So y'all think this Mustangs te is for real this year what your thoughts

Stangfan#1

Carthage vs WO-S is for the state title this year. Winner of that game wins it all. I know I should be humble and say “any given Friday”, but let’s just be real. Carthage has steam rolled basically the top 5 in DII with the exception of WO-S. If any team is going to keep Carthage from dropping down and dominating DII it’s gonna be up to the Mustangs to do it. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Everybody has a ton of respect for WO-S and fans have followed them closely over the years, especially on that run from 2014-2017. Always liked watching them play. We have some history from 2013. That was a hell of a game, and TBH that was for the state title. That was the best team Carthage saw in the playoffs that year. And then the next 4 years WO-S went and played in the state championship game.

But if and when that game happens, it’s going to be a defensive battle. I know WO-S is known for their D, but Carthage has had arguably the best D in the state 3 out of the last 4 years. It’s just that they don’t get as much credit because of Surratt’s offense. I think it will be a fairly low scoring game.

We have to get by Jasper first and they ain't no slouch.If we do and meet Carthage in the quarter finals of course we will be the underdogs.Last time we played them they were huge favorites and WOS gave them all they wanted before they finally won the game.Just saying.lol

50 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

WOS played well in defeat. If I remember Carthage went for something  like 4th and 12 inside their own 20 and made it. Big play in the game. Great team and went on to win championship. This was in the WOS run from 2012-17 went it took the state champion to end the Mustangs season.

We’re those the Jack Dallas days? Little dude was a baller.