. We have some history from 2013. That was a hell of a game, and TBH that was for the state title. That was the best team Carthage saw in the playoffs that year. And then the next 4 years WO-S went and played in the state championship game.

But if and when that game happens, it’s going to be a defensive battle. I know WO-S is known for their D, but Carthage has had arguably the best D in the state 3 out of the last 4 years. It’s just that they don’t get as much credit because of Surratt’s offense. I think it will be a fairly low scoring game.

2013 was weird. The wind was like 27 mph. Worst wind conditions I've ever seen. The game was understandably sloppy for both side.

As for Carthage fans being arrogant, don't let a small sample size of fans fool you. Truth is, we hear this EVERY year. Does WOS have the best shot? Yes, bit Carthage takes this. 

4 out of 5 games have been against top 10 teams at the time. This dawg D is real. 

13 hours ago, dj said:

They both are loaded.looking at who played who want matter.

I disagree. 
Carthage:

Opponents and current rankings

12 Kilgore by 3 scores

6 Gilmer by 4 scores 

3 PG by 4 scores 

10 Center by 4 scores

11 Jasper by 3 scores

You think WOS is getting the same prep facing HF, HJ, OF, Liberty, Bridge City? Not no, but Hell no. WOS doesn’t have the choice of who their district opponents are...they can’t help their schedule. But I think facing better teams and coaches makes YOU an even better team in the end. Hoping for a WOS win, but I left my rose colored glasses in the truck. 

32 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I disagree. 
Carthage:

12 Kilgore by 3 scores

6 Gilmer by 4 scores 

3 PG by 4 scores 

10 Center by 4 scores

11 Jasper by 3 scores

You think WOS is getting the same prep facing HF, HJ, OF, Liberty, Bridge City? Not no, but Hell no. WOS doesn’t have the choice of who their district opponents are...they can’t help their schedule. But I think facing better teams and coaches makes YOU an even better team in the end. Hoping for a WOS win, but I left my rose colored glasses in the truck. 

Not sure where you got the rankings from. But I agree, definitely different levels of competition.

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Not sure where you got the rankings from. But I agree, definitely different levels of competition.

Well drummer, I kinda made them up. Lol. And no disrespect intended. I would cut a backflip if WOS comes out on top. I’m just reality based. Time will tell. I hope I’m wrong. 

42 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I disagree. 
Carthage:

12 Kilgore by 3 scores

6 Gilmer by 4 scores 

3 PG by 4 scores 

10 Center by 4 scores

11 Jasper by 3 scores

WOS played mostly similar opponents when they won state a few years ago. District opponents are what they are. We played a much tougher non district schedule than Sealy yet we still lost by 3, so scheduling doesn’t factor as much as you think. Also WOS wouldn’t see them till the Regional Finals.

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well drummer, I kinda made them up. Lol. And no disrespect intended. I would cut a backflip if WOS comes out on top. I’m just reality based. Time will tell. I hope I’m wrong. 

That's the smashmouth style I'd expect from you, my friend. Be careful when you start doing those backflips.

2 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

WOS played mostly similar opponents when they won state a few years ago. District opponents are what they are. We played a much tougher non district schedule than Sealy yet we still lost by 3, so scheduling doesn’t factor as much as you think. Also WOS wouldn’t see them till the Regional Finals.

I agree. I think the team that we had in 2018 was our best in a long time and other than WOS, we went undefeated during the regular season without playing anyone. If Montavien Hunt would have stayed 100% healthy, we would have had a real shot at winning the whole thing. 

I know the deal with if and buts very well because there's always something with our team, but he was a gamebreaker unlike few that we've ever had in Jasper. WOS knows that from the first meeting when he went nuts on them. WOS was a lot better when we met the second time, so that wouldn't have happened twice, but he would have made a difference.  

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I disagree. 
Carthage:

12 Kilgore by 3 scores

6 Gilmer by 4 scores 

3 PG by 4 scores 

10 Center by 4 scores

11 Jasper by 3 scores

I agree with dj.The level of competition in some cases will raise it's ugly head if that team is really not that good.You hear it every year someone saying a team has not played anyone .For good teams though it means absolutely nothing.Wos went to state 4 times playing basically the same teams they playing now.Not say WOS is better than Carthage...just saying they both are pretty good.