4A DII State Rankings

Bulldogs92

59 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Region 3 is probably the most top heavy region in Div 2. 

Jasper played them tough, it was the closest game Carthage had this year if I recall.

Jasper is rated correctly. This isn't the one you have to win. It's the possible rematch down the road you have to worry about.

Just getting back to Carthage is gonna be TOUGH

51 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Just getting back to Carthage is gonna be TOUGH

Yeah. We'll have to get through WO-S in the second round and another really tough team in the third round just to meet up with Carthage again. If all of that happens, we'll be in much better shape to play them. On the other hand, they'll be an even better team by then. 

58 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Yeah. We'll have to get through WO-S in the second round and another really tough team in the third round just to meet up with Carthage again. If all of that happens, we'll be in much better shape to play them. On the other hand, they'll be an even better team by then. 

If you play Carthage again, you have a good squad. It means you beat WOS.

I would feel good about the chances at that point. It's hard to beat a team twice in the same season.

Region 3 is the Region of Death. I'd favor the winner of that bracket to win it all.

7 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

If you play Carthage again, you have a good squad. It means you beat WOS.

I would feel good about the chances at that point. It's hard to beat a team twice in the same season.

Region 3 is the Region of Death. I'd favor the winner of that bracket to win it all.

A lot of IFS involved, but IF Jasper met up with Carthage again this year, I would love for Jasper to take that game. Sadly though, they probably would not. Not even if they met 3 times in the same season. 

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

A lot of IFS involved, but IF Jasper met up with Carthage again this year, I would love for Jasper to take that game. Sadly though, they probably would not. Not even if they met 3 times in the same season. 

I'd feel good about our season if we got another shot at Carthage, but I would be disappointed to get that far only to lose to them again. I think Carthage is good enough to have won in DI again and they would probably even do really well in 5A-DII. 

I was frustrated Friday night when we didn't change anything that we were doing to try to get back in the game when Carthage pulled away, but all in all we did okay. 

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I'd feel good about our season if we got another shot at Carthage, but I would be disappointed to get that far only to lose to them again. I think Carthage is good enough to have won in DI again and they would probably even do really well in 5A-DII. 

I was frustrated Friday night when we didn't change anything that we were doing to try to get back in the game when Carthage pulled away, but all in all we did okay. 

Hell, y’all did great! And I think you’re right about the possibility of Carthage being really good in larger divisions. No doubt about it. 

9 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I expected Jasper to fall a couple of spots in the polls after losing to Carthage. We're getting a lot of respect in being left at #4.

Carthage gets to stay at #1 after beating us. LOL

All other ranked teams that Carthage previously beat dropped 1 spot. So yea, it's much respect from the computers.