Jasper @ Shepherd

Bulldogs92

Might as well move on from the less than impressive showing against Carthage. Shepherd has been respectable at times over the years, but they've really struggled so far this season. This is a good opportunity for Jasper to work on diversifying their offense and maybe throw the ball some, but I think they'll shorten the game and give the younger kids some playing time in the second half. 

DCTF has the Bulldogs as 58-point favorites. Carl Limbrick and Andre Thomas should have huge games and I'll go with a 59-6 win for the Dawgs. Honestly, it's really hard to get fired up as a fan/alum for games like this. 

Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I thought Jasper did good against Carthage, let me more about em. Now I think Jasper is definitely a contender come playoff time. 

For this game though: poor Shepherd. 

I had mixed feelings. I was encouraged by the first half, but I felt like we got too conservative once Carthage pulled away in the second half. I think we would have been right there if not for a few illegal procedure calls that killed drives. For some reason, we couldn't get lined up right and the staff didn't fix the problem. 

Anyway, I do feel bad for the Pirates. I have a feeling that we might put some ungodly numbers up on that team. I'm not endorsing that, but it seems like the perfect storm. My call for a 59-6 score might be a bit conservative.

6 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I had mixed feelings. I was encouraged by the first half, but I felt like we got too conservative once Carthage pulled away in the second half. I think we would have been right there if not for a few illegal procedure calls that killed drives. For some reason, we couldn't get lined up right and the staff didn't fix the problem. 

Anyway, I do feel bad for the Pirates. I have a feeling that we might put some ungodly numbers up on that team. I'm not endorsing that, but it seems like the perfect storm. My call for a 59-6 score might be a bit conservative.

I hear ya. Definitely. 

5 hours ago, chefkland76 said:

Jasper will win 42-7

And the rest of our District game and 2nd in the district.

And go 2 rounds in the playoffs 3rd round if we're lucky.

But running only 8 to 9 of the same plays with no passing attack. We will be home real soon!!!!😠

The way the matchups look, we'll get WO-S in the second round. We're gonna have to get a lot better before then or that might be it for us. I watched their game with Silsbee and the Tigers were completely outclassed. The Mustangs look really good. 

On 10/19/2020 at 6:35 AM, chefkland76 said:

Jasper will win 42-7

And the rest of our District game and 2nd in the district.

And go 2 rounds in the playoffs 3rd round if we're lucky.

But running only 8 to 9 of the same plays with no passing attack. We will be home real soon!!!!😠

Over and over and over.... every damn year!

1 hour ago, OldBallCoach said:

Over and over and over.... every damn year!

It's frustrating for sure. It feels like the district is just settling for a ceiling of getting 2-3 rounds deep every year. It's much better than the few years before Coach Barbay got that job, but there's no reason to settle for just being good every year. Those kids deserve an opportunity at greatness and so do we as fans and alumni.

How do we get there? 

13 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It's frustrating for sure. It feels like the district is just settling for a ceiling of getting 2-3 rounds deep every year. It's much better than the few years before Coach Barbay got that job, but there's no reason to settle for just being good every year. Those kids deserve an opportunity at greatness and so do we as fans and alumni.

How do we get there? 

Well look at it on the bright side y'all can run certain type of plays and also get a good look at guys who doesn't start but will return next season and see how well they will do... Just look at this game nothing more than a glorified scrimmage as well as the rest of the district when playing against Shepherd and y'all do have them for another season so that's more of a opportunity

Just now, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Well look at it on the bright side y'all can run certain type of plays and also get a good look at guys who doesn't start but will return next season and see how well they will do... Just look at this game nothing more than a glorified scrimmage as well as the rest of the district when playing against Shepherd and y'all do have them for another season so that's more of a opportunity

As far as playoffs goes just hope y'all have decent competition before y'all face them again if that happens