So y'all think this Mustangs te is for real this year what your thoughts

Stangfan#1

15 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

True I believe that given a 2nd opportunity Jasper will knock them off!! Go Bulldogs from a Coldspring Trojan!!

I know you guys have a soft spot for the Barbays there in Coldspring. I've said for the past few days that we'd have to make some big adjustments to be able to beat them. 

Go Trojans!

19 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

WOS too busy thinking about Liberty and they AIN'T got time for nothing else. Are the Mustang's the real deal time will tell? The defense is much quicker than the 15-16 team imo. Big boys on defense from opposing teams will tire quickly running after our backs we do have enough to go around..

I can’t testify to speed, but WOS was shutting everybody out in 16 until they gave up a safety to Silsbee (holding in the end zone on a 98 yard touchdown that was called back). I’m just not seeing that same level of defensive domination. I blame the name change. 

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I know you guys have a soft spot for the Barbays there in Coldspring. I've said for the past few days that we'd have to make some big adjustments to be able to beat them. 

Go Trojans!

Thanks we do!! Thanks for rooting us on!! We don’t like Carthage since we lost to them in 2010 state championship. There team had 2 times more players than Coldspring. Fans are arrogant too. 

25 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Thanks we do!! Thanks for rooting us on!! We don’t like Carthage since we lost to them in 2010 state championship. There team had 2 times more players than Coldspring. Fans are arrogant too. 

Winning does that to fan bases sometimes. They weren't doing anything before Surratt got there and he probably won't be there forever. Football karma will bite them in the butt eventually. 

Carthage is, and has been, so dominating, I’d love to see WOS or Jasper take them down.  But, Imo, it’ll take a combination of 110% effort, luck and Carthage having a really bad game (fumbles, interceptions, crucial missed tackles).   They are that good.  But beating them isn’t impossible.

7 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Carthage is, and has been, so dominating, I’d love to see WOS or Jasper take them down.  But, Imo, it’ll take a combination of 110% effort, luck and Carthage having a really bad game (fumbles, interceptions, crucial missed tackles).   They are that good.  But beating them isn’t impossible.

I remember saying something like this to the Jasper folks. But I guess the WO-S people will see firsthand if they face them in the playoffs.  You know, by then, they’d have peaked...  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

While WO-S is preparing by playing H-J , Orangefield, , ect. Carthage is playing teams like Kilgore, Gilmer, and Pleasant Grove...

Here this all the time.They haven't  played anybody.Sometimes that is the case but for good teams it doesn't matter who they have played.

Just now, GUNHO said:

Here this all the time.They haven't  played anybody.Sometimes that is the case but for good teams it doesn't matter who they have played.

Yea, true.  WO-S is a good team.  But IMO, you need to be a little more than good to take those guys down.  Especially playoff time.  It would be good to see them lose to y’all.  Carthage been the boogie man in the region for years..

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

While WO-S is preparing by playing H-J , Orangefield, , ect. Carthage played teams like Kilgore, Gilmer, and Pleasant Grove... 

HJ and OF are in our district. Carthage played those teams in preseason. We had La Vega lined up for week 1 as well as state ranked Jasper and Newton. Carthage was gonna add LCM.

Welp, if there is a weakness in the Carthage offense Coach T. has had time to figure it out, and so will Carthage’s coach if there is such a game. Any team could lose on a Friday night. Both teams could lose before the 4th round.  I see some deficits that both teams have and I’m not a coach. I will never say until if the day comes that these two teams play LOL. Right now, I want a victory in Liberty on Friday Night. A big win, I usually never say that I want my team to put a beat down on another team. Liberty with the smack that their coaches and fans talked last year about our coaches and players left a nasty taste in my wine glass. LOL. So yes, play hard, be confident, and get the win Mustangs.

21 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

HJ and OF are in our district. Carthage played those teams in preseason. We had La Vega lined up for week 1 as well as state ranked Jasper and Newton. Carthage was gonna add LCM.

Yea, I know  what was lined up.  But the reality is the game that was played.  They’ll be really be battle tested with who they played vs who Stangs played.

6 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Jasper has zero chance of beating Carthage this year. So if you guys are wanting Carthage to get beat, better hitch your wagon to WO-S. Can call it arrogant if you want, I’m just calling it how it is.

Funny that you say that but it’s debatable that Jasper is actually a better team this year than WO-S.  So you giving props to WO-S and non to Jasper is kinda crazy looking...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Funny that you say that but it’s debatable that Jasper is actually a better team this year than WO-S.  So you giving props to WO-S and non to Jasper is kinda crazy looking...

I’m not giving props to WO-S necessarily, I’m just saying it’s not gonna be Jasper that beats Carthage. No way. And I see a lot of people wanting somebody to beat big bad arrogant Carthage. So if Jasper is better than WO-S, then I don’t know what else to say. It’s not going to be a very exciting playoff run.

9 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

I’m not giving props to WO-S necessarily, I’m just saying it’s not gonna be Jasper that beats Carthage. No way. And I see a lot of people wanting somebody to beat big bad arrogant Carthage. So if Jasper is better than WO-S, then I don’t know what else to say. It’s not going to be a very exciting playoff run.

I didn’t see the game, but word is that Jasper played you guys tough.  What makes you so confident that Jasper can’t take y’all if you played a second time?

12 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

I mean, they did score the most points on y’all thus which is something that I noticed...

10 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I didn’t see the game, but word is that Jasper played you guys tough.  What makes you so confident that Jasper can’t take y’all if you played a second time?

I hate playing a team twice in a season, specifically a team within the region.